Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Apr 28, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #20,690 of 42,298
Apr 28, 2012 at 9:05 PM Post #20,691 of 42,298

Quote:
MH, have you had a chance to compare your silver dragon v3 to any other cables? I am using it for my balanced headphone cable, and also had XLR interconnects made using the same cable. The only direct comparison I have been able to do so far has been comparing to Jenna Labs ultrawire.

I found the silver dragon 3 to sound much precise with better resolution and a more lively and involving sound in general. The Jenna Labs cable sounded a little loose, muddy, and unfocused in comparison. I'm curious how it stacks up in general with other options if you have been through more cables than I have.

I've heard the old Canare stock LCD-2 cable, the new ADZ cable, the Q Audio and Blue Dragon cables....I'm sticking with the Silver Dragon.
wink.gif
Just works very well with my LCD-3s.

Quote:
I'm sure glad to have my WA22 and recliner to keep me company through about 120 pages of Law reading this weekend...
L3000.gif

If you're interested in any tubes for that great amp....I've got a bunch for sale.

Apr 28, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #20,692 of 42,298
PM sent for your Sophia Princess 274B

Quote:

I've heard the old Canare stock LCD-2 cable, the new ADZ cable, the Q Audio and Blue Dragon cables....I'm sticking with the Silver Dragon.
wink.gif
Just works very well with my LCD-3s.

If you're interested in any tubes for that great amp....I've got a bunch for sale.

Apr 28, 2012 at 10:43 PM Post #20,696 of 42,298
+1 but sub in freshly squeezed lemonade hehe
tongue_smile.gif

Quote:
Feeling a bit fancy tonight,in session with WA22 with LCD-2 and drinking champagne and strawberry.
biggrin.gif

Apr 29, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #20,698 of 42,298
I just broke my Mullard GZ34 rectifier within two weeks of having it. Seemed like it was lined up like every other time, but when pushing it in the middle black plastic piece snapped off and got stuck in the WA22. Luckily it pulled right out and the amp seems fine. It hurts being such a newbie to tubes. Wonder how many a head-fi'er have done that before...

I guess good timing that I bought MH's Princess 274B tonight at least.

Apr 29, 2012 at 1:09 AM Post #20,699 of 42,298
You didn't hurt the tube, the center piece is just a guide post to ensure the tube is inserted correctly.  Tube bases are old and can be brittle.  The correct pins need to be in their respective socket positions.  The tube is perfectly usable with the guide pin broken, it's just part of a plastic base glued onto the glass, but you need to be extra careful from now on to make sure you are inserting it with the correct pin alignment.

Apr 29, 2012 at 1:13 AM Post #20,700 of 42,298
Good to know, thank you for sharing. How can I tell if the sockets are aligned right. Is there only one orientation for which they can be aligned with sockets? Haven't paid attention since I always focused on the guide post.

Quote:
You didn't hurt the tube, the center piece is just a guide post to ensure the tube is inserted correctly.  Tube bases are old and can be brittle.  The correct pins need to be in their respective socket positions.  The tube is perfectly usable with the guide pin broken, it's just part of a plastic base glued onto the glass, but you need to be extra careful from now on to make sure you are inserting it with the correct pin alignment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back