Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Mar 13, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #19,606 of 42,298

Quote:
This is great... as is your enthusiasm! This thread can use a freshening up with more pix. Although, it is unclear how your event tomorrow made it onto my iPhone. 
blink.gif
 The magic of Woo, I suppose...

Yes, simple the magic of Woo. 
biggrin.gif

Mar 13, 2012 at 6:23 PM Post #19,607 of 42,298
SilentOne, 

By the way, thank you for your new years message, I didn't read it until some time later. Please PM me your address for your cd, no need to pay me. 

So coming back to Head-fi has one downfall, reading about all this gear....now I'm wondering about what I need to spend my money on next.. Funny how I didn't think about this when I took a break from this site for a few months. 

6GL7 + tube adaptors..can be a nice upgrade. I am happy with my dac (apogee duet) and my headphones (akg 702).. 

Do I really need to spend on a new dac or cans?? Am I missing out?

Mar 13, 2012 at 7:00 PM Post #19,608 of 42,298

Quote:
SilentOne, 

By the way, thank you for your new years message, I didn't read it until some time later. Please PM me your address for your cd, no need to pay me. 

So coming back to Head-fi has one downfall, reading about all this gear....now I'm wondering about what I need to spend my money on next.. Funny how I didn't think about this when I took a break from this site for a few months. 

6GL7 + tube adaptors..can be a nice upgrade. I am happy with my dac (apogee duet) and my headphones (akg 702).. 

Do I really need to spend on a new dac or cans?? Am I missing out?

eek.gif
 The answers to those questions can easily be found in one's Checking/Savings Account... if they haven't been cleared out already! And if you pay attention to how many posts have been made since your last one, you're in for a shock! 

Thanks kindly for your generous offer. My PM will be sent with gratitude. 
beerchug.gif

Mar 13, 2012 at 7:54 PM Post #19,609 of 42,298
Mar 13, 2012 at 9:26 PM Post #19,610 of 42,298
I"ve just my my Woo WA2 last week.... got some upgraded tubes, but using the stock ones at the moment.... black in colour..... after a couple of days is sounding very nice indeed.... I'm using it mostly as a pre-amp, MDac, and NA7004 network player feeding FLAC music..... the sound is both detailed and warm, with the Mdac providing a large dynamic range, including bottom end.... I'm very, very happy with the set up ... only one week old and less then 50 hours on the woo ..... 

for cans I have a HD650 with Moon audio silver cables... very nice, but I'm mostly listening through my speakers (monitor audio RX8).... nice bit of kit .... 

Mar 13, 2012 at 9:48 PM Post #19,611 of 42,298

Quote:
I"ve just my my Woo WA2 last week.... got some upgraded tubes, but using the stock ones at the moment.... black in colour..... after a couple of days is sounding very nice indeed.... I'm using it mostly as a pre-amp, MDac, and NA7004 network player feeding FLAC music..... the sound is both detailed and warm, with the Mdac providing a large dynamic range, including bottom end.... I'm very, very happy with the set up ... only one week old and less then 50 hours on the woo ..... 

for cans I have a HD650 with Moon audio silver cables... very nice, but I'm mostly listening through my speakers (monitor audio RX8).... nice bit of kit .... 

I am also using my WA2 as a preamp for my speaker system. It is detailed and has that magic sound--it puts the life back into recorded music. The power amp is a Decware Taboo and the speakers are Zu Audio Standard Omens. I love using my WA2 as a preamp.

Mar 13, 2012 at 10:28 PM Post #19,612 of 42,298

Quote:

I am also using my WA2 as a preamp for my speaker system. It is detailed and has that magic sound--it puts the life back into recorded music. The power amp is a Decware Taboo and the speakers are Zu Audio Standard Omens. I love using my WA2 as a preamp.

+1

Mar 13, 2012 at 10:44 PM Post #19,613 of 42,298
the Taboo will drive speakers?
i did not know that.

yeah i love the wa2 preamp through my pioneer.
not as much through the marantz though

Mar 13, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #19,614 of 42,298

Quote:

Awesome congtats, I may want to use the WA2 as a preamp one of these days (when I can afford another Woo) haha.

Mar 13, 2012 at 11:53 PM Post #19,615 of 42,298
One of these days I'm going to turn my WA22 into a balanced preamp kind of like Seamaster's back in the day, but with a minor variation.

Mar 13, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #19,616 of 42,298

Quote:
the Taboo will drive speakers?
i did not know that.

yeah i love the wa2 preamp through my pioneer.
not as much through the marantz though

Yes. The Taboo power amp will drive you crazy-good paired with the WA2.
It is a match made in Heaven Wooville!

Mar 14, 2012 at 12:02 AM Post #19,617 of 42,298
Mar 14, 2012 at 12:15 AM Post #19,618 of 42,298
loving my WA6-SE / WA2 combo. however, the WA2 is a fantastic amp with my T1 and HD 800, absolutely stunning.

and the WA6-SE works great with my LCD-2.

i do use the WA2 because it adds alot of needed warmth and sweetness back into digital recordings.

Mar 14, 2012 at 4:10 AM Post #19,620 of 42,298
There was more than 2000 messages since my last entry!

I feel like I'm a little stuck.. or maybe I'm done upgrading?

At this point I don't even know what to save up for. Will I hear a big difference between  LCD2 and my AKG 702 for example, and will the difference be worth $1000? Will I honestly hear the difference between dacs, and if so which one is better?? The new woo dec looks great, but will I be able to hear the difference? I can't really get a conclusive vibe from the forums sometimes, it seems like everybody is boasting about their own equipment..

So you see, looks like I've been in the real world a little too long 
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:
eek.gif
 The answers to those questions can easily be found in one's Checking/Savings Account... if they haven't been cleared out already! And if you pay attention to how many posts have been made since your last one, you're in for a shock! 

Thanks kindly for your generous offer. My PM will be sent with gratitude. 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back