Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Jan 9, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #23,806 of 42,298
Quote:

Those of us who came before you want to be entertained. 
smiley_thumb.gif
 So, where's the pix?

Hmm I've been trying for the past 2 days to get the pictures up but I cant seem to get the pictures attached..Always have a message saying.. "There was a problem submitting this to the server. Please try again."
confused_face_2.gif

Anybody encountering this ??

Jan 9, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #23,807 of 42,298
Quote:
I haven't been able to sleep.  I haven't been able to eat.
The writing is on the wall.
I must part ways with my WA2.
I get the shakes just thinking about it.

I've got some spare tubes that I'll have to move as well.

All this being done in the hopes that I can swoop up a 6SE to use with my LCD2's.
The WA2 doesn't get the job done well enough, and is bested by my vintage receivers.

Everybody keeps telling me im going to regret it.
and i think they are right as right can be.
But I'll never be able to jump on a WA6SE when one pops up if I don't liquidate the 2.

So
this is goodbye
frown.gif

awww 
frown.gif

Jan 9, 2013 at 9:40 PM Post #23,808 of 42,298
Quote:
You got a nice start there.  You'll definitely have a hard time sleeping when you get your Woo.  I predict many late night sessions!

Thank you I'll probably have hard time sleeping
biggrin.gif

Quote:
I get the shakes just thinking about it.

I've got some spare tubes that I'll have to move as well.

All this being done in the hopes that I can swoop up a 6SE to use with my LCD2's.
The WA2 doesn't get the job done well enough, and is bested by my vintage receivers.

Everybody keeps telling me im going to regret it.
and i think they are right as right can be.
But I'll never be able to jump on a WA6SE when one pops up if I don't liquidate the 2.

So
this is goodbye
frown.gif

I had WA2+T1 Combo I had to sell because of personal issue
Ordered WA6SE and LCD2 from Jack for same reason you have now.
and..... There's WA22 on ebay :frowning2: Oh well....At least I just got shipping confirmation today. I know I'll be happy with WA6SE for a while.

Jan 10, 2013 at 2:01 AM Post #23,809 of 42,298

So
this is goodbye
:frowning2:

All I can say is...make sure you love your LCDs before kicking the woo2 out the door. I wanted to, tried to, pretended to, and ultimately failed to come to any kind of meaningful relationship with mine. Said good-bye and have never looked back with any hint of regret.

More like relief.

Jan 10, 2013 at 2:40 AM Post #23,810 of 42,298
Quote:

Wow! Congratulations!

Also a strange dichotomy with the 300bs hovering above the Blu-Rays. The contrast of very old technology and very new technology.

I don't just limit myself to music I also use my Headphone rig for movies. That's why I have a Smyth Realiser with PRIR's from AIX sound studio for any MC audio, like 5.1/7.1 movies. 

I got these WE 300B's NOS and they are a match set build date on both (1956 year)56/26(26th week of the year). Nos being measured at 58 these tubes are measured at 79(very strong). I got them from these guys. 

ss

Jan 10, 2013 at 2:58 AM Post #23,811 of 42,298
Hello,

I will soon be an owner of a WA6SE (it's being built, can't wait!).  This will be my first tube amp so I would appreciate for any advice for things to do (or not to do).

Just curious, has anyone used tube coolers?  I saw some from Parts Connexion, are they worth a try?

Thanks

Jan 10, 2013 at 2:58 AM Post #23,812 of 42,298
why not have both?

if I had spare cash and enough room on my desk, i certainly would!

anyways the LCD2 and the WA6SE with Sophia matches so well together, so you would have no regret once you have it.

Jan 10, 2013 at 3:32 AM Post #23,813 of 42,298
Quote:
Hello,

I will soon be an owner of a WA6SE (it's being built, can't wait!).  This will be my first tube amp so I would appreciate for any advice for things to do (or not to do).

Just curious, has anyone used tube coolers?  I saw some from Parts Connexion, are they worth a try?

Thanks

My personal opinion-- there are a lot of ways to improve the sound before worrying about tube coolers.  Tubes are designed to run at an operating temperature.  Alter that, and you might mess up the sound.  

Rather than spending money on tube coolers, I'd invest in some different tubes instead of trying to control the heat.  The WA6 and WA6SE respond well to the GZ series rectifier tube.  There are a ton of tube rolling suggestions for that amp right here at Head-Fi!

Jan 10, 2013 at 3:47 AM Post #23,814 of 42,298
Quote:
Hello,

Thanks

Congrats! The WooAudio WA 6 Special Edition (ahem...we got ours in black) was my very first vacuum tube amp as well.
beerchug.gif

Jan 10, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #23,816 of 42,298
Quote:
My personal opinion-- there are a lot of ways to improve the sound before worrying about tube coolers.  Tubes are designed to run at an operating temperature.  Alter that, and you might mess up the sound.  

Rather than spending money on tube coolers, I'd invest in some different tubes instead of trying to control the heat.  The WA6 and WA6SE respond well to the GZ series rectifier tube.  There are a ton of tube rolling suggestions for that amp right here at Head-Fi!

Great insights!  I haven't thought the coolers could adversely affect the operation temperature, and thus the SQ.  I was thinking of tube longevity.

I included the Sofia 274B in the order along with the stock rectifier.  I'll add the GZ to my list.  Let's start the tube rolling!

Mine will be in black!  Someone did prove that black sounds better than silver, yah? lol

Jan 10, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #23,817 of 42,298
My WA6SE and LCD2 just got here along with 6FD7 and Sophia 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Currently WA6SE has noticable back ground noise after 10 o'clock of volume control with all tubes. I hope it is part of burn in process...
Well so far here's another happy Woo Listener
o2smile.gif

Jan 10, 2013 at 8:05 PM Post #23,820 of 42,298
Quote:
I really like HD800 with 6FD7 and Sophia it is not harsh and has enough bass for me.
I think it would be much smoother with WA2.

Sorry Im a tube newbie..having just bought the WA2 myself... The 6FD7 are the power tubes? What kind of tubes are the Sophia's... ?

I'll be considering tube rolling soon... given how good I think the stock setup is.. I wonder if the difference will be huge if the stock tubes are changed out..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back