+2

And the Woo/W4S family grows...

woo family! 
biggrin.gif

Nov 10, 2011 at 4:09 PM Post #15,587 of 42,298

Quote:
Yes indeed sir.

A Wyred4Sound DAC2 should suffice no? 

One just showed up today, I turned it on and it started complaining about having to send out an SE signal, and that I really needed to find it a balanced mate....

In my view, Wyred4Sound DACs provide the greatest value at its price-point. It routinely beats up... (well, that's not very nice) rather, it outperforms many DACs at or near its price points. It really comes down to what you like (but what's not to love?!).
beerchug.gif

Nov 10, 2011 at 4:28 PM Post #15,588 of 42,298

Quote:
Yes, any time!  You know I have an old Music Hall MMF-7 that I am not using at the moment and if you need a turntable, you are welcome to borrow it for a while.

Fantastique! I best order that Astrud Gilberto then... 180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP 45 RPM - 2 LPs 

astrud_gilberto_the_shadow_of_your_smile.jpg

Since your Cat found your primary Turn Table in the closet this past summer, what are the chances you might wanna sell the Music Hall? 
biggrin.gif
 Just woke up at Noon - all the chat about NY Pizza left me disappointed when I entered the kitchen. The water is the primary reason (and partially air) pizza taste different out here. BTW, I put my visiting residency down in Brownsville (Bklyn).

Nov 10, 2011 at 4:31 PM Post #15,590 of 42,298

Quote:
I did a quick a dirty comparison of the WA2 vs the Lyr using only the LCD2r2s. I chose tracks that I've listened to recently so I wasn't ambushed by new things I haven't heard before on these rigs.
The first point goes to the Lyr for having an actual name rather than a meaningless abbreviation model number. T1, LCD2r2,WA2,****.

If I had to choose between these two amps I would definitely base the decision on the kind of music I favoured. There are significant differences in the sound and the experience produced. By the way I used the HM-602 (another stupid abbreviation - they could at least use amusing acronyms) as source for all these because I have been messing with it over the last couple of day and I just Rockboxed it, so I wanted to give it a run. I know this comparison isn't worth a hell of a lot , but this thread got me wondering about the differences and I'm away all weekend so I wanted to satisfy my own curiosity somewhat.

Hmm that's not too reassuring a WA22 would be my next step up from the Lyr, on my LCD2r2s.
I assume the WA2 and WA22 are not greatly separated.

Has anyone here compared the Lyr to the WA22 directly?

Nov 10, 2011 at 4:43 PM Post #15,593 of 42,298

Quote:
So I have a photo shoot in NYC next week, about 4-5 days in Times Square, and Woo comes to mind as I am interested in making my system a balanced one (WA22).

I know I could email Jack, and I have before with inquiries, but does anyone know where abouts in NY they are located?

I would love to ask about checking the place out, and perhaps smuggling something back across the border with me to Canada after the shoot.

Are they in Manhattan or outside a bit?

I would like to visit and see Woo Audio's operations as well. Not sure how flexible your travel schedule is. But as a consolation (a great one at that), if you're able to return to Canada after stopping in Binghamton, NY, you could tour McIntosh Labs. Then leave from there or Syracuse back to the land I get my Pure Canadian Maple Syrup from. 
wink.gif

Nov 10, 2011 at 4:55 PM Post #15,594 of 42,298

Quote:
Quote:
Yes, any time!  You know I have an old Music Hall MMF-7 that I am not using at the moment and if you need a turntable, you are welcome to borrow it for a while.

Fantastique! I best order that Astrud Gilberto then... 180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP 45 RPM - 2 LPs 

astrud_gilberto_the_shadow_of_your_smile.jpg

Since your Cat found your primary Turn Table in the closet this past summer, what are the chances you might wanna sell the Music Hall? 
biggrin.gif
 Just woke up at Noon - all the chat about NY Pizza left me disappointed when I entered the kitchen. The water is the primary reason (and partially air) pizza taste different out here. BTW, I put my visiting residency down in Brownsville (Bklyn).

If you want to buy it, sure.  It needs a turntable/motor belt.  I loved that turntable and the only reason I replaced it was because of the Clearaudio Solution turntable review I did which introduced me to Clearaudio's turntable line.  Let's PM about the details and we'll get you going soon.

Nov 10, 2011 at 5:03 PM Post #15,595 of 42,298

Quote:
If you want to buy it, sure.  It needs a turntable/motor belt.  I loved that turntable and the only reason I replaced it was because of the Clearaudio Solution turntable review I did which introduced me to Clearaudio's turntable line.  Let's PM about the details and we'll get you going soon.

(Not wanting his WA6SE to over hear any of this just yet, Silent One begins to speak in hushed tones...)

Great! Will see you on the other side within the hour.

Nov 10, 2011 at 5:13 PM Post #15,596 of 42,298

Quote:
I would like to visit and see Woo Audio's operations as well. Not sure how flexible your travel schedule is. But as a consolation (a great one at that), if you're able to return to Canada after stopping in Binghamton, NY, you could tour McIntosh Labs. Then leave from there or Syracuse back to the land I get my Pure Canadian Maple Syrup from. 
wink.gif

Nope, in and out of JFK, unfortunately any extra curricular activity would have to take place in one of the 5 boroughs.

Nov 10, 2011 at 7:34 PM Post #15,599 of 42,298

Quote:
Katy Perry - MTV Unplugged
That's right Katy Perry, you wanna make something of it?
wink.gif
Actually I was surprised to find out she has a decent voice to go along with her more than decent ..um assets..um I mean earnings.

There are two excellent performances which are also well recorded sonic gems on that CD.  "I Kissed A Girl" & "Ur So Gay".   The recordings are sonic powerhouses.

ZoomButt.gif

Nov 10, 2011 at 7:35 PM Post #15,600 of 42,298

Quote:

There are two excellent performances which are also well recorded sonic gems on that CD.  "I Kissed A Girl" & "Ur So Gay".   The recordings are sonic powerhouses.

ZoomButt.gif

i <3 katy perry shes one of my favorite artists 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back