Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Oct 1, 2010 at 10:01 AM Post #5,881 of 42,298
Same here - I bought a back-up set of the TS BGRP's - can't stomach the idea of being without them.  As said, they cost what they cost for a reason - they sound AMAZING.

Oct 1, 2010 at 10:02 AM Post #5,882 of 42,298
I discovered so many devils about TS RPBG here suddenly.
biggrin.gif

Oct 1, 2010 at 10:50 AM Post #5,889 of 42,298

Quote:
No sooner had I gone to buy a pair for myself than they're all gone!!!
eek.gif
All of them. There were 10 of them last night!

I know, it is crazy.  He have over 10 last night and it is all sold now.  Luckily I got hold of him and able to get one more pair.

Oct 1, 2010 at 10:50 AM Post #5,890 of 42,298

Do you guys have a link?

Quote:
I've just ordered a back up pair from him also. Can't stand the thought of being without a set if anything happens to the ones I've got. I don't know the history of these I have already so not sure how long they'll last. They sound sublime but are nothing to look at, no lettering on the glass etc, definately not NOS.

I had an extended listen to them in my WA6 last night and I have to say everything people say is true. Everything seems so 3D, so perfect in every way. If any of you guys are sitting on the fence wondering if you should buy a set, just do it because these will only go up in price as they become more and more rare to find. Walt has the licence to print money the way I see it......

Oct 1, 2010 at 11:05 AM Post #5,894 of 42,298
No need to worry too much.

According to the tube dealer I met earlier, he knew someone in Europe has at least 50 "pairs" of TS BGRP, and he believes this guy has more.
The dealer bought 10 pairs at once from this source in the beginning of this year, which cost USD300 per pair...
biggrin.gif

The next time he tried to order, that guy increased to USD400.

Cited from him, these dealers/owners won't release too many vintage on the auction sites.
They will show few pairs from time to time, in order to maintain the price.
That's it. 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back