Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 9, 2014 at 2:21 AM Post #5,791 of 35,472
I was cleaning and found an unused compact camera case...I think I am not supposed to post a link the fleabay site...but if you search "Hard Shell Digital Camera Bag Case for Small Compact Digital Cameras"...you can find them for $3.69
Can easily hold few iems :)

Aug 9, 2014 at 2:30 AM Post #5,792 of 35,472
Hello. I am having a hard time choosing my iems, as many others. After talking to some, researching, looking for an avaiable pair that can ship to my country and recent price drops and offers, I narrowed it down to two: GR07 Classic Edition and Havi B3. I would like help choosing these, considering that: I won't use it with an amp and I listen to rock, classical music, jazz. Prices are $50 for B3 and $80 for GR07

Aug 9, 2014 at 2:33 AM Post #5,793 of 35,472
I know the Tenores have quality control issues but have you heard anything about the Basso's? That's the pair I'm looking to get , either that or the T1-E's.

I have not heard the T1-E but have the tenore and basso. If there's a problem with the Basso, it's the driver flex. But it doesn't affect the sound at all.

Aug 9, 2014 at 3:08 AM Post #5,794 of 35,472
  Hello. I am having a hard time choosing my iems, as many others. After talking to some, researching, looking for an avaiable pair that can ship to my country and recent price drops and offers, I narrowed it down to two: GR07 Classic Edition and Havi B3. I would like help choosing these, considering that: I won't use it with an amp and I listen to rock, classical music, jazz. Prices are $50 for B3 and $80 for GR07

Well, if you're not going to be using an amp, I would go for the GR07. The Havi's would be hard to drive without an amp or powerful DAP.  

Aug 9, 2014 at 3:10 AM Post #5,795 of 35,472

GR07 CE....w/o a doubt no amp needed. Do remember about B3's shell and if you have very smaller ears.....
If you add $36-38, you would get NX1 amp that pairs with B3, and additional $5-7 you may need if you buy both B3+NX1 against just GR07.......you need to figure out which suits you. Both are excellent IEMs but if I were you I wld choose CE as its of neutral...or buy them before the deal is gone,listen to them and sell the one you dont want to keep....:D

Aug 9, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #5,797 of 35,472
     Mine had pretty big bass before any burn-in, so I don't know. I liked em' and was impressed from open box!

Tenore quality issues are clear. Bass variance, loose cable/housing issues, volume imbalance. Poorly built.

I don't think we can put the TTPOD up there yet man. There is only one possible one so far. If a no/little bass problem with T1-E for the couple people continues on with more individuals, then yes in the future we can definitely. But as of yet we can't jump to, "oh, there is obvious quality issues with these" imho.

I asked to Lendmeurears, if they received any complain about the lack of bass on ttpod t1e and they said this: Hi,

Nope, we did not receive such a complain but we do receive complains on channel imbalance from 2 of our customers.

Regards,

Lend Me UR ears

Anyone here had this issue with ttpod t1e? imbalance on channels?

Aug 9, 2014 at 2:07 PM Post #5,798 of 35,472
I asked to Lendmeurears, if they received any complain about the lack of bass on ttpod t1e and they said this: Hi,

Nope, we did not receive such a complain but we do receive complains on channel imbalance from 2 of our customers.

Regards,

Lend Me UR ears

Anyone here had this issue with ttpod t1e? imbalance on channels?

Well that's unfortunate and sucky :/ Guess there are some problems and that can't be ignored.
Maybe we should ask Penon too.

Aug 9, 2014 at 2:13 PM Post #5,799 of 35,472
Since someone asked me about some IEM recs via PM specifically how the JVC FXD80 compare to the current crop of budget-fi wonders....

Pretty relevant since someone just asked here:

The FXD80s are pretty good sounding so you can't really go wrong with them. BUT and that's a BIG BUTT going with a "mainstream manufacturer" doesn't always equate to better sound or better customer service. And in your case these JVCs are only sold in Jpn so if you have problems with them good luck sending them back for returns/refunds/exchanges. Same could be said for those Chinese IEMs but therr are trusted sellers like Penon/bigbargainonline that has 1 year warranties/ very good return/ exchange policies so..... there is better safer avenues/ options to get those Chinese IEMs when there are problems with then compared to their Jpnese counterpart.

Since we are on the topic of quality control, you should skip the Tenores by default based on all the bad experiences head-fiers have had with them.

So that leaves you with the Ostry and TTPODs and the FXD80s. If passive isolation is not your top priority the Ostry is the best sounding most technically capable outta' the three, cuz they literally will make those FXD80s sound like childs play in tuning with their great bass texture/quality, VERY wide soundstaging/ lush 3Desque mids and amazingly extended yet never overly bright/harsh nor sibilant treble. These Ostriches are real dealios yo' no hype and they just have this unique old school organic analog sound character to them that is akin to the VSonic GR07 BEs which many head-fier praises to no end. 

The TTPOD T1-Es on the other hand has less texture to their sound and is tuned more like your conventional bass centric IEM meaning the 1st thing you will notice is their big bass and very extended treble, almost that classic "V-shape" sound if you will, BUT this is not the case here cuz the mids on these TTPODs are just as forward and lush as their bass quantity/quality along with their extended treble. So what you have/ get with these TTPODs is a true audiophile basshead IEM that does justice to every aspect of the sonic spectrum and leaves nothing behind cuz you literally gets it all, esp in the bass.

I have burned in my T1-E for the past week non-stop and their bass has improve quite a bit along with their treble. It's bass post burn-in has settled down some, and has increased in texture giving it a more spacious/ roomy atmospheric sense to them unlike previously where you just get hit by a big dose of it in a concentrated narrower range. So in a sense the bass has became more enveloping with better texture and flavor. The treble has also became less bright and less fatiguing but yet still remain very well extended, though still lacking that refined sparkle and shimmer. All in all these TTPODs are now even more well balanced and is a SERIOUS power house of an IEM that holds no bars!!! For $36-$50 these are a steal!!! And is much better deal/ more capable IEM than those FXD80s. The 80s in comparison sounds tiny, artificial, cold, sterile and a bit lacking tbh.

For me though the Ostry is the best outta' all of them due to their unique and non-fatiguing spacious and very atmospheric textured sound that is EXTREMELY easy to drive. The TTPODs takes 2nd spot if you want very good passive isolation and a more conventional type of sound signature/ tuning that is medium hard to drive, an amp will no doubt make them better. The JVCs is last and is a bit dated for the performance to price ratio esp. with so many heavy hitters these days. They were great like 2 years ago but can't really hang with the current crop of budget-fi sonic wonders.

Hope this helps. :wink:

Aug 9, 2014 at 2:16 PM Post #5,800 of 35,472
I'm stuck between the JVC HA-FXD80, the TTPOD T1-E, and the VSonic VSD 3S. I'm coming from the Monoprice 8320s and i'm looking for an upgrade to help me get into head gear.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Aug 9, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #5,803 of 35,472
I honestly did not see that LOL. Thanks for pointing that out.
Based on what you say, I'm leaning towards the T1-E. But I haven't counted out the VSD 3S yet.

What do you listen to and what do you like to hear in your music?

I listen to mostly alt. rock & hard rock, pop, electronic music, and metal/nu metal. 
I want to be able to feel the bass, but not have the bass overwhelm the mid and the treble like the Skullcandy Ink'd that I used to own. Preferrably the treble not to be too harsh as well. 

I'm not very good at describing these kinds of things but I hope that gives you an idea.

Aug 9, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #5,804 of 35,472
I might start adding Chinese manufacturer Smartphones to the OP list. There are A LOT of them with some high end DACs in them. Some even have Dolby/DTS-X/Dirac HD built in!

If they start adding T-Mobile US LTE bands to their models, I will be purchasing many of them over the usual HTC/Samsung/LG phones. I think those phones are mediocre and overpriced compared to some of the stuff coming out of China lately.

Aug 9, 2014 at 2:57 PM Post #5,805 of 35,472
Since someone asked me about some IEM recs via PM specifically how the JVC FXD80 compare to the current crop of budget-fi wonders....

Pretty relevant since someone just asked here:

The FXD80s are pretty good sounding so you can't really go wrong with them. BUT and that's a BIG BUTT going with a "mainstream manufacturer" doesn't always equate to better sound or better customer service. And in your case these JVCs are only sold in Jpn so if you have problems with them good luck sending them back for returns/refunds/exchanges. Same could be said for those Chinese IEMs but therr are trusted sellers like Penon/bigbargainonline that has 1 year warranties/ very good return/ exchange policies so..... there is better safer avenues/ options to get those Chinese IEMs when there are problems with then compared to their Jpnese counterpart.

Since we are on the topic of quality control, you should skip the Tenores by default based on all the bad experiences head-fiers have had with them.

So that leaves you with the Ostry and TTPODs and the FXD80s. If passive isolation is not your top priority the Ostry is the best sounding most technically capable outta' the three, cuz they literally will make those FXD80s sound like childs play in tuning with their great bass texture/quality, VERY wide soundstaging/ lush 3Desque mids and amazingly extended yet never overly bright/harsh nor sibilant treble. These Ostriches are real dealios yo' no hype and they just have this unique old school organic analog sound character to them that is akin to the VSonic GR07 BEs which many head-fier praises to no end. 

The TTPOD T1-Es on the other hand has less texture to their sound and is tuned more like your conventional bass centric IEM meaning the 1st thing you will notice is their big bass and very extended treble, almost that classic "V-shape" sound if you will, BUT this is not the case here cuz the mids on these TTPODs are just as forward and lush as their bass quantity/quality along with their extended treble. So what you have/ get with these TTPODs is a true audiophile basshead IEM that does justice to every aspect of the sonic spectrum and leaves nothing behind cuz you literally gets it all, esp in the bass.

I have burned in my T1-E for the past week non-stop and their bass has improve quite a bit along with their treble. It's bass post burn-in has settled down some, and has increased in texture giving it a more spacious/ roomy atmospheric sense to them unlike previously where you just get hit by a big dose of it in a concentrated narrower range. So in a sense the bass has became more enveloping with better texture and flavor. The treble has also became less bright and less fatiguing but yet still remain very well extended, though still lacking that refined sparkle and shimmer. All in all these TTPODs are now even more well balanced and is a SERIOUS power house of an IEM that holds no bars!!! For $36-$50 these are a steal!!! And is much better deal/ more capable IEM than those FXD80s. The 80s in comparison sounds tiny, artificial, cold, sterile and a bit lacking tbh.

For me though the Ostry is the best outta' all of them due to their unique and non-fatiguing spacious and very atmospheric textured sound that is EXTREMELY easy to drive. The TTPODs takes 2nd spot if you want very good passive isolation and a more conventional type of sound signature/ tuning that is medium hard to drive, an amp will no doubt make them better. The JVCs is last and is a bit dated for the performance to price ratio esp. with so many heavy hitters these days. They were great like 2 years ago but can't really hang with the current crop of budget-fi sonic wonders.

Hope this helps. :wink:

I know the Tenores are out of question due to QC issues but what about the Basso's? The only issues I've heard were about driver flex. Other than that, I feel like they go head on against the T1-E's. Any recommendations on which comes out on top?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back