Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Feb 6, 2011 at 11:00 PM Post #8,221 of 42,298

Quote:
In a amp that has a output transformer like the WA22 all these things are happening at the transformer and as far as crosstalk on the ground is BS a amp is much more likley to 
have crosstalk in the power supply with both amps drawing off the same power supply than in the ground.

I am not trying to pick a fight with anyone or claim that I am qualify to really backup the concept. I just stated what I have read about balanced amps for headphones (which is different of what we all know as balanced system in the Hi-Fi world) and quote the explanation from one of the well known manufactures in this hobby.

I am dropping it now...peace.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Feb 7, 2011 at 3:21 PM Post #8,222 of 42,298
Feb 9, 2011 at 7:06 PM Post #8,226 of 42,298
RE: EML Glass (5U4G Mesh)

Delivery confirmed: Check!
Visual inspection:    Check!
Deoxit Gold:           Check!
Installation:            Scrrrreeeeecccch!!!!!!

On my WA6SE, the Teflon tube socket for the power supply is notched at the 12 o'clock position. When installed, The Sophia Princess faced West. With the EML installed, the front is facing exactly East like the Sphinx! Anyone out there that has their rectifiers in the frontal postion? 

Sure, it's a small thing. But when one is in to beauty and aesthetics, the first thing we notice is the small things. Will fire it up after UNC @ Duke and try to grow with the oddly faced position. 

Post Script.: Never opened up my amp - is there a way I can rotate the tube socket? It's bothering me like no other and I haven't even heard The EML play yet!

Feb 9, 2011 at 9:21 PM Post #8,228 of 42,298

Quote:
Jack did that to get the shortest possible path, I remember some one asked Jack to position the tube to face the front but he rejected the request.

Thanks, jc9394. At least I can move along now knowing this. I guess it's all tube specific since the Sophia and EML are 180 degrees opposite one another. The view from the front of the EML looks right impressive. From the side, it looks a bit ordinary. 

Once I hear it, I'm quite sure this will all be forgotten - music has the power to move...

Feb 9, 2011 at 10:31 PM Post #8,230 of 42,298
I sit to the left of my amp.  I can't see the Shuguang Treasure or EML markings.  But.............a cool looking glow when the sun starts to dip.

Feb 9, 2011 at 10:47 PM Post #8,231 of 42,298
My desk is in an L-shape configuration - I sit behind the longest part of the desk with the amp on the short-side off my right shoulder. Actually, the amp is placed evenly with my shoulder and the power supply to its right. So, when I sit at a 45 degree angle where the two sides meet and look over, I see the narrow side of the EML's plates. Wanted to see it head on for the glow.

Feb 10, 2011 at 12:17 AM Post #8,232 of 42,298
That was my first reaction as well, but upon hearing the sound coming from the EML it cured everything. 
beyersmile.png

Quote:
RE: EML Glass (5U4G Mesh)

Delivery confirmed: Check!
Visual inspection:    Check!
Deoxit Gold:           Check!
Installation:            Scrrrreeeeecccch!!!!!!

On my WA6SE, the Teflon tube socket for the power supply is notched at the 12 o'clock position. When installed, The Sophia Princess faced West. With the EML installed, the front is facing exactly East like the Sphinx! Anyone out there that has their rectifiers in the frontal postion? 

Sure, it's a small thing. But when one is in to beauty and aesthetics, the first thing we notice is the small things. Will fire it up after UNC @ Duke and try to grow with the oddly faced position. 

Post Script.: Never opened up my amp - is there a way I can rotate the tube socket? It's bothering me like no other and I haven't even heard The EML play yet!

Feb 10, 2011 at 8:51 AM Post #8,233 of 42,298
So I just got my WA6 in last night and it's absolutely incredible. One odd thing happened though earlier this morning. I turned it on to have short listen to it and before I even start to play any music I plug my headphone in and hear voices. At first I thought I was crazy, but on listening to it some more it turns out that it's a local radio station. Is this just interference from someone near by listening to the radio? I didn't get any of that last night when using it. Also, is there any way to prevent this from occurring?

Feb 10, 2011 at 9:57 AM Post #8,234 of 42,298
I used to get that all the time with my TA phono stage from Eddie Currrent which was connected to my WA6. But I would have to turn the volume to about 2:00 before it really became noticeable. It turned out to be the cables from my turntable to the phono stage--they were unshielded cables. So I replaced them with shielded cables and now I hear no "voices." I suggest that you replace your interconnects with shielded ones to the WA6 unless they are already shielded. Just my two cents.

Feb 10, 2011 at 10:11 AM Post #8,235 of 42,298

Hmm, I'll try that then. Thanks. I don't believe they are shielded. For me though the volume knob was at 0 and I could faintly hear the voices. When I turned the knob up, to about 1:00 I just got static and the volume of the voices didn't go up as I turned the knob, it just sorta hit a wall of static at that point.

The BJC LC-1 Stereo Audio Cables should work fine, right?
Quote:
I used to get that all the time with my TA phono stage from Eddie Currrent which was connected to my WA6. But I would have to turn the volume to about 2:00 before it really became noticeable. It turned out to be the cables from my turntable to the phono stage--they were unshielded cables. So I replaced them with shielded cables and now I hear no "voices." I suggest that you replace your interconnects with shielded ones to the WA6 unless they are already shielded. Just my two cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back