Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
May 14, 2012 at 3:30 PM Post #21,001 of 42,298
Woah woah what?

Also, I'd like to end up with a full tube analog set up as well. Vinyl has always been a more 'musical' format for me and I consider tubes in that category as well (of course there are more analytical tubes too). If you're going for the most engaging musical sound you can get and not necessarily the most precise, I'd go tubes all the way. 

It's a lot of fun.

Quote:
Tube TT rig? Do tell
popcorn.gif

I will be inserting a tube stage in between a phono and its SS preamp soon, maybe another one between the preamp and the headamp perhaps, or perhaps the circuit will go through a HTR first.
With the WA22 going through its transformation into a preamp and the resulting system consolidation I have a couple of tube stages to play around with. Also I re-located my TT as I have a vintage Technics SL1200 Mk2 incoming for my Woo rig (matching silver!).

May 14, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #21,002 of 42,298
A little headphone break. Listening to some weird Buchla 100 music from the 1960's through my genelec's. This is a very nice preamp too!

http://archive.org/details/JNN042-HMGS-MynameisMariettaCashman

So I guess I got to cough up the dough for the Sylnania 7236 but at the moment I find it hard to improve upon this!!!

May 14, 2012 at 6:01 PM Post #21,005 of 42,298
Quote:
--deleted--

I apologize for the note.

Again, I think you meant well. And I meant simply to encourage sensitivity when posting. Hope my intent was not misconstrued. There was certainly no need to delete the post, as you're still seeking adapters. In my view, you could have easily edited your post since there's no need to bring his health status in to the matter. Hopefully, others reading your post can reply with the info you seek.

In fact, a number of us are seeking adapters. So, if you find a source, please share.

Kind regards,

Silent One

May 14, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #21,006 of 42,298
To those following this outstanding thread - WAAOU:

It's quite possible I may have overreacted in making a point. Have since sent stevekwc a follow-up PM to clear things up. Now, where's that fast moving momentum this thread is notorious for?

May 14, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #21,007 of 42,298
Woah woah what?

Also, I'd like to end up with a full tube analog set up as well. Vinyl has always been a more 'musical' format for me and I consider tubes in that category as well (of course there are more analytical tubes too). If you're going for the most engaging musical sound you can get and not necessarily the most precise, I'd go tubes all the way. 

It's a lot of fun.

I like a bit of solid-state in the chain, for me it keeps the sound from meandering into full-blown, uncontrolled euphonia; keeps the sound on-track and in-balance.

So to speak :D

May 14, 2012 at 6:54 PM Post #21,009 of 42,298
What was that WA22 preamp nonsense? Want.

Woo Audio is doing it, they are adding a set of balanced outputs and a switch on the back plus a load plug for the TRS out to keep the transformer busy when in pre mode.

May 14, 2012 at 7:19 PM Post #21,011 of 42,298
Quote:
I like a bit of solid-state in the chain, for me it keeps the sound from meandering into full-blown, uncontrolled euphonia; keeps the sound on-track and in-balance.
So to speak
biggrin.gif

I really like the whole meandering thing illustrated above. 
rolleyes.gif

May 14, 2012 at 7:26 PM Post #21,012 of 42,298
Quote:
What was that WA22 preamp nonsense? Want.

I have a one-year old WA22 (shipped on April 12, 2011) in excellent condition with a preamp XLR out installed by Jack when I ordered the amp.  The amp is available for sale if you are interested.  Please e-mail me if you want more information.  I also have the original box.  Other than the stock tubes, I also have some of the best tubes for WA22.   

May 14, 2012 at 7:46 PM Post #21,013 of 42,298
Woo charges $400 plus shipping for the upgrade, it will be the same as cacatalysis' in this respect.

May 14, 2012 at 8:25 PM Post #21,015 of 42,298
Jack's pretty flexible, mine was modded in the past to substitute a second set of XLR balanced inputs in place of the RCA SE inputs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back