Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Sep 30, 2010 at 4:18 PM Post #5,866 of 42,298
Quote:

Maybe I should take a vacation from this thread.

And why? In your absence you might miss some valuable and exciting information which is passed between like members that may help you discover Audio Nirvana.

Sep 30, 2010 at 9:24 PM Post #5,869 of 42,298

Quote:
I, too, thought I was safe from tubes.  But it's so nice here.

Step into the light... join us...

Come towards the light. Bask in its radiant glow. You feel safe. You feel safe. Until of course you plop down another C-Note to procure another NOS tube!

Sep 30, 2010 at 10:00 PM Post #5,870 of 42,298
Haha, you guys are right. I tried to stay away and lasted half of a day. Cheers to tubes.

jc9394, what do you think of the tsrp's?

I know this is very subjective, but in your eyes, are they worth it over other 6sn7 types?

Sep 30, 2010 at 11:26 PM Post #5,871 of 42,298

Quote:
He get back to me on group buy.  Due to his medical bill, he can not afford to lower it anymore than already low price compare to others that is listed.  He have 10 more if anyone is interested.

I didn't think he would lower his price, its already a good price.

Remember two things with your new tubes.
1. The imprint on the glass is easy to rub off.
2. It is a good idea to always handle any tube with a base from it's base only.

Oct 1, 2010 at 12:31 AM Post #5,873 of 42,298
Alright guys, step up to the plate. I just ordered a pair of TSRP from Walt on eBay and installed them in my WA5. 

These are the real deal, date matched, same production NOS in original boxes, and the sound! I was using a pair of date matched, NOS Tung-Sol 6SN7 circa 1958 that were and are excellent tubes; The TSRP takes things to an ENTIRELY different level.

In comparison there was an edginess to the sound with my other tubes that is totally gone now and this is accomplished without any rounding or smoothing out of transient detail, in fact they are even more percussive in that regard. 

There is a reason that these tubes are so scarce and command such high prices.

These should last a very long time in the WA22 and WA5 circuits, even so I just ordered a back-up set and I certainly was NOT planning on doing that. 

The way I see it, the new production stuff is plentiful and available and in addition there are many dubious sellers peddling "NOS" that is far from it, don't let this opportunity pass you by.

Once you add up everything you will spend with all the tube experimentation and rolling at the end of the day this is where you are ultimately going to end up. 

Carpe Diem! 

Oct 1, 2010 at 12:43 AM Post #5,874 of 42,298

Quote:
No I haven't checked, but considering it was built in January/February of 2010, I assumed that it would be compatible.  I'll have to email him to find out.

Actually that would make you incompatible unless your amp was modified specifically for the 6FD7.  Jack didn't modify the amp for the 6FD7 as standard until early summer.

Oct 1, 2010 at 12:48 AM Post #5,875 of 42,298
Argh.  You people. 
tongue_smile.gif

I tried.  I tried so hard to resist.  But all this talk of TSRs.... and from the seller I've had saved in my eBay watch list for months.  Knowing he is about to run out I just don't think I can resist any longer.

I guess the way I see it is the price on these is never going to go lower, so since I will end up with some at some point I'm sure I might as well go for a pair I know will be good.

Oct 1, 2010 at 3:09 AM Post #5,876 of 42,298
Quote:
He get back to me on group buy.  Due to his medical bill, he can not afford to lower it anymore than already low price compare to others that is listed.  He have 10 more if anyone is interested.

Thanks for the heads-up jc9394, I outta get a pair in reserves.

Oct 1, 2010 at 4:52 AM Post #5,877 of 42,298
I hate to say I told you all about the TSBGRP, but what the heck I told you.
bigsmile_face.gif

If you want to play in the big leagues you have to pay, or if you want to have a closet full of just light bulbs you still end up paying, its your choice.
wink.gif

Beware I have seen some of these TSRP with cracked base's, but not from this seller.
It has been said that a cracked base is still ok and maybe that's true, but I don't want any with a cracked base. So if the TSRP seems cheap ask the seller about the base.

Oct 1, 2010 at 6:33 AM Post #5,878 of 42,298

Quote:
Haha, you guys are right. I tried to stay away and lasted half of a day. Cheers to tubes.

jc9394, what do you think of the tsrp's?

I know this is very subjective, but in your eyes, are they worth it over other 6sn7 types?

I have not received my pair yet, it will be here on Saturday but I'm still in Chicago until next Friday, will let you know next weekend.

Quote:

I didn't think he would lower his price, its already a good price.

Remember two things with your new tubes.
1. The imprint on the glass is easy to rub off.
2. It is a good idea to always handle any tube with a base from it's base only.

Great, I will remember this.  I totally rubbed off all the marking on my metal base GZ34 before.

Quote:

Thanks for the heads-up jc9394, I outta get a pair in reserves.

I may do so too...

Quote:
I hate to say I told you all about the TSBGRP, but what the heck I told you.
bigsmile_face.gif

If you want to play in the big leagues you have to pay, or if you want to have a closet full of just light bulbs you still end up paying, its your choice.
wink.gif

I know, I know, we will learn from our newb mistake...

Oct 1, 2010 at 8:55 AM Post #5,879 of 42,298

Quote:
Alright guys, step up to the plate. I just ordered a pair of TSRP from Walt on eBay and installed them in my WA5. 

Well, I guess the Woo owner are buying them up now.  I check his listing again and now it showed 18 sold while yesterday when I brought mines is only 8 sold.  Need to find fund for a backup pair...

Oct 1, 2010 at 9:22 AM Post #5,880 of 42,298
I've just ordered a back up pair from him also. Can't stand the thought of being without a set if anything happens to the ones I've got. I don't know the history of these I have already so not sure how long they'll last. They sound sublime but are nothing to look at, no lettering on the glass etc, definately not NOS.

I had an extended listen to them in my WA6 last night and I have to say everything people say is true. Everything seems so 3D, so perfect in every way. If any of you guys are sitting on the fence wondering if you should buy a set, just do it because these will only go up in price as they become more and more rare to find. Walt has the licence to print money the way I see it......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back