BTG-Audio Cable Impressions, Reviews and Discussion | Sunrise, Starlight & FitEar
Sep 21, 2018 at 11:50 AM Post #166 of 203
Jan 16, 2019 at 4:41 PM Post #168 of 203
Excellent work/service by Brian, received my Westone W4 with CIEM connectors and Starlight cable in prompt time. :thumbsup::smile_phones:

Thanks for the feedback! I've been working hard to try and address everyone's concerns moving forward. Feel free to shoot me an email or reply here if there are any questions that need answering.

Jan 23, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #169 of 203
Brian helped me with a cable re-termination job on a stock Sennheiser HD650 cable. He promptly finished the work and mailed the cable to me very quickly. The job is impeccable! Highly recommended!

Feb 12, 2019 at 4:23 PM Post #170 of 203
Brian modified my ancient Westone UM2 IEM's to use removable 2-pin cables. Very clean job, and I got them back within about a week of dropping them off (shipped out in less then a week)! I would certainly contact and recommend him for any other cable-related jobs in the future.
:ksc75smile: :thumbsup:

Feb 15, 2019 at 5:41 PM Post #172 of 203
My dt880’s that Brian did the detachable cable mod on. He did a great job and had my phones back to me in a reasonable amount of time. Highly recommended
A71EC3D1-3F2D-4515-9DD5-D92B396268A7.jpeg
D2803CE1-CE2F-4F11-8A8E-72252933E166.jpeg

Feb 23, 2019 at 11:05 PM Post #175 of 203
I had a pair of 2013 V-Sonic GR07 that had been out of service for over a year, due to the right monitor not working. I wasn't sure if the driver had died or the cable had shorted, but I was deeply saddened. I found Brian's website and after promptly responding to many of my questions, sent them in for repair.

Since I suspected it was a bad cable and didn't want to deal with the issue in the future, I had him modify them to accept a 2-pin detachable cable, similar to what Wetstone CIEM's use. One of the monitor's casing was also in a state of disrepair, so Brian had on-hand a spare that he was able to use. Just shy of two short weeks, Brian returned my beloved GR07 back to me.

The bonding compound used feels very durable and even after pushing in the 2-pin cable (requires some force), neither the port nor the monitor housing moved or deformed. I do wish the 2-pin mod allowed for an angled input so that the cord can go out and over my ear easier. I suspect its much simpler and more durable to mount this mod flush to the housing. No biggie, I was able to make that work with the encased metal wire that came with my Westone Twisted Epic 2-pin cable.

Although I had been enjoying my T2 Pro's, they still pale in comparison to my 6 year old GR07. Needless to say, Brian's work was second to none and would certainly do business again in the future. Thanks Brian!!!

IMG_20190223_223914.jpg
IMG_20190223_223821.jpg
IMG_20190223_223757.jpg
IMG_20190223_223623.jpg
IMG_20190223_223609.jpg
IMG_20190223_223542.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2019 at 8:14 AM Post #176 of 203
I had a pair of 2013 V-Sonic GR07 that had been out of service for over a year, due to the right monitor not working. I wasn't sure if the driver had died or the cable had shorted, but I was deeply saddened. I found Brian's website and after promptly responding to many of my questions, sent them in for repair.

Since I suspected it was a bad cable and didn't want to deal with the issue in the future, I had him modify them to accept a 2-pin detachable cable, similar to what Wetstone CIEM's use. One of the monitor's casing was also in a state of disrepair, so Brian had on-hand a spare that he was able to use. Just shy of two short weeks, Brian returned my beloved GR07 back to me.

The bonding compound used feels very durable and even after pushing in the 2-pin cable (requires some force), neither the port nor the monitor housing moved or deformed. I do wish the 2-pin mod allowed for an angled input so that the cord can go out and over my ear easier. I suspect its much simpler and more durable to mount this mod flush to the housing. No biggie, I was able to make that work with the encased metal wire that came with my Westone Twisted Epic 2-pin cable.

Although I had been enjoying my T2 Pro's, they still pale in comparison to my 6 year old GR07. Needless to say, Brian's work was second to none and would certainly do business again in the future. Thanks Brian!!!

My Starlight review is almost done and will be live soon. It pairs really well with the EE Bravado, in fact, I prefer the tonality and handling more than the Ares II with that IEM.

Mar 8, 2019 at 10:26 PM Post #177 of 203
I thought I lost all hope when I started searching for a local shop to do the re-cabling on my Westone 3s (the cable cracked at the connection to the headphones and started to short). No one wanted to take the job - not even for 100 bucks. I thought I would have to trash them - $$$ down the garbage chute. Lucky for me HeadFi community exists and shares everything there is about the world of headphones, which helped find out about BTG Audio. Brain helped me re-terminate the W3s into a MMCX socket and paired it with one of his Midnight cables. The job is done very well - there are minimum signs of intrusion. The cable made the headphone much more transparent. At times I may forget that I even wear them, as if I'm imagining the music in my head. Can't compare the Midnight cable to other available options, but it made me curious whether I should've went for the Starlight cable as I feel there's so much more room for development.

Thank you for your superb craftsmanship, Brian.

Mar 22, 2019 at 10:13 AM Post #179 of 203
Another plug for Brian. I had an old cable that I picked up in a trade that was for Sennheiser HD5xx/6xx series headphones and 3.5mm single end that I had no use for (it was basically a throw in). Brian modified it to 4pin mini XLR for Audeze and a 2.5mm balanced plug for a very reasonable charge. As a reminder of how small a world it really is, turns out Brian lives basically catty corner from my office building, so I was able to just drop the cable off to him on the way to work one morning. The work is top notch and you'd never know it was reterminated. E-mail response was always super quick as well, which I always appreciate. Thanks Brian!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back