Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread
Feb 14, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #736 of 862
Need some help:

Just got my Apex Glacier and it won't charge through my computer's USB port :frowning2:. I had this problem recently with my TTVJ Slim amp/dac and thought the slim had died out on me.  It appears that it may not be the case. I have four usb ports here and I can charge my iPhone on all four ports without problem. In addition, my bluetooth dongle works in every usb port.  My Glacier will power on temporarily since its not fully charged but will turn off.  Can anyone help :frowning2:?

May be the power voltage of your usb ports are too weak to charge. You can try it on another pc/laptop to see what happens.

Feb 14, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #737 of 862
May be the power voltage of your usb ports are too weak to charge. You can try it on another pc/laptop to see what happens.

Was thinking the same thing, but I was running my ttvj slim through the usb ports with no problems before when the usb ports suddenly stopped charging my slim. i think both the slim and glacier require 500mah usb out?

Feb 14, 2014 at 8:53 PM Post #738 of 862
Unfortunately, it won't charge through either the charging or data port through usb on my computer.  I just found a spare wall charger unit and plugged the usb into that and i have it charging via an outlet. so it works in that respect. Thanks for your help though :)

Also, try the reset button - that will reboot the processor which controls the power supply.

Feb 14, 2014 at 9:45 PM Post #740 of 862
Pressed the reset button a number of times, and no go :frowning2:. Going to go home and try it on my Mac and see if its my work computer that's acting up.
did you try the reset button whilst the USB cable is plugged into the charge port?

Feb 14, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #741 of 862
Managed to get it working. Turned out the Glacier's charge was too small for it to be recognized by my work computer.  So I had to charge it up using a wall charger first.  After it was fully charged, I turned it on and connected it to a USB port and the computer recognized, and installed the necessary drivers. It's been working well so far :). I hope they can add a wall charger as part of the package as if I didn't have one on hand, I wouldn't have been able to charge up the Glacier.

Feb 24, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #743 of 862
Glacier won't charge when I plug a USB cable into the charging USB port. Instead, it turns on...strange 
confused_face.gif

Feb 25, 2014 at 2:12 AM Post #745 of 862
The light does not blink white at all. Instead, the entire thing switches on (the rainbow show).

Feb 25, 2014 at 3:35 AM Post #747 of 862
When I switched it off the light doesn't flash. I think it still charges from the DAC plug, just a minor issue with the charging port.

Feb 25, 2014 at 7:29 PM Post #748 of 862
When I switched it off the light doesn't flash. I think it still charges from the DAC plug, just a minor issue with the charging port.

My Apex gets into a weird state more often than other DAC/amps I have. I've had to hit reset a couple of times to get it back to normal behaviour.

Feb 25, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #750 of 862
Really! Would it happen to all units in a long time use?

Same thing happens for mine as well. Once in a blue moon, it suddenly decides to go silent on me and I will have to reset it or unplug/plug, off/on. When it goes silent, foobar2k w/WASAPI chucks out an error message but I can't remember exactly what it said - I will have to write it down next time. That's for the DAC only. I think the amplifier part of the Glacier shouldn't ever crash.

I've been thinking of getting a separate DAC but nothing stands out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back