Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Dec 5, 2009 at 11:00 PM Post #1,561 of 42,298
Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Moondog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's great to hear Clayton ... since I'm not far behind you with my order date.
rolleyes.gif

Guess I'll start my drinking now!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clayton SF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hear, hear! It's a cause for celebration on both our ends.
beerchug.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by atbglenn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ummmmm.... maybe I shouldn't say anything
biggrin.gif

eek.gif
Glenn, get your mind out of the gutter ! ! !
Now as I was saying: Hear, hear! It's a cause for celebration for the both of us.
beerchug.gif

Dec 6, 2009 at 12:05 AM Post #1,562 of 42,298
I am extremely impressed by Woo's customer service. Jack wrote to me today saying that the noise in my amp is very low, and they are including a 5GZ4 (I did a Google search but couldn't find it...perhaps it's the 5AR4?) instead of the 5U4G because it is a quieter tube. My amp will be shipped out on Monday! I'm as excited as if I were getting it for the first time!
beerchug.gif

Dec 6, 2009 at 12:15 AM Post #1,563 of 42,298
I'll be a new owner of the WA6 tomorrow, should everything go through smoothly with the local sale.
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm hoping these will be my final solution for the HD650's (not as much for my K701 as I'm hearing mixed reviews about the synergy between the two). Btw, is the Pseudo Dual Power Supply upgrade THAT much of a must for the WA6? I'm of course going to try the default setup tomorrow and see how much I like it, but in terms of percentage how much does the PDPS improve the SQ?

Either way, I'm seriously done with amps after this as I really don't see myself spending over this range. Hope WA6 is one of the best around for anything below $500.

Dec 6, 2009 at 1:24 AM Post #1,564 of 42,298
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAudioDude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am extremely impressed by Woo's customer service. Jack wrote to me today saying that the noise in my amp is very low, and they are including a 5GZ4 (I did a Google search but couldn't find it...perhaps it's the 5AR4?) instead of the 5U4G because it is a quieter tube. My amp will be shipped out on Monday! I'm as excited as if I were getting it for the first time!
beerchug.gif

F A N T A S T I C !
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Dec 8, 2009 at 1:44 AM Post #1,565 of 42,298
Just ordered my WA6 Maxed. I hope this is worth it.

Dec 8, 2009 at 1:47 AM Post #1,566 of 42,298
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorry About Your Wallet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just ordered my WA6 Maxed. I hope this is worth it.

I would hope so too after reading your ID.
darthsmile.gif

Dec 8, 2009 at 2:18 AM Post #1,567 of 42,298
My Woo WES arrived today - I got the three boxes unpacked and partially assembled, but I need to adjust the shelf height on my Salamander rack. I only wish I had the 36" rack instead of the 28" one.

Then I have to find the nice power cable I got from Blutarsky, as I set it aside somewhere safe to use with this, and now can't find it.

Dec 8, 2009 at 6:25 AM Post #1,569 of 42,298
My WA22 was shipped on Friday and it arrived this Monday morning. My neighbor signed for it and I had to wait all day before I was able to rush home to open THE BOX! Click on this link for interior photos! --->MobileMe Gallery<--- I'm in heaven. Well almost. I just hope I don't stay up until 3 AM listening to it. I have to work tomorrow!
beyersmile.png

Dec 8, 2009 at 6:55 AM Post #1,570 of 42,298
Have fun Larry, I am with mine. was worth the wait!

Dec 8, 2009 at 2:09 PM Post #1,571 of 42,298
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clayton SF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My WA22 was shipped on Friday and it arrived this Monday morning. My neighbor signed for it and I had to wait all day before I was able to rush home to open THE BOX! Click on this link for interior photos! --->MobileMe Gallery<--- I'm in heaven. Well almost. I just hope I don't stay up until 3 AM listening to it. I have to work tomorrow!
beyersmile.png

I am happy for you. Please tell us what do you think. Thanks for the pictures.

Dec 8, 2009 at 3:15 PM Post #1,573 of 42,298
Quote:

Originally Posted by OutdoorXplorer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I came across a SPL Phonitor and I would whether that will outperform a Maxxed WA6SE? Anyone have both to A/B?

Me too, and if anyone has compare the 4 boards balanced Beta 22 also, many thanks in advance.
beerchug.gif

Dec 8, 2009 at 3:35 PM Post #1,574 of 42,298
I've owned Phoenix in the past. It may not be up to par with B22, but should be similar in sound. I will give my impression once I get my hands on my WA22.

Dec 8, 2009 at 3:37 PM Post #1,575 of 42,298
Seamaster, how long should I break in the components-other-than tubes--cap, etc. before I start to roll tubes? Also, my WA22 came with the smallest octal rectifier I've seen. The 5Z4G diameter is less than the 6SN7!

P1000569.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back