Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Aug 18, 2011 at 6:34 AM Post #12,962 of 42,298

Quote:

It would be an interesting to scam someone by paying them an x amount fo money into their account :wink:

It is not going to be sent any time soon as I have no one to collect it when I am away. He has not confirmed that my order weill be timed now, but I hope that is what is gonna happen.

I was on the same track trying to be a great customer, but when after 2 days from agreed shipping date I had no information on shipping and only upon enquiring I was told there is a delay I got a bit awestruck by the lack of information.

Again, as funny as it sounds, I sent the money from the UK, not Bangladesh or Zimbabwe (sorry no offense to those from these countries). How could I scam someone by sending him a payment? And then sending the rest of it? Strange.

Scams ~

I could provide you with some eye-opening scenarios, some tried & proven and some still-to-come regarding payments/shipments/claims merchants worldwide have to deal with. However, warnings would be appropriate in this thread but I'm not sure about full fledged write-ups in this publicly indexed forum. A Credit Card representative/ Bank Merchant representative/ebay or Paypal representative/ Customs representative could answer a lot of your questions, leaving you to be a more informed consumer.

I feel terrible about your dilemma but know some how, some way Jack will do the right thing. Convenient? Maybe not. By chance, will your field trip take you to the USA?

Aug 18, 2011 at 6:47 AM Post #12,964 of 42,298
Kinda in a dilema Been reading ...then some  ...and then some more .....

Mac/optical / ALAC - Cans are HD650 ,music tastes jazz /soul/ funk / brazilian/ studio 1 .

I'm torn between two setups .Im looking at getting the best out of the cans in terms of soundstage clarity etc etc......

Setup 1 - Woo Audio 6 - Dac Not sure , recomendations would be good

Setup 2 - Littele dot Dac 1 / Little dot VII+ (balanced setup)

Budget well say £600 UK - I know the setup 2 will come in less then that new .

Thoughts and guidance more then welcome.

Thanks

Unomelodica

Aug 18, 2011 at 7:32 AM Post #12,965 of 42,298

Quote:

Mac/optical / ALAC - Cans are HD650 ,music tastes jazz /soul/ funk / brazilian/ studio 1 .

I'm torn between two setups .Im looking at getting the best out of the cans in terms of soundstage clarity etc etc......

Thanks

Unomelodica

A silent note made visible...

Which Cat - Leopard, Snow Leopard or Lion?
Did you migrate from a previous system? Tubes in a past set up?
What is the Optical cable connected to now?
iTunes and/or a software music player?
HD650 re-cabled? 

Mulling over some of the options you have. Great taste in music, by the way!
popcorn.gif

Aug 18, 2011 at 7:57 AM Post #12,966 of 42,298
Which Cat - Leopard, Snow Leopard or Lion? - snow leopard
Did you migrate from a previous system? Tubes in a past set up? - Had a vinyl replay system which had a tube amp (puresound) / gyrodec / still have the gyro but moved the amp on.
What is the Optical cable connected to now? - just at the start of this journey looking at source /amp options.
iTunes and/or a software music player? - itunes currently - will look into alternatives ,seem limited compared to say a windows based system
HD650 re-cabled? - not at the moment but am looking at cardas/ moon / zu (possibly balanced)

Appreciate the response ,im not averse to looking at used items .

Thanks

Unomelodica

Aug 18, 2011 at 9:32 AM Post #12,967 of 42,298

Quote:
Which Cat - Leopard, Snow Leopard or Lion? - snow leopard
Did you migrate from a previous system? Tubes in a past set up? - Had a vinyl replay system which had a tube amp (puresound) / gyrodec / still have the gyro but moved the amp on.
What is the Optical cable connected to now? - just at the start of this journey looking at source /amp options.
iTunes and/or a software music player? - itunes currently - will look into alternatives ,seem limited compared to say a windows based system
HD650 re-cabled? - not at the moment but am looking at cardas/ moon / zu (possibly balanced)

Appreciate the response ,im not averse to looking at used items .

Thanks

Unomelodica

Thanks

Unomelodica _______________________

Will look forward to your forthcoming recommendations with fascination. If I see something of interest I'll weigh in... 

Aug 18, 2011 at 10:31 AM Post #12,968 of 42,298

Quote:

I feel terrible about your dilemma but know some how, some way Jack will do the right thing. Convenient? Maybe not. By chance, will your field trip take you to the USA?

I bet everything will be ok, just a temporary problem. I simply got a bit annoyed with the lack of communication on his side when he did not inform me about the delay.

My field trips are to Asia, so too far away :frowning2:

Aug 18, 2011 at 10:48 AM Post #12,969 of 42,298

Quote:
I bet everything will be ok, just a temporary problem. I simply got a bit annoyed with the lack of communication on his side when he did not inform me about the delay.

My field trips are to Asia, so too far away :frowning2:

Yes, you're absolutely right, all will end well. At least your trips get you out of the house... and not just down the street! 
biggrin.gif
  FYI - Jack is working round-the-clock; Woo Audio has been gearing up for a HUGE product launch Mid-October (I'm sure you've been following audio news). 

Aug 18, 2011 at 11:01 AM Post #12,970 of 42,298

Quote:

I am not so sure. 
Here is my situation.

At the end of July I contacted him for a quote and paid 25% of the order value. 
He said shipping date would be Aug 15th.
I promised to pay the rest on Aug 5th.
I paid the money in on Aug 10th.
I received confirmation he got the money.
On Aug 15th or 16th I received no information regarding shipping so I sent an email asking for tracking number.
I was advised there was a delay and it would be sent on Friday 19th or Monday 22nd. 
I explained it would be too late and I would be away already.
Then suddenly he says he can send the amp today and it will reach me on Tuesday (I will be gone by Tue morning).

Now he says that the delay is caused by the fact that my 2nd installment was late? It was still there almost a week before the agreed shipping date.

The most puzzling is the last part where there was a big delay and suddenly the amp was ready to be sent today and I now feel like the whole delay was just a hoax, maybe there was someone he wanted to send an amp to first, no idea.

Waiting for a WA2.

I have ordered my WA22, last November, and, at the same time I sent to Jack half the sum requested, then, after a month (as stated by Jack in his first answer to my ordering email), I have received my WA22 here in Italy (and keep in mind that it was Christmas's time!)
In my first email I asked total price with the Sophia Princess 274B included, then after some days I rewrote to him asking to cancel my request for the Sophia and he didn't make no objection at all.
For me Jack Woo is an excellent manufacturer and seller.

Aug 18, 2011 at 11:38 AM Post #12,971 of 42,298

Quote:

Thanks

Unomelodica

You're not going to find many recommendations for a Little Dot tube amp in this thread
tongue.gif

Edit: just realized that the VII+ is a sold-state amp, my bad
redface.gif

If you go with a WA6, you won't need a balanced DAC either. I would heartily advise you check into the new Schiit BiFrost as a single-ended DAC for the WA6. It promises to have cutting-edge conversion technology by some of the industry's top engineers, and the first batch of pre-sold units will be shipping at the end of this month.

Aug 18, 2011 at 12:36 PM Post #12,972 of 42,298
I have got to hear a WES at some point.  I wonder what that would sound like if you added a Smyth Realizer?
evil_smiley.gif

Quote:
The same thing happened to me, when my WES was delayed for about a month. Apparently, Woo decided to improve the design (and, a little while later, they added the line "Mills and Kiwame resistors" to the description of the WES on the website, so maybe that was the improvement). I was given the option of getting my amp quickly without the improvements, or a few weeks later with them.

There are many companies that would simply ship the current design and then roll out the new design when they had the parts. Nothing wrong with that, but I really appreciated Woo's offer to wait for a little and get the improved product.

Aug 18, 2011 at 4:47 PM Post #12,973 of 42,298

Quote:
I have got to hear a WES at some point.  I wonder what that would sound like if you added a Smyth Realizer?
evil_smiley.gif

(Hmmm, let's see... Bears & Honey)  

I too, would like to get a listen to a WES at some point like... this Fall! I wonder if I could bribe FlyingBear with something good so that I (perhaps, shipsupt and a few others Bay side)  could have a listen.  
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back