Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Jul 6, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #22,216 of 42,298
Has anyone received their 596 adapters from Jack Wu yet?

Jul 6, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #22,217 of 42,298
Quote:
One exception, I did not tried 596 when I had the WA6 maxxed and WA6SE.

thats what I was just about to ask.. didn't you notice any background noise with the 6FD7s with lower impedance headphones?
I was told by Jack since they are higher gain tubes they tend to be noisier than the 6EW7 and 6DE7s..

Jul 6, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #22,218 of 42,298
Quote:
Has anyone received their 596 adapters from Jack Wu yet?

I e-mailed them - they said it should be out next week.. but who knows, I ended up ordering one from Glenn (he shipped it out Thursday).

Jul 6, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #22,219 of 42,298
Quote:
I e-mailed them - they said it should be out next week.. but who knows, I ended up ordering one from Glenn (he shipped it out Thursday).

I emailed them too and said the same thing to me. They shipped some out at the end of the month but mine will be shipped at the end of next week.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Jul 6, 2012 at 6:34 PM Post #22,222 of 42,298
Quote:

If I remember correctly, Groundzero should have received his adapter either Tuesday or yesterday, as he's only one State over...

Indeed! It shipped Tuesday and I was expecting it Wednesday, but forgot that there is no post on the fourth. I came home yesterday to find it sitting on the front porch, waiting to treat my ears to a night of pleasure. Here's what everyone is waiting for:

Jul 6, 2012 at 7:01 PM Post #22,224 of 42,298
Quote:
Quote:

If I remember correctly, Groundzero should have received his adapter either Tuesday or yesterday, as he's only one State over...

Indeed! It shipped Tuesday and I was expecting it Wednesday, but forgot that there is no post on the fourth. I came home yesterday to find it sitting on the front porch, waiting to treat my ears to a night of pleasure. Here's what everyone is waiting for:

Far out, man! The rectifier actually looks as if it's trying to communicate with outer space. I especially like the detail at the bottom: 596>5U4G. As happy as I am for you, Groundzero, I'm more relieved that memory is fine. 
rolleyes.gif

Jul 6, 2012 at 7:40 PM Post #22,226 of 42,298
Quote:

Oh that looks awesome, Woo came through with the craftsmanship.

Jul 6, 2012 at 9:03 PM Post #22,227 of 42,298
Quote:
thats what I was just about to ask.. didn't you notice any background noise with the 6FD7s with lower impedance headphones?
I was told by Jack since they are higher gain tubes they tend to be noisier than the 6EW7 and 6DE7s..

No, I did not noticed anymore background noise than 6EW7 when I used it with DX1000 and D7000.  Not sure it is the parts upgrade or not but I did not tried them on the WA6SE.  Woosie will kill me for this, I sold the WA6SE in not time (about a week in my house) when I had the DNA Sonett at the same time.  With the GZ34 and 6H30P-DR, it is perfect match for HD800.  Almost at the same level as my WA22 with GEC 6AS7G, TS 6SN7 BGRP, and EML 5U4G.  Kicking my self now for selling it.  
mad.gif

Jul 6, 2012 at 9:09 PM Post #22,229 of 42,298
Jul 6, 2012 at 9:12 PM Post #22,230 of 42,298
Well my WA6-SE with a Sophia princess arrived two days ago, purchased from a Hifi head member with 75 hours on the unit all up, so it looks just like new. First impression is the size followed by the build quality of the unit and the feel is just great, very happy.
I have to over headphone amps here to compare it two which are a Stax SRM-1/MK2 Professional and a La Figaro 339, now i am just comparing to the 339 at this stage what i found was the difference first thing, a power on & off switch at the front unit no more having to lean over hot tubes to turn a unit off. The unit surprisingly runs quite cool to the 339, even after been on for 6 hours plus.
Now to the sound well i am impressed at the amount of detail i can here put what i love the most is the smoothness of the sound there does not seem to be any one frequency that jumps out at you it all just blends in. One of the Cd's that i could just not listen to on the 399 was a Diana Krall the look of love, as on certain songs the vocal at the top would all most jump a frequency and appear harsh to my ears, but on this WA6-SE it is smooth across the frequency range like the sound of smooth warm honey, on a David Sylvian Cd sleepwalkers some of the tracks 1 to 4 have taken on a new life where before i would pass them by, the detail is just like a full body red wine that has reached it's full age and reviled all it has to offer.

So this is just a brief listen of 2 days and the things i have found, what i can say as i only have room for two sets of headphone amps, so the WA6-SE and the Stax are the keepers it is time to move on from the LaFigaro amps it has been nice but the time has come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back