Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 31, 2014 at 11:23 PM Post #3,408 of 35,472
Hey guys, I am in the market for canned headphones and been looking for few days and have come across few different types of asian brand headphones. I am mainly going to be using them for gaming and music/movies and I am not an audiophile "freak" meaning i just use whatever is there and these will be my first "decent" headphones. So far I have come across Superlux HD681 evo, takstar HI 2050, pro 80 and HD 6000. These are almost around the same price with HD 6000 prob being 10-15 dollars more expensive shipped to canada from ebay/aliexpress. Any thought to which one of these would be best for comfort and decent sound? I don't mind semi-open/open incase there are other suggestion that are better than these. 

Jun 1, 2014 at 1:12 AM Post #3,412 of 35,472
  Hey guys, I am in the market for canned headphones and been looking for few days and have come across few different types of asian brand headphones. I am mainly going to be using them for gaming and music/movies and I am not an audiophile "freak" meaning i just use whatever is there and these will be my first "decent" headphones. So far I have come across Superlux HD681 evo, takstar HI 2050, pro 80 and HD 6000. These are almost around the same price with HD 6000 prob being 10-15 dollars more expensive shipped to canada from ebay/aliexpress. Any thought to which one of these would be best for comfort and decent sound? I don't mind semi-open/open incase there are other suggestion that are better than these. 

I personally use the Takstar Pro 80 for gaming and it is perfect. If you want something with a larger soundstage (good for FPS games) then get the HI 2050 which is just an open design of the Pro 80. But, as the HI 2050 is an open can, this means that it leaks a lot of the sound, so not so good for a portable can.

Jun 1, 2014 at 1:17 AM Post #3,413 of 35,472

I personally use the Takstar Pro 80 for gaming and it is perfect. If you want something with a larger soundstage (good for FPS games) then get the HI 2050 which is just an open design of the Pro 80. But, as the HI 2050 is an open can, this means that it leaks a lot of the sound, so not so good for a portable can.

Thank you for your response. I am mostly using these headphones at home so not worried about portability.  And I am using them mainly for fps gaming and movies therefore, should h82050 reccomended over pro-80 for comfort?and better for gaming?

Jun 1, 2014 at 1:28 AM Post #3,414 of 35,472
  Thank you for your response. I am mostly using these headphones at home so not worried about portability.  And I am using them mainly for fps gaming and movies therefore, should h82050 reccomended over pro-80 for comfort?and better for gaming?

Like I said, they're identical except for the open/closed backs, so the comfort is exactly the same, which is actually quite nice, though the main difference is that the HI 2050 comes with "velour" pads and the Pro 80 comes with "leather" pads, that's up to personal preference which one you'd prefer. They're easy to drive so no need for an amp but they sound much more controlled when amplified. And the build is absolutely solid! The head band is super flexible and strong. I always seem to play with it to test it's durability, it still amazes me how premium they feel.

Jun 1, 2014 at 6:00 AM Post #3,415 of 35,472
  Yeah i was looking into ATH-M50 but they are currently out of my price range so figured only one of these asian brand headphones might be the affordable ones atm.

There is the Pioneer SE-A1000 for $65 or the Audio Technica ATH-TAD400 for $66 both on Amazon.  Just sayin

Jun 1, 2014 at 11:31 AM Post #3,416 of 35,472
Listened to TTPOD T1 for a couple of hours now and I can say that I love them very much. They are by no means very resolving or analytical like the HAVI nor they are too warm. They are somewhere in the middle and IMHO make a great IEM for fun and casual listening. Plus, they look great. I have them in transparent blue and they have a very unique look. They have a great quality cable,a little thicker and stiffer than most of the IEM's in this price range which makes it less prone to tangling.

Jun 1, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #3,417 of 35,472
  Listened to TTPOD T1 for a couple of hours now and I can say that I love them very much. They are by no means very resolving or analytical like the HAVI nor they are too warm. They are somewhere in the middle and IMHO make a great IEM for fun and casual listening. Plus, they look great. I have them in transparent blue and they have a very unique look. They have a great quality cable,a little thicker and stiffer than most of the IEM's in this price range which makes it less prone to tangling.

They are on my wish list just waiting for positive feedback... Where did you get yours Hal?

Jun 1, 2014 at 6:29 PM Post #3,419 of 35,472
Recently ttpod introduced the enhanced version of t1. Supposed to be a better performer. Info from their facebook page. FYI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back