Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Sep 7, 2010 at 4:48 AM Post #5,192 of 42,298

Quote:

You also can order from Jac Music, they offer 30 days and 1 year warranty as option.

Which EML rectifier are you and Darku referring to: Mesh, Solid, 274B or 5U4G? Monday night, I was all set to put my wallet away for the month of September. And I did. Hid it real good! Until I realized I needed milk from the goodie store to start the week... and FORGOT to remove my driver's license. Upon my return, I checked email, logged on to read 'Woo Audio Owner Unite' and well... you know how these attempts end! 

Many of you here are just bad influences - with posts that reads so good, so right!

Sep 7, 2010 at 5:21 AM Post #5,193 of 42,298

Quote:
Which EML rectifier are you and Darku referring to: Mesh, Solid, 274B or 5U4G? Monday night, I was all set to put my wallet away for the month of September. And I did. Hid it real good! Until I realized I needed milk from the goodie store to start the week... and FORGOT to remove my driver's license. Upon my return, I checked email, logged on to read 'Woo Audio Owner Unite' and well... you know how these attempts end! 

Many of you here are just bad influences - with posts that reads so good, so right!

There is nowhere to hide your wallet as I've mentioned somewhere here unless you hide yourself or don't access to internet and HeadFi.
biggrin.gif
  BTW, the rectifiers I use are EML 5U4G Mesh Plate.

Sep 7, 2010 at 8:30 AM Post #5,195 of 42,298

Quote:

There is nowhere to hide your wallet as I've mentioned somewhere here unless you hide yourself or don't access to internet and HeadFi.
biggrin.gif
  BTW, the rectifiers I use are EML 5U4G Mesh Plate.

You referring to my last message to stay away as far as possible to you all???

Sep 7, 2010 at 8:57 AM Post #5,199 of 42,298

Quote:
I received a bad pair od SG CV181-Z on Monday. Return to seller for refund.

One tube in my matched pair was DOA also. Seller replaced them though and second set was fine. Seller said it was unusual to have a fault.

Anyhow mine are back in my WA6 as the Green Label Sylvanias I bought are just too bright to listen to for long periods. For short term monitering they would be superb because the level of detail is astonishing, for fun listening though I'm afraid they suck! So for me until the TS BG Round Plates get here the Treasures are still the ones to beat....

Sep 7, 2010 at 9:34 AM Post #5,203 of 42,298

Quote:
This is so true, too. I cannot agree more.

Yes, it is.  My wallet hates me...

Quote:
That is so true.  I used to be happy with cheap and crappy gear, and not to mention I had more money in my pocket, too.

What money, my wallet is always empty after I joined.  (Actually, I was really good before. Joined HF in 2006 gets my advice and stay away for 2 years, comes back for more advice as I wants to try tube and here I'm)

Sep 7, 2010 at 9:48 AM Post #5,204 of 42,298

Quote:
That is so true.  I used to be happy with cheap and crappy gear, and not to mention I had more money in my pocket, too.

A year ago I was happy with no gear at all. I didn't even know what a Woo was until I bought my first tube amp and realized that it didn't have a headphone jack so I did a few quick Google searches and looked a images and came across a cute headphone amp. Upon zooming in on the face plate I notice the name WOOAUDIO. At first I thought Whoa Audio. As in "Whoa, that's cool looking." The rest is history. And history for my wallet as well. But I'm all happy.
biggrin.gif

Sep 7, 2010 at 10:21 AM Post #5,205 of 42,298
And yet we keep ploughing money into this hobby like there is no tomorrow...... My 6F8G Tung-Sol Black Glass Round Plates left Radio Electric Supply (Vacuumetubes.net) today :)

My next significant purchase for my WA6 I suspect will be the EML5U4G Mesh Plate, I already have my Pro-forma Invoice from Jac Van de Walle but I keep looking at it and thinking wow that's a lot of dosh for one tube annnnnnnnnd I do already have the Princess. Oh man, someone tell me what to do!! Should I get it??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back