Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Feb 23, 2010 at 7:04 PM Post #2,536 of 42,298
Quote:

Originally Posted by midoo1990 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i could have taken this to pm with him,but with such attitude i dont think he would even look at my pms.i am sorry guys if i have taken this matter this far,i will stop now and let the impressions flow.

Midoo1990,
When I ordered my first Woo in Sept. 2009 I got so excited about the order and very impatient because of the wait that I shared that giddiness with everyone on this thread but never was made fun of. I am sorry to hear that these unfortunate exchanges have happened. At any rate, welcome to the club and I know you'll get hundreds of hours of listening pleasure and a few headaches along the way from trying to roll just the right tubes! I'll offer some help along the way if I can.

Feb 23, 2010 at 7:32 PM Post #2,537 of 42,298
thanks Clayton really appreciate it,i will definetly need for your help when i want to fiddle with tubes
biggrin.gif

Feb 23, 2010 at 7:46 PM Post #2,538 of 42,298
As of 8:30 am central time today, i am a proud owner of a WA6, black, with (now standard) pseudo dual power supply.
icon10.gif

aside from a doofus mistake of not knowing it comes without a power cord, everything else is great.
I had to borrow a power cord from an unused cpu at work. hahaha. what a newbie i am!!
i only got to listen for about 15 minutes during my lunch hour, but i must say this thing has juice to spare.
it powered my DT990 600 ohms to a loudness that made the skin on my face tingle.
beyersmile.png

not that i'll be listening at that level. i just had to know how loud it would go...

i can also honestly say that when i first turned it on i was pretty underwhelmed. then, over the first couple minutes as the tubes warmed up, it just went kaboom, and the sound just really started making the air move! if you know what i mean...
redface.gif

i was sad to have to go back to work...

Feb 23, 2010 at 7:49 PM Post #2,539 of 42,298
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWuss /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As of 8:30 am central time today, i am a proud owner of a WA6, black, with (now standard) pseudo dual power supply.
icon10.gif

aside from a doofus mistake of not knowing it comes without a power cord, everything else is great.
I had to borrow a power cord from an unused cpu at work. hahaha. what a newbie i am!!
i only got to listen for about 15 minutes during my lunch hour, but i must say this thing has juice to spare.
it powered my DT990 600 ohms to a loudness that made the skin on my face tingle.
beyersmile.png

not that i'll be listening at that level. i just had to know how loud it would go...

i can also honestly say that when i first turned it on i was pretty underwhelmed. then, over the first couple minutes as the tubes warmed up, it just went kaboom, and the sound just really started making the air move! if you know what i mean...
redface.gif

i was sad to have to go back to work...

Welcome to the club, and welcome to Midoo too.

Feb 23, 2010 at 8:33 PM Post #2,541 of 42,298
Have any other WA6 owners noticed that their amp vibrates to the music?

If you turn up your music a bit, and place your finger on the volume nob, press down slightly, and sit still, you'll feel what I'm talking about.

At first I thought I still had my speakers on, but they were off.

Is this...normal :). Are the tubes just pulsing to the tunes?

Feb 23, 2010 at 8:39 PM Post #2,542 of 42,298
thanks, st3ve!
i'm glad to be a member of the club!
for what it's worth, jack wu is one of the finest businessmen i've ever had the pleasure of buying something from.
a total stand-up guy. honest, fair, cordial.
and, he quoted me a delivery time for the WA6, and beat it by a couple days. of course, your mileage may vary, but i have absolutely nothing but the utmost respect for Woo Audio.
cheers!

Feb 23, 2010 at 8:55 PM Post #2,543 of 42,298
Quote:

Originally Posted by danmagicman7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you turn up your music a bit, and place your finger on the volume nob, press down slightly, and sit still, you'll feel what I'm talking about.

I've never noticed that with any tube amps. It may be the transformer that's vibrating?

Feb 23, 2010 at 10:00 PM Post #2,544 of 42,298
Quote:

Just checked my WA6. Even at high volume levels, there's no noticeable vibration. Anyone else?

Feb 23, 2010 at 10:03 PM Post #2,545 of 42,298
Nope! No vibration here!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superfrag /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a pair of 6FD7's with the Sophia Princess. Are there better driver tubes or the 6FD7's are good enough?

Anyone?
Im pairing my WA6 with the K701 and the W1000(and soon to come HF2)

Also, which cables are you'll using for interconnects? Right now my whole system is connected and powered by monoprice cables. Was thinking of getting cables from Blue Jeans.

Feb 23, 2010 at 10:07 PM Post #2,546 of 42,298
Quote:

Nope, I can't feel any vibration (WA 6)

Quote:

Nope! No vibration here!

Anyone?
Im pairing my WA6 with the K701 and the W1000(and soon to come HF2)

Also, which cables are you'll using for interconnects? Right now my whole system is connected and powered by monoprice cables. Was thinking of getting cables from Blue Jeans.

I'm using 6FD7's (RCAs and GE's) with my K701s. I also have RCA 6DE7's. The 6FD7's are definitely my favorites with the 701s, to my ears, they improved the bass response of the AKG's. My interconnects are nothing to write home about, regular Acoustic Research RCAs.

cheers!

Feb 23, 2010 at 10:19 PM Post #2,548 of 42,298
Quote:

I'm using Blue Jeans Cable LC-1 cables. My WA6 is 16 feet away from my preamp/DAC and I have ZERO noise or issues. Very good quality cable for non-exorbitant pricing.

Feb 24, 2010 at 2:15 AM Post #2,549 of 42,298
I also have LC-1 for speaker setup, and they are great. Very well constructed and the contact is great too.

For my headphone rig, I use the Transcendence from PS audio

Feb 24, 2010 at 2:59 AM Post #2,550 of 42,298
Quote:

Originally Posted by sillysally /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For your 701 headphones and WA6SE my recommendation for tubes are 6EW7 RCA big bottle silver top tip (circa 1963 if you can find them or newer is fine) and the New EML 5U4G mesh.

ss

Based on information I've read from takezo and others I was planning to start with the 5V4G because of its reputation for a lush midrange. Nearly everything I listen to, be it speaker or headphone, sounds too bright. Thin and piercing. I'm planning to try a wide variety of tubes to find whichever combo is the darkest sounding without being veiled or obscuring texture and detail retrieval. Do you think any of the EML tubes would do a better job of this than the Sophia? I'd pay the price premium if they match the detail of the Princess but offer a more relaxed top end, but I really don't want to go around buying rectifiers at this price just to experiment. Many thanks for sharing your opinions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back