Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Mar 5, 2012 at 8:44 AM Post #19,501 of 42,298
I am up making coffee and the earth shakes. I guess I'll make tea.

EDIT: All my amps are okay.
smile.gif

Mar 5, 2012 at 9:14 AM Post #19,502 of 42,298
Glad to hear you're ok as well!!

Did you make yourself into a human shield to protect the amps?

Quote:
I am up making coffee and the earth shakes. I guess I'll make tea.

EDIT: All my amps are okay.
smile.gif

Mar 5, 2012 at 9:21 AM Post #19,503 of 42,298

Quote:
Glad to hear you're ok as well!!

Did you make yourself into a human shield to protect the amps?

LOL.

Thanks.

I was supposed to take cover under a strong heavy table but it happened so quickly that all I could think of was "If I hear one tube break then it will not be a good morning!"

Mar 5, 2012 at 8:15 PM Post #19,506 of 42,298
4.3 guys? C'mon now. A weak quake like that should only scare tourists :)

Glad to hear you guys are okay just the same.

Went to the pasadena record swap on sunday and procured the following fine LPs:

Herbie Hancock - Empyrean Isles
Gene Ammons - Jug
Mingus - Oh Yeah
Miles Davis - Miles Smiles
Miles Davis - Walkin'
Kenny Burrell - Blue Lights
Jackie Mclean - Jackie's Bag
Freddie Redd Quartet / Jackie Mclean - Music from the Connection
Eddie Lockjaw Davis - Cookbook
Freddie Hubbard - Blue Spirits

Soon as I VPI these bad boys the Woo will be pumping some fine tunes.

Mar 5, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #19,509 of 42,298
-deleted-

Mar 5, 2012 at 11:03 PM Post #19,511 of 42,298

Quote:
Not sure what ended up on the cutting room floor... nice avatar though!

oh it was a question Jack ended up answering about how bad an idea it is to use the 6SN7 adaptor with the SE... he didn't recommend it. Thanks!

Mar 5, 2012 at 11:13 PM Post #19,512 of 42,298

Quote:
oh it was a question Jack ended up answering about how bad an idea it is to use the 6SN7 adaptor with the SE... he didn't recommend it. Thanks!

What reason did he give, if I may ask? When I approached him about the matter in 2010, he said make sure you have this (check!), that (check!!) and the other (check!!!). And that I'd be good. And then later during the same exchange he proceeded to sell me my very first pair of 6SN7 tubes - NOS GE 6SN7GTA-1953 for $80. 

I had concerns about putting my amp in harms way, so I contacted him about the adapters. To be clear, he wasn't in favor of it then, but was supportive if the user knew what they were doing. And though this concept has been asked and answered a number of times in the past 18 months alone - especially post "Tube Compatibility Chart" release - here's an opportunity for you to update new users in the thread.

Mar 6, 2012 at 3:05 AM Post #19,513 of 42,298

Quote:
PanamaRed, you had a great outing! To compliment that bounty, 
tongue_smile.gif
 you could pre-order Jaco Pastorius!

Nice looking out Silent. I think this might very well be my first 45

Mar 6, 2012 at 3:24 AM Post #19,514 of 42,298

Quote:
What reason did he give, if I may ask? When I approached him about the matter in 2010, he said make sure you have this (check!), that (check!!) and the other (check!!!). And that I'd be good. And then later during the same exchange he proceeded to sell me my very first pair of 6SN7 tubes - NOS GE 6SN7GTA-1953 for $80. 

I had concerns about putting my amp in harms way, so I contacted him about the adapters. To be clear, he wasn't in favor of it then, but was supportive if the user knew what they were doing. And though this concept has been asked and answered a number of times in the past 18 months alone - especially post "Tube Compatibility Chart" release - here's an opportunity for you to update new users in the thread.

This is what I asked:

"I was wondering why the 6SN7 adaptor is not sold as a upgrade option for the WA6SE, will is not work properly on the SE model?"

This was the response:

"WA6 and 6SE are different design although the same stock tubes are used. 6SN7 can be damaged on the 6SE if you use it."

So maybe the newest models have a different design from previous ones... I received my SE in January this year.

Mar 6, 2012 at 3:46 AM Post #19,515 of 42,298

Quote:
This is what I asked:

"I was wondering why the 6SN7 adaptor is not sold as a upgrade option for the WA6SE, will is not work properly on the SE model?"

This was the response:

"WA6 and 6SE are different design although the same stock tubes are used. 6SN7 can be damaged on the 6SE if you use it."

So maybe the newest models have a different design from previous ones... I received my SE in January this year.

Thanks for responding. Nothing new as far as I can determine though. This was his view in 2010 and questions arose again in the thread when the Tube Compatibility Chart was released. The Special Edition needs an added capacitor and resistor inside the adapter. Otherwise, I would not risk my Mid-1940's Tung-Sol Black Glass Round Plate VT-231/6SN7GT tubes in there. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back