Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 11, 2014 at 4:57 AM Post #5,911 of 35,472
  The best place to get the TTPOD is DXSoul if you are in the US. It's DX, but US direct with faster shipping.

$34 for the clear T1-E
http://www.dxsoul.com/product/ttpod-t1-enhanced-3-5mm-hi-fi-in-ear-earphone-transparent-silver-901335002#.U-gJ1_ldV8E

Just so people don't get misled, I believe it may be quicker but still shipped from China/Hong Kong using some service called International Bridge.

Source

Aug 11, 2014 at 1:16 PM Post #5,915 of 35,472

^
Never heard the FX850 hype myself and hope to someday hear them but yeah i think the Heaven V would be your complete upgrade ticket to the MH1/C in almost every aspect. Those Vs are like a more refined, slightly leaner but more powerful version of those Sonys just like......
.. Nick Cheung is AMAZING!!! <333s

Wait.. what about the Heaven VI then? According to an an comparison on the FAD thread, it seems that the FAD VI is even more lush sounding with more Bass than the FAD V.
Soooo tempting man!

Aug 11, 2014 at 1:39 PM Post #5,917 of 35,472
Maybe I am late to the party, but I just got my Pistons from ibuygou. I must say that I am not impressed at all since there was so much hype around them. Tenore/Ostry/Sony MH1 are superior in every regard.

how are the KZ ED compared to the Pistons? 

Aug 11, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #5,921 of 35,472
a question (to bhazard in specific, but others can chime in): if i were to order something like the vivo xe800 from taobao, what is the process for doing that? just create an account, check out, pay with card, done? how long is the expected delivery time? if i could get them before 2 weeks, then i might give them a shot, if not i have to find another beater pair for a plane trip.

Aug 11, 2014 at 6:02 PM Post #5,924 of 35,472
Yeah, the Philips aren't quite as good as the QB2 I wouldn't think. Signature preference plays a role always though. Still the T1-E is probably a better phone than the VSD1S or Pistons or QB(2) or Philips. 

These are the only places I can find them for cheaper right now, besides $45 and over: http://www.dx.com/p/ttpod-t1-enhanced-3-5mm-hi-fi-in-ear-earphone-transparent-silver-335002#.U96GPYBdVdo
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TTPOD-T1E-Enhanced-Bass-HIFI-Music-Dual-Dynamic-Headset-For-MP3-Mobile-PC-/351132979532?_trksid=p2054897.l5658
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TTPOD-T1E-Enhanced-Bass-HIFI-Music-Dual-Dynamic-Headset-For-MP3-Mobile-PC-/351123586283?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

Hope it helps! It is a great iem for the money. Also, I think they would make a good beater iem; they seem really really durable. Time will tell. But I would feel comfortable throwing em' in a bag and working out with them even.

A much belated thank you for the reply, I was on vacation. :D The good news is that the QB2 is in better shape than I thought so I'm not in a big hurry.
The TTPod does seem like a great IEM, but I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable buying Chinese IEMs from anywhere other than the trio of Penon, LMUE, and MP4Nation, and they cost quite a bit more over there.
Speaking of MP4Nation, I've noticed that they have a couple of KZ IEMs, though not the ones currently being hyped up and at a higher price than from Ali sellers.

Anyway, seems like my options are the TTPod, trying my luck with some KZ off Ali or maybe jumping on the discounted VSD3S from Penon. Some KZ model would probably be ideal (consider that for stuff above the equivalent of 22€ the price jumps up due to the VAT), but the reports on the sellers seems very mixed at best. This is a tough one.

Aug 11, 2014 at 6:15 PM Post #5,925 of 35,472
A much belated thank you for the reply, I was on vacation. :D The good news is that the QB2 is in better shape than I thought so I'm not in a big hurry.
The TTPod does seem like a great IEM, but I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable buying Chinese IEMs from anywhere other than the trio of Penon, LMUE, and MP4Nation, and they cost quite a bit more over there.
Speaking of MP4Nation, I've noticed that they have a couple of KZ IEMs, though not the ones currently being hyped up and at a higher price than from Ali sellers.

Anyway, seems like my options are the TTPod, trying my luck with some KZ off Ali or maybe jumping on the discounted VSD3S from Penon. Some KZ model would probably be ideal (consider that for stuff above the equivalent of 22€ the price jumps up due to the VAT), but the reports on the sellers seems very mixed at best. This is a tough one.

You're welcome! Hope you enjoyed it! :wink:

The $45 discounted Vsonic would be a good deal... Also you could order the T1-E from dxsoul as bhazard suggested: http://www.head-fi.org/t/684159/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-headphones-iems-amps-dacs/5895#post_10786682
Some people will have the T1-E coming in this week from DX and a couple other places I think, so you could wait for some impressions on their order/the iem. Hope it helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back