Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 10, 2014 at 4:36 PM Post #5,896 of 35,472
http://www.head-fi.org/t/684159/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-headphones-iems-amps-dacs/5385#post_10757922
http://www.head-fi.org/t/684159/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-headphones-iems-amps-dacs/5385#post_10757977

That would make me personally a little hesitant, but if you don't mind the wait for a new one if this happens then it's all good. And some people like DX a lot/shop there frequently.
  They should if that happened, but I haven't dealt with DX.

Bhazard got his money back or dx send another unit? or lose it?

Aug 10, 2014 at 7:58 PM Post #5,900 of 35,472
  These KZ EDSE's look flat as hell on there FR graph. Has anyone got their hands on one yet?

At first I wasn't impressed, but after a wide bore tip change which places the driver closer than the original tips, I'm starting to really like them.

They seem much flatter and more balanced now. Running them on Jriver with the GO1000.

Definitely punches way above $15, and is more balanced than the Pistons with the same clarity. As always, the cables are almost worth $15 in materials alone.

Aug 10, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #5,903 of 35,472
Well, thanks to Penon Audio (aka bigbargainonline on eBay), my 6 month journey to get a properly functioning iHiFi 960 player has finally come to a very satisfying end.  Back in February of this year, I purchased the modified iHiFi 960 on eBay from a vendor in China (the vendor known as "annie-audio").  I received my first player which was defective (bad battery) in late February, so I returned it to the vendor.  I received the replacement player in late March and it too was defective (? defective amp) with horrible sound quality.  I sent the second defective player back to the vendor, who claimed after 6 weeks he never received it in the mail, and he basically refused to help me.  8 weeks after sending the second player back to China, the vendor still denied receiving the player.  So, I basically gave up and reluctantly accepted that I had lost the player for good.  Surprisingly, about 1 month later (now in mid-June), the player showed up in my mailbox in Texas.  Despite using exactly the same address (with vendor's phone number on the label) as on the first return, the package was marked as undeliverable by China Post due to "insufficient address".  My gut feeling is that the vendor just refused to accept the player, but I guess I'll never really know for sure.  In any event, I next emailed Xuelin to try to find out how to return the player to them for repair/replacement.  Needless to say, I never heard back from the company.  I next tried to email my original vendor and he never returned an answer either.  I tried to get some local hifi shops to consider trying to fix the player, but they all refused.  I then contacted eBay and Paypal for assistance, but got absolutely nowhere.  At this point, I was ready to just put the defective player in my closet and forget all about my bad experience. The sound quality was so bad, that I couldn't force myself to listen to it.  However, since February, I had ordered some headphones from bigbargainonline, so I was aware of his store.  My last thought on the iHiFi 960 before I permanently stowed it away was to ask Penon Audio if he could supply me with the address to return the player directly to the company.  To my surprise, he offered to ship the player to Xuelin for me. So I sent the player to him and he did the rest.  Within about 3 weeks of sending the player in, Penon Audio received the repaired/replaced player and took the time to personally test it out for me.  All he asked from me for all his time and effort to help me was to pay return postage...  I did decide to buy 2 sets of headphones from him and I received all 3 items in the mail this past week.  The player works perfectly and sounds great.  So again, thanks to Penon Audio, I finally have the player I set out to get 6 months ago.  It's such great comfort knowing that those of us who live outside of Hong Kong and China have an honest, helpful, hard-working, friend in Penon Audio.  I thank him publicly here for all his assistance to me and wish him continued success with his outstanding business.

Aug 11, 2014 at 1:12 AM Post #5,905 of 35,472
  The best place to get the TTPOD is DXSoul if you are in the US. It's DX, but US direct with faster shipping.

$34 for the clear T1-E
http://www.dxsoul.com/product/ttpod-t1-enhanced-3-5mm-hi-fi-in-ear-earphone-transparent-silver-901335002#.U-gJ1_ldV8E

Are there any reported problems with T1-E units from dx? I can get the T1-E and Topping NX1 for under $70 and I'm tempted to pull the trigger.

Aug 11, 2014 at 1:30 AM Post #5,906 of 35,472
@jdog nice to hear you have solved your problem,it must be very frustrating.I to recommend Penon Audio,they have great service and they will contact or reply to you for every question you have,very proffesional.

Aug 11, 2014 at 2:27 AM Post #5,907 of 35,472
  Well, thanks to Penon Audio (aka bigbargainonline on eBay), my 6 month journey to get a properly functioning iHiFi 960 player has finally come to a very satisfying end.  Back in February of this year, I purchased the modified iHiFi 960 on eBay from a vendor in China (the vendor known as "annie-audio").  I received my first player which was defective (bad battery) in late February, so I returned it to the vendor.  I received the replacement player in late March and it too was defective (? defective amp) with horrible sound quality.  I sent the second defective player back to the vendor, who claimed after 6 weeks he never received it in the mail, and he basically refused to help me.  8 weeks after sending the second player back to China, the vendor still denied receiving the player.  So, I basically gave up and reluctantly accepted that I had lost the player for good.  Surprisingly, about 1 month later (now in mid-June), the player showed up in my mailbox in Texas.  Despite using exactly the same address (with vendor's phone number on the label) as on the first return, the package was marked as undeliverable by China Post due to "insufficient address".  My gut feeling is that the vendor just refused to accept the player, but I guess I'll never really know for sure.  In any event, I next emailed Xuelin to try to find out how to return the player to them for repair/replacement.  Needless to say, I never heard back from the company.  I next tried to email my original vendor and he never returned an answer either.  I tried to get some local hifi shops to consider trying to fix the player, but they all refused.  I then contacted eBay and Paypal for assistance, but got absolutely nowhere.  At this point, I was ready to just put the defective player in my closet and forget all about my bad experience. The sound quality was so bad, that I couldn't force myself to listen to it.  However, since February, I had ordered some headphones from bigbargainonline, so I was aware of his store.  My last thought on the iHiFi 960 before I permanently stowed it away was to ask Penon Audio if he could supply me with the address to return the player directly to the company.  To my surprise, he offered to ship the player to Xuelin for me. So I sent the player to him and he did the rest.  Within about 3 weeks of sending the player in, Penon Audio received the repaired/replaced player and took the time to personally test it out for me.  All he asked from me for all his time and effort to help me was to pay return postage...  I did decide to buy 2 sets of headphones from him and I received all 3 items in the mail this past week.  The player works perfectly and sounds great.  So again, thanks to Penon Audio, I finally have the player I set out to get 6 months ago.  It's such great comfort knowing that those of us who live outside of Hong Kong and China have an honest, helpful, hard-working, friend in Penon Audio.  I thank him publicly here for all his assistance to me and wish him continued success with his outstanding business.

Wow that is amazing the penon audio went all that distance for you, definitely a great company.

Are there any reported problems with T1-E units from dx? I can get the T1-E and Topping NX1 for under $70 and I'm tempted to pull the trigger.

Don't think so but then again I don't believe anybody has received their T1-E from the standard dx as shipping from China with them is quite slow. DXsoul on the other hand is real new I want to say and probably is now a good combination of cheap and fast shipping.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:30 AM Post #5,908 of 35,472

I'm not sure most people have them on the way still to them, as quite a few people have ordered them recently and some probably from dx.. I think the people who have/had them so far are Audiohurric4ne, Hisoundfi, mochill, sfwalcer, twister6, me, and 2 or 3 others I can't remember.

That'd be a great deal and combo! Also about $25 cheaper than if you bought them from Amazon. Dsnuts posted this:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/586909/the-discovery-thread-new-dweavers-take-pioneer-dje1500-pg-1710-sfwalcers-take-ttpod-t1-pg-1711/25770#post_10787420
But I dunno about the DXSoul bhazard shared. It seems like it'd be quicker/more reliable.

Aug 11, 2014 at 2:52 AM Post #5,909 of 35,472
I'm not sure most people have them on the way still to them, as quite a few people have ordered them recently and some probably from dx.. I think the people who have/had them so far are Audiohurric4ne, Hisoundfi, mochill, sfwalcer, twister6, me, and 2 or 3 others I can't remember.

That'd be a great deal and combo! Also about $25 cheaper than if you bought them from Amazon. Dsnuts posted this:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/586909/the-discovery-thread-new-dweavers-take-pioneer-dje1500-pg-1710-sfwalcers-take-ttpod-t1-pg-1711/25770#post_10787420
But I dunno about the DXSoul bhazard shared. It seems like it'd be quicker/more reliable.

^
yeppp i got both of my sets from penonaudio/bigbargainonline and it came within a week so....

Both of my TTPODs have tons of bass quantity so if people are not getting any bass on theirs it is most likely a defect and not a mix of up the older T1 model vs. the new T1-E.

If they ain't gots no bass all ova' yo face then they must be terminated!!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

900x900px-LL-2569e777_2d8c603a9c06aad0fde177dba240015a.gif

Aug 11, 2014 at 4:12 AM Post #5,910 of 35,472
RE: cheap Chinese phones, I just bought a Coolpad F1 for $166, which:

Sound is very good and credits go to ES9018 
DAC audio chip that can be found in higher class phones such as Vivo XPlay 3S, Vivo X3, 
Alcatel (TCL) Idol X+.

I know it can be used in the UK and pretty sure it can be used in the US - there is a good thread here with a lot of info on it if anyone is interested:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/372543-coolpad-f1-8297w-review-info-software-custom-roms/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back