Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
May 8, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #20,896 of 42,298
Quote:
^ Nice 6SE glowpics, Earrat
smile.gif

Going for the balanced preamp output finally.

I'm curious who is adding the pre-amp to your WA22?  I would love to get pre-amp added to my WA22.

May 8, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #20,897 of 42,298
^ Nice 6SE glowpics, Earrat :smile:

Going for the balanced preamp output finally.

I'm curious who is adding the pre-amp to your WA22?  I would love to get pre-amp added to my WA22.

Woo Audio is doing it, $400 + shipping for a set of balanced outputs and a switch on the back plus a load plug for the TRS out.

May 8, 2012 at 8:21 PM Post #20,900 of 42,298
I think that it has more to do with keeping a load on the transformers without having to have a headphone plugged in. It is to be used when in preamp mode, which is controlled by the switch on the back.

May 9, 2012 at 4:17 AM Post #20,902 of 42,298
Yeah I can't believe that you were running the exact same setup already independent of the source, with the exception that I had one additional mod performed already, the changing of the SE for a second balanced input on my WA22. But it was your confirmation that all three components ran in synergy that finally pushed me to actually get it done.

Here I thought I was being a bit original with my HE-6 :p

I have a feeling that the end game is truly in sight for me, with the exception of tweaks here and there and the never-ending quest for a better turntable.

Well maybe adding a WEE to the speaker amp if I can ever locate an HE Audio Jade when I actually have the funds someday, that would really be it.

No, really. :xf_eek:

May 9, 2012 at 6:56 AM Post #20,903 of 42,298
I think one more upgrade to do with WA22 is to ask Gleen (have not seen him here for quite a while) to change the caps, like JC's WA22 (I believe JC bought his WA22 from Daneil already upgraded).  I hear Hifiman (He audio) is working hard on an electrostatic phone to beat/compete with 009, so you may get something much better than Jade.  With WA22 as a pre-amp, I bet a used stax 007t or 717/727 will do great with 007/009.  My current stax set up uses a phoenix as amp to drive an 007tII for an MK 1.  Many in Asia and Europe use pre-amp/stax amp and report great results for 007/009.   

May 9, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #20,905 of 42,298
Quote:
I think one more upgrade to do with WA22 is to ask Glenn (have not seen him here for quite a while) to change the caps, like JC's WA22 (I believe JC bought his WA22 from Daneil already upgraded).  I hear Hifiman (He audio) is working hard on an electrostatic phone to beat/compete with 009, so you may get something much better than Jade.  With WA22 as a pre-amp, I bet a used stax 007t or 717/727 will do great with 007/009.  My current stax set up uses a phoenix as amp to drive an 007tII for an MK 1.  Many in Asia and Europe use pre-amp/stax amp and report great results for 007/009.   

He's away addressing essential matters. I did hear from him this morning and he says "Hello" to fellow members and friends. He loves audio as much we do and looks forward to his return.

May 9, 2012 at 7:32 PM Post #20,906 of 42,298
It's here.

It's BIG.

Seriously, I KNEW it was big, but even after seeing all the pics, with relative scale objects, looking over the dimensions, even when carrying the boxes (!!!!! heavy @$&^%!!!) upstairs, you just can't get a sense for just how big it is without seeing one.

It's BEAUTIFUL
(pardon the camera grain, crap iphone, as well I had just wiped it down with computer wipes and it hadn't fully dried, so it looks smudged in these pics, light and camera noise don't help at all)

It's (out of focus) plugged in and playing right now some of my favorite tunes, hooked to my NAD M51 and Mac mini. I will save impressions and comparisons for later, but this IS an amp with an up front "wow" factor.

I'm exhausted from the transport and assembly, so I'm going to chill right here next to my rig and see what it has to say.
cool.gif

May 9, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #20,907 of 42,298
Awesome pics..! Always enjoy unboxings. Congrats obzilla 
beerchug.gif

May 9, 2012 at 8:30 PM Post #20,910 of 42,298
Quote:
It's here.

It's BIG.

Seriously, I KNEW it was big, but even after seeing all the pics, with relative scale objects, looking over the dimensions, even when carrying the boxes (!!!!! heavy @$&^%!!!) upstairs, you just can't get a sense for just how big it is without seeing one.

It's BEAUTIFUL
(pardon the camera grain, crap iphone, as well I had just wiped it down with computer wipes and it hadn't fully dried, so it looks smudged in these pics, light and camera noise don't help at all)

It's (out of focus) plugged in and playing right now some of my favorite tunes, hooked to my NAD M51 and Mac mini. I will save impressions and comparisons for later, but this IS an amp with an up front "wow" factor.

I'm exhausted from the transport and assembly, so I'm going to chill right here next to my rig and see what it has to say.
cool.gif

Simply a beautiful work of art (as are most Woo amps). Glad that it finally arrived safe and sound. Looking forward to your impressions Sean!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back