Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
May 7, 2012 at 4:24 AM Post #20,851 of 42,298
Quote:
Have Cacatalysis' nice pair of GZ34 black base GZ34 in the WA5 now, wish I could tell everyone how they sounded but have a horrid ear infection which makes everything sound like its underwater :frowning2:

frown.gif
 aww, i agree, i hate that feeling  when i'm sick, music doesn't sound as good. its kinda like when i'm having really bad comedowns, music just sounds muffled and dull and plasticky 

May 7, 2012 at 5:39 AM Post #20,852 of 42,298
Quote:
hahaha...its because i have a  blue color laptop fan and a Ducky 9008 Shining a blue LED...

impressions are coming soon need time to burn in all my stuffs..hehe anyways the Stello DA220 and U3 are amazing though a really good pairing with the WA6SE...

Thx for your nice comment...

What rectifier tube are you using with your SE keph? really like the glow 
wink.gif

May 7, 2012 at 7:39 AM Post #20,853 of 42,298
Quote:

What rectifier tube are you using with your SE keph? really like the glow 
wink.gif

It's the Full Music 274B Balloon type glass... It glows like Shopia...

Sounds fantastic too if the Tung-Sol 5U4G is too warm for some musics i swapped it to the Full Music great sound stage...

May 7, 2012 at 12:44 PM Post #20,854 of 42,298
Quote:
Have Cacatalysis' nice pair of GZ34 black base GZ34 in the WA5 now, wish I could tell everyone how they sounded but have a horrid ear infection which makes everything sound like its underwater :frowning2:

Also a pair of Mullard ECC32 on the way, after Davidoo's posts I had to repurchase these guys - got a pair of platinum glass through the bay, I couldn't stomach tube-worlds prices or attitude over email. Cross fingers they sound good and the hearing clears up and Ill post impressions with GZ34, ECC32, Takatsuki 300B. Should be a killer combo!

Congrats to those here who have recently purchased some 596, I know a few have been bought just recently!

wink.gif

May 7, 2012 at 12:47 PM Post #20,855 of 42,298
Quote:

frown.gif
 aww, i agree, i hate that feeling  when i'm sick, music doesn't sound as good. its kinda like when i'm having really bad comedowns, music just sounds muffled and dull and plasticky 

It's even worse with the arrival of something new... highly anticipated... only to sound worthless.
ph34r.gif

May 7, 2012 at 1:32 PM Post #20,856 of 42,298
Hey Wooligans.  Um, so I just had a holy-crap moment. I turned on my WA22 (after swapping my rectifier) and saw a SPARK arc from one of my power tubes down to the volume knob (I think). Hard to tell but it was a good 7-9 inches long!!  I turned it off within a half a second and just stared at everything for a while. I did not smell anything or see any smoke and I could not detect any visible damage at all. I already knew everything was set properly in the sockets... so I turned it on again without my headphones plugged in.   No spark.    It seems fine now... and it sounds fine. So... what the hell??  It IS very dry here in New Mexico... was it static??  I did not enjoy that.

any advice or ideas?

thanks
Chris

May 7, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #20,857 of 42,298
Quote:
Hey Wooligans.  Um, so I just had a holy-crap moment. I turned on my WA22 (after swapping my rectifier) and saw a SPARK arc from one of my power tubes down to the volume knob (I think). Hard to tell but it was a good 7-9 inches long!!  I turned it off within a half a second and just stared at everything for a while. I did not smell anything or see any smoke and I could not detect any visible damage at all. I already knew everything was set properly in the sockets... so I turned it on again without my headphones plugged in.   No spark.    It seems fine now... and it sounds fine. So... what the hell??  It IS very dry here in New Mexico... was it static??  I did not enjoy that.

any advice or ideas?

thanks
Chris

wow... thats scary, it would have taken me a day and some disassembly to get the balls to turn it on again. Hope everything is fine.

May 7, 2012 at 1:47 PM Post #20,859 of 42,298
Quote:

any advice or ideas?

thanks
Chris

Sorry to hear about your experience. No ideas at the moment. Previously, some here scoffed at Jack Wu's advice to never leave your Woo turned-on unattended. Though that wasn't your case, it shows the unexpected can happen.

May 7, 2012 at 3:34 PM Post #20,860 of 42,298

any advice or ideas?
thanks
Chris

Holy. I thunk we've all had our omg woo moments but none as extreme as sparks. Maybe Javk can answer your question.

May 7, 2012 at 5:44 PM Post #20,861 of 42,298
Any DIY people in DFW? I want to change capacitors, but I do not trust myself. 

May 7, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #20,862 of 42,298
Quote:
It's the Full Music 274B Balloon type glass... It glows like Shopia...

Does it sound like the Sophia as well?

Quote:
Quote:

frown.gif

I haven't had a real cold or worse since I read about what emergency/combat physicians do to prevent illness, since they can't afford to get sick. On the first onset of symptoms, five packets (5,000 iu) of Emergen-C, then two to three packets every hour until the symptoms subside. I do this ASAP if I get a sore throat (cold) or body aches (flu) and it never goes past that, just away.

Quote:

any advice or ideas?

thanks
Chris

Sounds like you had a Tesla moment, kinda cool as long as nobody got hurt. Did the date on the calendar change?
eek.gif

wink_face.gif

biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back