Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
May 4, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #20,791 of 42,298
Quote:
is the Full music 274B the OEM for the Sophia Princess???

I don't think so. Aren't the Full Music tubes made in China? The Sophia Princess is made in Bulgaria.

I'm not sure if the Full Music tubes are compatible with Woo amps though.

May 4, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #20,792 of 42,298
Pics of Wiwi Tube Store in Hong Kong...TUBE HEAVEN a must go place if you happen to be in Hong Kong... I've never been to a place where it's as organized as this... It's just amazing...

Enjoy...

My humble setup for now until monday...

May 4, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #20,793 of 42,298
Quote:

I don't think so. Aren't the Full Music tubes made in China? The Sophia Princess is made in Bulgaria.

I'm not sure if the Full Music tubes are compatible with Woo amps though.

yup its made in China...but ive seen post in this thread saying that Sophia Princess is just the rebranded Full Music... Just like Tung-sol with WE...

Im now using the Full Music's 274B and i love it...

May 4, 2012 at 11:50 PM Post #20,795 of 42,298
The fullmusic and sophia are the same tube was my understanding, fullmusic is the actual manufacturer.  It's the same for the 6SN7 and 300B tubes.  Just make sure you don't have the n+ version which draws 4 amps of heater current.  Those ones are unsafe for Woo amps.

May 5, 2012 at 12:05 AM Post #20,796 of 42,298
Quote:
Pics of Wiwi Tube Store in Hong Kong...TUBE HEAVEN a must go place if you happen to be in Hong Kong... I've never been to a place where it's as organized as this... It's just amazing...

Enjoy...

That looks awesome..!

May 5, 2012 at 1:13 AM Post #20,798 of 42,298
Quote:
Bah, I don't recall that :frowning2:

I was pretty darn out of it when I ordered, though.

That's why I haven't pulled the trigger on the WA2 or 22... waiting a minimum of 4 weeks isn't going to happen.

May 5, 2012 at 2:30 AM Post #20,799 of 42,298
Quote:

That looks awesome..!

I love to spend the night there...
biggrin.gif

May 5, 2012 at 2:31 AM Post #20,800 of 42,298
Quote:
The fullmusic and sophia are the same tube was my understanding, fullmusic is the actual manufacturer.  It's the same for the 6SN7 and 300B tubes.  Just make sure you don't have the n+ version which draws 4 amps of heater current.  Those ones are unsafe for Woo amps.

I was about to get the N+ version but i did not because of seeing the spec that it is 4amp version...looks good though

May 5, 2012 at 3:04 AM Post #20,801 of 42,298
Quote:

Enjoy...

That made for a nice virtual browse. Of course, in real time and dimension, they'd have to serve tea to keep me shopping. 
wink_face.gif

May 5, 2012 at 4:54 AM Post #20,802 of 42,298
guys need help here..

choose one of these tubes with more mids and lows to it..

RCA 6EW7 small bottle or Sylvania 6EW7 big bottle??

my stock tubes are the Sylvania 6EW7 i dont know if its the big or small bottle (its the Big/Fat bottle imo) you guys can help me see in the above picture and tell me..THX

and has anyone tried the Philco 6FD7 ??? how are they?? i heard that 6FD7 are good for LCDs and HE series headphone??

im getting them from Wiwi Tubes.

May 5, 2012 at 6:20 AM Post #20,803 of 42,298
Quote:
guys need help here..

choose one of these tubes with more mids and lows to it..

RCA 6EW7 small bottle or Sylvania 6EW7 big bottle??

my stock tubes are the Sylvania 6EW7 i dont know if its the big or small bottle (its the Big/Fat bottle imo) you guys can help me see in the above picture and tell me..THX

and has anyone tried the Philco 6FD7 ??? how are they?? i heard that 6FD7 are good for LCDs and HE series headphone??

im getting them from Wiwi Tubes.

I thought the lows were more emphasized on the 6FD7s I've tried (haven't tried philco, think the ones I have are Westinghouse), the 6EW7s I've tried were more neutral (RCA and GE).. Mids were pretty similar to my ears.

May 5, 2012 at 7:03 AM Post #20,804 of 42,298
Quote:

I was looking in to another amp the other day using Fullmusic 2A3s and I was immediately reminded of sophia's. I'd totally believe that an OEM arrangement could exist. I'd imagine getting into the manufacturing side of an niche technology would be costly if you weren't already in on it. I figure the machinery used to make valves probably doesn't exist as 'off the shelf' box solutions (as it were). If someone wanted new gear, you'd probably have to have a engineering firm scratch build you the equipment. Even Sophia's site emphasises a   'research orientated' company. So they're using someone somewhere for the legwork.

If it helps anyone, Fullmusic have some pics.
http://www.tube-fullmusic.com/products/en-product.htm
If you're cynical, OEMing is just rebadging. In the short time I've been using tubes, I've read a lot about how some will chase down a particularly type with the knowledge it's brand X by any other name. ODMs are interesting too http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Original_design_manufacturer

May 5, 2012 at 7:18 AM Post #20,805 of 42,298
Some how imo Sophia Princess is a rebranded Full Music...this is just my opinion and from what i see internals all the same (by the looks)...pls Sophia users dont attack me its just my opinion...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back