Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 9, 2014 at 3:01 PM Post #5,806 of 35,472
  I might start adding Chinese manufacturer Smartphones to the OP list. There are A LOT of them with some high end DACs in them. Some even have Dolby/DTS-X/Dirac HD built in!

If they start adding T-Mobile US LTE bands to their models, I will be purchasing many of them over the usual HTC/Samsung/LG phones. I think those phones are mediocre and overpriced compared to some of the stuff coming out of China lately.

Btw, thought you might find this remark from James (FiiO) interesting: http://www.head-fi.org/t/691332/fiio-x1-the-first-high-res-dap-for-the-young/1410#post_10782724

Aug 9, 2014 at 3:01 PM Post #5,807 of 35,472
  I might start adding Chinese manufacturer Smartphones to the OP list. There are A LOT of them with some high end DACs in them. Some even have Dolby/DTS-X/Dirac HD built in!

If they start adding T-Mobile US LTE bands to their models, I will be purchasing many of them over the usual HTC/Samsung/LG phones. I think those phones are mediocre and overpriced compared to some of the stuff coming out of China lately.

^
Welp if you wanna do that you MUST check out this site for all phones CHINESE!!! haha

Great in depth reviews of lots of the hyped models/brands in China.

i check it on the daily. :  )

http://www.gizchina.com/

A review of your current beloved +1s.
http://www.gizchina.com/2014/07/31/oneplus-one-review/

Aug 9, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #5,808 of 35,472
I know the Tenores are out of question due to QC issues but what about the Basso's? The only issues I've heard were about driver flex. Other than that, I feel like they go head on against the T1-E's. Any recommendations on which comes out on top?

^
Lucky for you that i have auditioned and written about the Bassos as well.
tongue_smile.gif

The Bassos are like the T1-Es in that nothing feels lacking and you get bass quality and quantity in spades, along with every good forward mids and very good treble. BUT the overall sound signature of the Bassos is more "airy" despite being a bass centric IEM and that was what made them very unique to me. They have a larger soundstage than the TE-1s and combined with their big airy bass sound makes for a less fatiguing listen esp. for long sessions. The mids on the Bassos is not as lush compared to the T1-E from memory along with a smoother treble and this was why in my write-up of them that i stated they make for a very good upgrade to the Sony MH1/Cs if you want something with a similar sound signature but with more air to them.

The T1-Es on the other hand sound more dynamic and in your face due to the slightly smaller sounstage and more punchy/ aggressive bass presentation. Hence combined with their more extended treble the T1-Es can be a more fatiguing listen cuz their sound is more energetic and intimate in scale. The mids are also more lush on these T1-E from memory compared to the Bassos but both are pretty similar tbh.

Oh and regarding driver flex on the Bassos...... the set i had for audition was so bad that i barely was able to listen to them at all. The driver flex affected the sound so much for me that nothing sounded right from A LOT of the tips i used, almost like when you have a vacuum seal and the sound is just weird. BUT thank god i had some RHA MA350 tips that was able to give me a perfect seal without the driver flex messing up the sound, pheeeeew. Others reported that the driver flex on their Bassos didn't affect the sound so.... YMMV

The T1-Es on the other hand have zero driver flex and sound crazy consistent with many of the tips i have tried on them. Very easy insertion/seal and crazy comfort to boot so......

Aug 9, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #5,809 of 35,472
Originally Posted by pandaprox /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I listen to mostly alt. rock & hard rock, pop, electronic music, and metal/nu metal. 
I want to be able to feel the bass, but not have the bass overwhelm the mid and the treble like the Skullcandy Ink'd that I used to own. Preferrably the treble not to be too harsh as well. 

I'm not very good at describing these kinds of things but I hope that gives you an idea.

Well, If you're coming from Ink'd, either one is going to make you very, very happy. I haven't heard the TTPOD, so I can only give you an opinion on the VSD3S. The VSD3S doesn't have bass that will slam or boom, but the bass is very deep and you feel it more so than you hear it. It's definitely there, it's just not overpowering. The highs can get a little harsh, but it's not a big deal unless you're listening to them too loud. You can also use different tips to make them less harsh in the treble. The VSD3S also has a great image and soundstage. That is, you can tell where every instrument is, and they're all very clear and separate from on another. You can close your eyes and hear the sound all around you instead of just in your left and right ear. FWIW, I listen to everything from Metal, to Alt rock, to Folk, to EDM, to Asian Pop, to Jazz, to Classical, and there's nothing they don't do well. Vocals and guitars sound particularly nice and drums are softer but tight and controlled. They're a very musical and easy to listen to IEM that make a great all arounder.

My original thoughts on them are here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/669510/the-new-iem-of-vsonic-vsd-3s-impression-updated-by-smailbz/1695#post_10687161

There's a lot of other good info on them around those pages from others.

Aug 9, 2014 at 3:32 PM Post #5,810 of 35,472
What?!? from the sound of it the Bassos are like perfect for me! The lack of Bass and warmness and the emphasized Treble on my Tenore are making me to listen to the MH1 more. 
I think I am getting the Bassos now. If everything fails, I really gonna go for the Final Audio Design Heaven V..........

Aug 9, 2014 at 3:49 PM Post #5,811 of 35,472
What?!? from the sound of it the Bassos are like perfect for me! The lack of Bass and warmness and the emphasized Treble on my Tenore are making me to listen to the MH1 more. 
I think I am getting the Bassos now. If everything fails, I really gonna go for the Final Audio Design Heaven V..........

^
yeah those Bassos are damn good as well, and just as good as the Tenores but with more bass emphasis and less micro details/ mid-range resolution than the Tenores. Those flat TOTLer analytical mofos just hyped the Tenores to high heavens cuz it just sounded more balanced and "flatter" is alls. They don't really blow the Bassos outta' the water nor bests them cuz there are things the Bassos do better such as a larger soundstage and a more airy less fatiguing sound but with amazing bass quality/quantity as well so.....

And yeppp X2 those FAD Heaven Vs would be a TOTAL and COMPLETE upgrade to the Sony MH1/C in terms of sound signature/ technical ability, resolution, etc etc etc. And the Sony XBA-H3 would be a good upgrade to those Heaven Vs if you want even more BOMBASTIC bass than the MH1/C with amazing extension/extension to the treble but yet smooth at the same time.

The MH1/C, FAD Heaven V and Sony XBA-H3 all have a VERY similar sound and presentation, almost as if it was the same person that tuned them. This is the reason why despite having auditioned the FAD/ H3s i am still content with my lowly MH1/C and is waiting it out for a massive price drop on those H3s then cop a set. haha NO RUSH!!! 
ph34r.gif

Aug 9, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #5,812 of 35,472

Which china phones has the best sound? And has good prices too?

Aug 9, 2014 at 3:59 PM Post #5,814 of 35,472
  ^
yeah those Bassos are damn good as well, and just as good as the Tenores but with more bass emphasis and less micro details/ mid-range resolution than the Tenores. Those flat TOTLer analytical mofos just hyped the Tenores to high heavens cuz it just sounded more balanced and "flatter" is alls. They don't really blow the Bassos outta' the water nor bests them cuz there are things the Bassos do better such as a larger soundstage and a more airy less fatiguing sound but with amazing bass quality/quantity as well so.....

And yeppp X2 those FAD Heaven Vs would be a TOTAL and COMPLETE upgrade to the Sony MH1/C in terms of sound signature/ technical ability, resolution, etc etc etc. And the Sony XBA-H3 would be a good upgrade to those Heaven Vs if you want even more BOMBASTIC bass than the MH1/C with amazing extension/extension to the treble but yet smooth at the same time.

The MH1/C, FAD Heaven V and Sony XBA-H3 all have a VERY similar sound and presentation, almost as if it was the same person that tuned them. This is the reason why despite having auditioned the FAD/ H3s i am still content with my lowly MH1/C and is waiting it out for a massive price drop on those H3s then cop a set. haha NO RUSH!!! 
ph34r.gif

I am also considering the JVC FX850. Any thoughts on them compared to the Heaven V and MH1?

The Sony are looking way to big to me. I want to go outside without antennas coming out from my ears ;D
Soundwise it also sounds to me that I prefer the Heaven V over the Sony , since I want a deep compact punchlike Bass instead of more overall Bass than the MH1.

Aug 9, 2014 at 4:20 PM Post #5,816 of 35,472

Well, If you're coming from Ink'd, either one is going to make you very, very happy. I haven't heard the TTPOD, so I can only give you an opinion on the VSD3S. The VSD3S doesn't have bass that will slam or boom, but the bass is very deep and you feel it more so than you hear it. It's definitely there, it's just not overpowering. The highs can get a little harsh, but it's not a big deal unless you're listening to them too loud. You can also use different tips to make them less harsh in the treble. The VSD3S also has a great image and soundstage. That is, you can tell where every instrument is, and they're all very clear and separate from on another. You can close your eyes and hear the sound all around you instead of just in your left and right ear. FWIW, I listen to everything from Metal, to Alt rock, to Folk, to EDM, to Asian Pop, to Jazz, to Classical, and there's nothing they don't do well. Vocals and guitars sound particularly nice and drums are softer but tight and controlled. They're a very musical and easy to listen to IEM that make a great all arounder.

My original thoughts on them are here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/669510/the-new-iem-of-vsonic-vsd-3s-impression-updated-by-smailbz/1695#post_10687161

There's a lot of other good info on them around those pages from others.

Thanks! I was browsing that thread last night before I fell asleep haha.

I just read up on the Ostry KC06s and all the reviewers love them, but they say the isolation is poor so that might deter me from them.

Aug 9, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #5,817 of 35,472
My order for the HP200 was just cancelled :frowning2:

I'll guess I just have to wait for the X2 to be released......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back