Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Nov 10, 2011 at 9:59 AM Post #15,556 of 42,298

Quote:
Believe they're in Queens, but they don't have any storefront or showroom.  Probably too much to maintain a physical presence given how niche the hobby is.  Asked a couple months back if I could pick up an amp locally ($150 to ship WA5) and they said no.  Not that I hold it against them or anything if they're building everything out of their home or something, I wouldn't want strangers wandering around my house either.

X2, I was in NY a lot and asked about picking up my WA6 couple years back and Jack said no due to insurance liability.  They are constantly build amps and most of the time they left the cover open with live AC.

Nov 10, 2011 at 10:13 AM Post #15,557 of 42,298

Quote:
Believe they're in Queens, but they don't have any storefront or showroom.  Probably too much to maintain a physical presence given how niche the hobby is.  Asked a couple months back if I could pick up an amp locally ($150 to ship WA5) and they said no.  Not that I hold it against them or anything if they're building everything out of their home or something, I wouldn't want strangers wandering around my house either.

Quote:
X2, I was in NY a lot and asked about picking up my WA6 couple years back and Jack said no due to insurance liability.  They are constantly build amps and most of the time they left the cover open with live AC.

Ah well. Thanks guys. Saves me from having to bug Jack. I was hoping to escape some shipping and tax money since I was going to be in NYC anyways.

Nov 10, 2011 at 10:38 AM Post #15,559 of 42,298

Quote:
Tonight, I followed up with Jack. And he kindly informed me (for future reference): The Output impedance of a WA 6 Special Edition is 32 ohms at low output, 120 ohms at high output. The WA2 has an output of about impedance of 150 ohms.
beerchug.gif

great stuff SilentOne.
cheers indeed.
but this talk of pizza is making me hungry and its only 930am

Nov 10, 2011 at 1:02 PM Post #15,560 of 42,298

Quote:
Can you have it shipped to where you will be staying? Most hotels will receive packages on your behalf.

That's a fantastic idea. Quite the dirty trick, I wish I had thought of that!

Thanks!

Nov 10, 2011 at 1:12 PM Post #15,562 of 42,298
Yeah, but considering it's insured by the carrier from Jack's hands to the destination, why risk damaging the tubes/amp by transporting it yourself when the carrier can drop it at your doorstep and be insured at the same time?

Quote:
Can you have it shipped to where you will be staying? Most hotels will receive packages on your behalf.

Nov 10, 2011 at 1:14 PM Post #15,564 of 42,298
I had a pizza in CT a few months ago that might have been the best I've ever eaten in the States (http://www.pepespizzeria.com).  There are some pretty good pizzas across the pond though ... the most notable for me in Zurich.  I dream of going back for the pizza alone.  If you want to feel your pizza than chicago can't be beat ... Giordanos, Ginos, Lou Malnatis, Connies ...OK I'm getting hungry and it's barely past breakfast!

Nov 10, 2011 at 1:24 PM Post #15,565 of 42,298

Quote:
Quote:
X2 on Brooklyn pizza.

My last name is Lombardi. I'm from NY. My Italian ancestors are from Naples Italy.

http://www.firstpizza.com/

http://www.passion-4-pizza.com/new_york_pizza.html

ZoomButt.gif

WA, I hail from Brooklyn right off of Flatbush and Ocean Avenue.  I was there when the Dogers were still playing, and when they left I stopped loving baseball.

I so remember the days of walking up to the pizza shops that had their open window to the street and ordering a slice.  Do you know of any cheese recipe that can approximate the taste of the east coast cheese combo?  I just had to replace our oven and got a nice convection oven and want to start making pizza at home and would love to have that east coast cheese flavor instead of just Mozzarella.

Nov 10, 2011 at 1:37 PM Post #15,567 of 42,298

Quote:
HELP I need a DAC to connect my WooAudio 3 to my PC.  Any suggestions?  I'd like to not spend more on the DAC than was spent on the Amp if possible. 

DACmagic perhaps?

Nov 10, 2011 at 1:40 PM Post #15,569 of 42,298

Quote:
That's a fantastic idea. Quite the dirty trick, I wish I had thought of that!

Thanks!

My amp was delayed two months, so just make sure your amp would be ready when you get to NYC.

When mine came across the border, the invoice was about half of what the actual cost was. So there was some savings there. Also helped when the wife asked "How much was that". 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back