Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Nov 11, 2011 at 4:07 PM Post #15,646 of 42,298

Quote:

I've been asked politely and respectfully not to go there in the threads concerning that topic....
very_evil_smiley.gif

But I have had an experience with an $80 set of cans recently that has really made me reevaluate the sanity of spending even 1K on a pair of headphones let alone 2K.    Since the LCD-2's were my first pair of cans ever and pretty much the first ones I have ever used my experience with other cans is of course limited.  

ZoomButt.gif

True. But for me, it's a normal reaction that anyone would have on the street... because I did! 
ph34r.gif
  I understand the Markets (both as a consumer and a former NASD Rep). And I also understand some consumers will not care what prices are if it's something they want, need or desire. In this case, the name "Consumer" is not a coincidence. 

Nov 11, 2011 at 4:08 PM Post #15,647 of 42,298

Quote:
Congratulations thrak!  
beerchug.gif
  You need not worry about EMI sources just yet, it's really environmental and like running water, will vary... widely. Some will be immune and others will be plagued, no escaping one's environment. You'll know as soon as you strive for placement.

Computer monitors, TV monitors, Mobile devices, Wi-Fi Routers & Modems can all be a bit much for some tube amps. Which can also be impacted by how much metal is inside the room and where (think broadcasting). You'll likely be fine, my comments are being made for awareness purposes only.

Let us know how it went, best to you!

Quote:
I never have any issues with WiFi and bluetooth, I only experience interference is with cellphone that is using EDGE instead of 3G.

Thanks for the info fellas.  I'll be sure to let you know how it goes.  Sadly I am in the west coast atm and home is DC and I just got confirmation that it has been delivered!  I guess i'll be dreaming about it on the red-eye tonight :wink:

Nov 11, 2011 at 4:11 PM Post #15,648 of 42,298

Quote:

Thanks for the info fellas.  I'll be sure to let you know how it goes.  Sadly I am in the west coast atm and home is DC and I just got confirmation that it has been delivered!  I guess i'll be dreaming about it on the red-eye tonight :wink:

I heard ya, my PWD delivered when I was in LA for the week.

Nov 11, 2011 at 4:11 PM Post #15,649 of 42,298

Quote:

On the bright side, it's the weekend! I love taking deliveries just prior to the weekend. Nuthin' worse than getting some goodies on a Monday and you're too busy to pay it proper attention. Yet, you become distracted! 

Nov 11, 2011 at 4:14 PM Post #15,650 of 42,298

Quote:
On the bright side, it's the weekend! I love taking deliveries just prior to the weekend. Nuthin' worse than getting some goodies on a Monday and you're too busy to pay it proper attention. Yet, you become distracted! 

I hate you SilentOne, you just reminded me my beta22 will be arriving on next Monday.  I have three pressing project... 
mad.gif

Nov 11, 2011 at 4:20 PM Post #15,651 of 42,298
Out of curiosity what is the going rate for a used pair of LCD2 Rev1?

Nov 11, 2011 at 4:28 PM Post #15,653 of 42,298

Quote:

Unfortunately no, spent all my toy funds on beta22 this year and trying to squeeze in a tube tester too.  I think before investing more expensive tubes, I really need to get a tester.  

Plus, I'm after a vintage Marantz 2265/2275.

Does this suggest my WA 6 Special Edition shall remain "NU-less?" In your quest for the Marantz, I can help! 
biggrin.gif

Nov 11, 2011 at 4:28 PM Post #15,654 of 42,298

Quote:
Mike, I listened to the LCD-3s and LCD-2s side by side at the Canjam.  Unfortunately for LCD-2 owners, there was no comparison (IMO).  And I love my LCD-2s but I sold them within 2 weeks of coming home.

I did the same thing at Canjam and totally agree with you. I am planning on ordering a pair in not too long...hopefully
biggrin.gif

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Nov 11, 2011 at 4:28 PM Post #15,655 of 42,298

Quote:
boys and girls.  

super headphone deals for you.  just received an email from Moon-Audio, they are offering 11% off all headphones including LCD-3 unfortunately for me that I can not afford it.  coupon code "ELEVEN"  It is only good for today.

Good for cables too??

- Nope... just tried.
Oh well.

Nov 11, 2011 at 4:31 PM Post #15,656 of 42,298

Quote:
Good for cables too??

I don't know if it's good for cables alone, but I priced out a re-cabled Beyer T70p, and it gave me the 11% discount on the entire price, not just the headphone portion.

Nov 11, 2011 at 4:35 PM Post #15,657 of 42,298
Nov 11, 2011 at 4:44 PM Post #15,659 of 42,298

Quote:
I don't know if it's good for cables alone, but I priced out a re-cabled Beyer T70p, and it gave me the 11% discount on the entire price, not just the headphone portion.

No on cables alone and yes on headphone package.

Nov 11, 2011 at 5:02 PM Post #15,660 of 42,298

Quote:
We are only trying to help a bro to spend his hard earn money...
biggrin.gif

I have a wife for that.
rolleyes.gif

Quote:
Quote:
I think that Dante needs another ring in hell for you guys. 

Actually, I am listening to my WA22 right now as I wrestle with Microsoft's Team Foundation Server.

Anyway, SillySally is getting an LCD-3 and I can listen to his thoughts first.  Also, I'm working on DIY power cables right now.  I had to replace our refregerator AND oven/microwave already, AND my wife needs a new laptop.  I think I'm going to have to difer any new audio purchases for a while and keep the home fires burning.

Mike, I listened to the LCD-3s and LCD-2s side by side at the Canjam.  Unfortunately for LCD-2 owners, there was no comparison (IMO).  And I love my LCD-2s but I sold them within 2 weeks of coming home.

I really need to learn to detach from my hardware.  I've been thinking about selling my LCD-2 r2 and I put it off and now there is the 3 out there.  I'm really glad to hear the three is a home run as the Audeze guys are cool and deserve a success.  BTY, what did you sell your 2 at?  I have a stock cable and a nice wooden box with mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back