Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Apr 30, 2012 at 2:10 PM Post #20,716 of 42,298

Quote:
Well, my little Woo 3 is out of timeout.  She has been brought to the office.  Since she has that static/hum, she is no longer good enough for home use.  But, since my office is loud with hums of its own, she is fine for office use.  Plus, I no longer feel ashamed to use the lineout on my laptop in fear of background noise.  It's a competent little office rig and will serve me well when things get loud or stressful. 

I could not help but feel for her. I'm ecstatic about her new beginnings...

Apr 30, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #20,717 of 42,298
...Yes, the feather-light, airy and decay trailing deep into the background vocals of Astrud Gilberto. 
tongue_smile.gif

Just returned from the airport run at the end of a family visit. Time to decompress with a quiet espresso, and Astrud's man João with his buddies Herbie and Antonio. Alas, I've lent the wootwo to a local Headfier to try out with his T1 in an effort to spread the joy. So, it's coming straight out of the DX.

Still, it's lovely, peaceful and relaxing.

Apr 30, 2012 at 3:03 PM Post #20,718 of 42,298

Quote:

take a look at this dac cable, I have one in the office and love it.

http://www.headstage.com/USB-DAC-Cable:::1010.html?XTCsid=0d2c009bbaf04d674404789590bb493a

I may look at that.  Seems like a good price.  I'm content for now using the line out, but I may add that little dac in the future.

Quote:
Have you isolated the hum to your woo? I only ask because 1) I can't keep up with this most prodigious of threads and haven't been reading every page, and 2) I had background hum from my source which was painfully obvious on my woo but unnoticeable at listening levels on a hybrid amp.

I have not isolated the hum.  I've tried it on different outlets and in different buildings.  I've tried every tube I own.  The sound is exactly the same.  Someday, I may send it in for repair.  But, for now, since my office is very loud, I cannot hear this hiss because it is completely drowned out.  I'm content for now.

Apr 30, 2012 at 3:04 PM Post #20,719 of 42,298
She has brought me musical enjoyment as well as starting many pleasant conversations this morning.  Several coworkers got an audition and finally heard music "as it should be."
Quote:

I could not help but feel for her. I'm ecstatic about her new beginnings...

Apr 30, 2012 at 3:07 PM Post #20,720 of 42,298

Quote:
Just returned from the airport run at the end of a family visit. Time to decompress with a quiet espresso, and Astrud's man João with his buddies Herbie and Antonio. Alas, I've lent the wootwo to a local Headfier to try out with his T1 in an effort to spread the joy. So, it's coming straight out of the DX.
Still, it's lovely, peaceful and relaxing.

smiley_thumb.gif
 Wise decision on both counts - to share; music selection.

Apr 30, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #20,722 of 42,298
Apr 30, 2012 at 7:55 PM Post #20,723 of 42,298
Well gentlemen (and ladies), I shipped off my WA22 to its new owner today. Kinda sad to see this great amp go. It's served me very well for the past year. On a brighter note, my LF is due mid-week.

Apr 30, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #20,724 of 42,298

Quote:
Well gentlemen (and ladies), I shipped off my WA22 to its new owner today. Kinda sad to see this great amp go. It's served me very well for the past year. On a brighter note, my LF is due mid-week.

Wow. No amp! I would have made the guy wait a couple days
biggrin.gif

Apr 30, 2012 at 8:31 PM Post #20,725 of 42,298

Quote:

Wow. No amp! I would have made the guy wait a couple days
biggrin.gif

I've got my GS-1 w/DACT attenuator right here beside me. It drives all of my cans incredibly well...from my LCD-3s to my Westone 4s (and everything else in between).
smile.gif

Apr 30, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #20,726 of 42,298

Quote:

I've got my GS-1 w/DACT attenuator right here beside me. It drives all of my cans incredibly well...from my LCD-3s to my Westone 4s (and everything else in between).
smile.gif

but but, it does not have the tube glow.

Apr 30, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #20,728 of 42,298
Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out.

By the way, how long have you been down here in AZ? I have been in a bunch of the Ibasso threads and don't remember you living down here. Just curious.

Quote:
You can get a plastic piece with a guide pin that slips over the 8 pins. They have been around for a long time as the guide pin isn't all that had to break. I have a GZ34 metal base I picked up for 20 dollars, some time back. but for that I just made a mark on the base for the correct orientation. No big deal really. 

Apr 30, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #20,729 of 42,298
Apr 30, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #20,730 of 42,298
So silent one, what's the verdict on now having maple isolation across the board now that it has been a few days?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back