Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 9, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #5,822 of 35,472
  I honestly did not see that LOL. Thanks for pointing that out.
Based on what you say, I'm leaning towards the T1-E. But I haven't counted out the VSD 3S yet.

I listen to mostly alt. rock & hard rock, pop, electronic music, and metal/nu metal. 
I want to be able to feel the bass, but not have the bass overwhelm the mid and the treble like the Skullcandy Ink'd that I used to own. Preferrably the treble not to be too harsh as well

I'm not very good at describing these kinds of things but I hope that gives you an idea.

I would say with this ^ if you're leaning toward the T1-E you can't go wrong or be disappointed. The VSD3S may have a little too harsh of highs for ya especially if you like to listen a little louder sometime with your preferred music genres to feel the bass at times. I'd say go for what you're leaning towards. The T1-E will be less fatiguing by everyone's ears&preferences are somewhat different.
And like sf said the FXD80 is out! Too bright and cold and artificial. With recessed mids. I concur with his thoughts on that.

Thanks! I was browsing that thread last night before I fell asleep haha.

I just read up on the Ostry KC06s and all the reviewers love them, but they say the isolation is poor so that might deter me from them.

Yeah, sucky isolation wouldn't be fun for me either. T1-E and the Vsonic would be better at that.

Aug 9, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #5,823 of 35,472

I'd sorta agree. I think the XE800 and B3 Pro 1 will both be better than the Ostry KC06, though I haven't heard two of those. But depending on what other iems you have at the moment. I think the T1-E or even KC06A would make a great compliment to those two you ordered.

Aug 9, 2014 at 8:54 PM Post #5,824 of 35,472
I did an a-b with the vsd3s and the S2 (which as far as I understand should sound the same as the S1) a while ago after getting a question about the two from another head-fier.

If you're interested in it please let me know and I'll PM it to you.

I personally prefer the vsd3s over both the Tenores and the KC06 so it might be useful.

What are your favourite IEMs? I saw your list in your profile 
biggrin.gif

Mine are the Tenore, BA200, and GR07. I was thinking of either getting the KC06 or S1 (or something else?) What do you think would suit me? I read about the VSD3S also, but I don't want something that's almost a GR07

Aug 9, 2014 at 9:17 PM Post #5,826 of 35,472
I would say with this ^ if you're leaning toward the T1-E you can't go wrong or be disappointed. The VSD3S may have a little too harsh of highs for ya especially if you like to listen a little louder sometime with your preferred music genres to feel the bass at times. I'd say go for what you're leaning towards. The T1-E will be less fatiguing by everyone's ears&preferences are somewhat different.
And like sf said the FXD80 is out! Too bright and cold and artificial. With recessed mids. I concur with his thoughts on that.

Yeah, sucky isolation wouldn't be fun for me either. T1-E and the Vsonic would be better at that.

Thanks. I guess that takes the Ostry out and make me lean towards the T1-E even more. Haha there's so much to choose from.. If only I had money to buy them all :c

Aug 9, 2014 at 9:20 PM Post #5,827 of 35,472
  Vivo Xplay 3S (DTS-X Headphone, ESS DAC)
TCL Idol X
Oppo Find 7 (Dirac HD)
Meizu MX4 

and a few others have Wolfson DACs and other nice ones too. None have US LTE bands on the phone though,

Take a look at the THL5000 as well. 

The MX4 isn't out yet I don't think. More concrete information regarding the screen was released only a short while ago. But it should be so sweet!

I have a fascination with cheap products. I have a Samsung S5 sitting in the box because i'd rather use my $180 Elephone P2000...lol

Aug 9, 2014 at 10:21 PM Post #5,829 of 35,472
I'd sorta agree. I think the XE800 and B3 Pro 1 will both be better than the Ostry KC06, though I haven't heard two of those. But depending on what other iems you have at the moment. I think the T1-E or even KC06A would make a great compliment to those two you ordered.

I only have the klipsch s4, i bought this xe800 that is like gr07 and havi b3 pro i and the amp nx1...
You think that ostry or ttpod t1e will add something to me with different signature? Which go first?
Im learning about iems, newbie here :)

Aug 9, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #5,832 of 35,472
  Takstar HI1200 woodies. $30 on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TAKSTAR-HI1200-Good-Metal-Diaphragm-In-ear-Earphone-For-Android-IOS-Phone-MP3-PC-/171373427237?pt=Bluetooth_Wireless_Products&hash=item27e6a6fa25

I may have to try them.

LOL, for a moment I imagined a woodie full-size headphone from Takstar, unfortunatly I was wrong 
frown.gif

Aug 9, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #5,833 of 35,472
I only have the klipsch s4, i bought this xe800 that is like gr07 and havi b3 pro i and the amp nx1...
You think that ostry or ttpod t1e will add something to me with different signature? Which go first?
Im learning about iems, newbie here :)

Ah S4, your mind will be blown hopefully! :wink: Well, you will have two iems that are a tier above the KC06 for the balanced signature with some brightness/treble emphasis... and with satisfactory bass, with the Havi having less I assume. But of course, they have their differentiations. Those are bhazard's favorites you ordered btw :)

The TTPOD would be a great compliment signature that is a little less technical sounding than those two, but with bigger bass, albeit maybe more fun & HiFi sounding! Plus they are a bit smoother and less fatiguing than the other two, but I'm not sure on the XE800 front as I haven't heard them. The KC06A wouldn't be as good of a compliment IMO, as they are supposed to be pretty bright too but have the more bass emphasis that you might want. You have to see how you like the two new incoming and if you like more bass or less. Brighter highs or less. Then once you have decided that, we can help you decide between the T1-E & KC06A :wink:

...But hopefully they'll hit the sweet spot for ya and you can enjoy them for a while before you get curious about a sub-$100 complemental item :D

Aug 9, 2014 at 11:51 PM Post #5,834 of 35,472
  I am also considering the JVC FX850. Any thoughts on them compared to the Heaven V and MH1?

The Sony are looking way to big to me. I want to go outside without antennas coming out from my ears ;D
Soundwise it also sounds to me that I prefer the Heaven V over the Sony , since I want a deep compact punchlike Bass instead of more overall Bass than the MH1.

^
Never heard the FX850 hype myself and hope to someday hear them but yeah i think the Heaven V would be your complete upgrade ticket to the MH1/C in almost every aspect. Those Vs are like a more refined, slightly leaner but more powerful version of those Sonys just like......
... Nick Cheung is AMAZING!!! <333s

Aug 9, 2014 at 11:51 PM Post #5,835 of 35,472
Ah S4, your mind will be blown hopefully! :wink: Well, you will have two iems that are a tier above the KC06 for the balanced signature with some brightness/treble emphasis... and with satisfactory bass, with the Havi having less I assume. But of course, they have their differentiations. Those are bhazard's favorites you ordered btw :)

The TTPOD would be a great compliment signature that is a little less technical sounding than those two, but with bigger bass, albeit maybe more fun & HiFi sounding! Plus they are a bit smoother and less fatiguing than the other two, but I'm not sure on the XE800 front as I haven't heard them. The KC06A wouldn't be as good of a compliment IMO, as they are supposed to be pretty bright too but have the more bass emphasis that you might want. You have to see how you like the two new incoming and if you like more bass or less. Brighter highs or less. Then once you have decided that, we can help you decide between the T1-E & KC06A :wink:

...But hopefully they'll hit the sweet spot for ya and you can enjoy them for a while before you get curious about a sub-$100 complemental item :D

Im asking that to use the 18% lendmeurears wisely :)
So to to compliment gr07be and havis the ttpod t1e will be best than kc06a?
So i can know different signatures :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back