Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
May 17, 2012 at 8:18 PM Post #21,091 of 42,298
Quote:
WA-22 stood the test of time very well and very flexible. There are not many amps can surpass this one (moded) for the money. Maybe Liquid Fire +LCD-3...sometimes

Welcome back good sir.
smile.gif

BTW, listening to my LF+LCD-3s right now (and my newly arrived matched quad of Siemens E88CCs) and as much as I enjoyed/loved my WA22, I'm hearing things that I never thought possible with my LCD-3s.

May 17, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #21,092 of 42,298
Quote:

Welcome back good sir.
smile.gif

BTW, listening to my LF+LCD-3s right now (and my newly arrived matched quad of Siemens E88CCs) and as much as I enjoyed/loved my WA22, I'm hearing things that I never thought possible with my LCD-3s.

I do not see this, I do not see this, I do not see this, I do not see this, I do not see this,

Please make it go away...
frown.gif

May 17, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #21,093 of 42,298
Quote:

I do not see this, I do not see this, I do not see this, I do not see this, I do not see this,

frown.gif

Sorry.
smile.gif

But rest assured that the WA22 is still one very impressive amp!

May 17, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #21,094 of 42,298
Quote:
Welcome back, it was your WA22 that originally inspired me to get both the second balanced input and the balanced preamp output on mine.

It is a honor
Quote:
Welcome back Seamaster. Your reviews back then are what convinced me to get a WA22.

Can you remind us all what Dan did to your WA22?

It has been long time, you have to find that thread, every step is listed on there
Quote:

Welcome back good sir.
smile.gif

Thanks, you and I have very similar sonic taste.
Quote:

frown.gif

Too late, it stuck in your head for good I bet.

But I managed to quit Head-Fi for almost two years, bad ass hun?

May 17, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #21,095 of 42,298
Quote:
It is a honor
It has been long time, you have to find that thread, every step is listed on there

By chance, did the staff tell you that you were the very first audiophile in recovery at The Betty Ford Clinic? 
biggrin.gif

May 17, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #21,097 of 42,298
What a pleasant suprise!  We have never met even on this site, but I want to thank you for your tube rolling thread with WA22 driving HD650.  I read it from begining to the end many times.  I own WA22, HD650 and many 6F8Gs because of your thread.  I always recommend people to read that when they have questions about WA22 or HD650. 

After tomorrow I will loss  my Woo membership as I will ship my WA22 (with preamp out, influence from the Master) to its new owner.  I love this thread, the most fun on head-fi.   
Quote:
WA-22 stood the test of time very well and very flexible. There are not many amps can surpass this one (moded) for the money. Maybe Liquid Fire +LCD-3...sometimes

May 17, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #21,098 of 42,298
Quote:
What a pleasant suprise!  We have never met even on this site, but I want to thank you for your tube rolling thread with WA22 driving HD650.  I read it from begining to the end many times.  I own WA22, HD650 and many 6F8Gs because of your thread.  I always recommend people to read that when they have questions about WA22 or HD650. 

After tomorrow I will loss  my Woo membership as I will ship my WA22 (with preamp out, influence from the Master) to its new owner.  I love this thread, the most fun on head-fi.   

what did you end up switching to cacatalysis?

May 17, 2012 at 10:58 PM Post #21,099 of 42,298
It is a honor

It is, I have been toying the idea to sell both wa22 and beta22 with LCD-2 to get LF and LCD-3 but finally decided not to.

May 17, 2012 at 11:50 PM Post #21,102 of 42,298
Nice setup D8!  We've got very similar gear!  Yours is so nice and dust free though
smile.gif

Quote:
Alright, I found another screw driver that played better with the aforementioned screw and managed to get the plug out.

Here's an unboxing album I made: http://www.head-fi.org/gallery/album/view/id/650018/user_id/123792

May 17, 2012 at 11:52 PM Post #21,103 of 42,298
Yes welcome back.  I spent many hours reading about your tube trials with the WA22!  Probably saved me a few bucks ... well ... those got spent on other gear ...
Quote:
I still enjoy my WA-22 SE every much, well with my stolen LCD-2
beerchug.gif

May 18, 2012 at 12:04 AM Post #21,104 of 42,298
What driver tubes did you end up using?

Also, thanks!  I assure you the dust is there; the camera just hid it.

-Edit-

I just looked at your profile because I'm nosy like that... Is the office you're referring to a home office?  If not, what do your coworkers think of the WA22?  I've gotten reactions from my Fostex HP-P1 combo at school before, so I can't even begin to imagine what a full-blown tube amp comes across as to some.

May 18, 2012 at 12:35 AM Post #21,105 of 42,298
Quote:
Yes welcome back.  I spent many hours reading about your tube trials with the WA22!  Probably saved me a few bucks ... well ... those got spent on other gear ...

At your service sir.
Quote:
What driver tubes did you end up using?

Also, thanks!  I assure you the dust is there; the camera just hid it.

-Edit-

I just looked at your profile because I'm nosy like that... Is the office you're referring to a home office?  If not, what do your coworkers think of the WA22?  I've gotten reactions from my Fostex HP-P1 combo at school before, so I can't even begin to imagine what a full-blown tube amp comes across as to some.

I still have NU 6F8Gs on there. Sorry, I don't let other people even put finger print on my main gears.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back