Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Jan 29, 2015 at 11:16 AM Post #32,492 of 42,298

Does it have the Heerlen factory code? (I ask because I thought that these were usually made by Siemens.)

Hmm... I don't know (RE: factory code), but from what I've read, Philips is known for the SQ brand (which are simply higher quality versions of the ExxCC models - they flipped the letters and numbers to indicate higher quality). It does seem to have characteristics I've read the tube should have: the 4 fold seams, the halo top-getter, taller bottle, white label ink...

I've also read that the E288CCs were often sold by Siemens but were really re-branded Philips tubes.

​I suppose they could be fakes, but they sure sound great and with zero noise. I also have a set of Telefunken E188CC which sound very good, maybe similar? (and these do have factory date codes and the diamond shape on the bottom of the glass).

Jan 29, 2015 at 4:18 PM Post #32,493 of 42,298
More 7n7 than what I know to do with.  There is short tube, tall tube, black glass, and chrome dome.  Hope I could find one of these to be worth while.  No big loss if they all just okay since it come pretty cheap anyway.

Jan 29, 2015 at 4:25 PM Post #32,494 of 42,298
  More 7n7 than what I know to do with.  There is short tube, tall tube, black glass, and chrome dome.  Hope I could find one of these to be worth while.  No big loss if they all just okay since it come pretty cheap anyway.

You can never have too many tubes... 
beerchug.gif

Jan 29, 2015 at 9:25 PM Post #32,496 of 42,298

Jan 30, 2015 at 4:21 AM Post #32,497 of 42,298
Hi Guys  - has anyone here dealt with JacMusic for tubes. I bought some EML 300bs from them and was speaking to Jac himself. I payed the money on Friday and he said that they would ship Monday but he has not answered any emails since and sent no tracking info. 

Its Friday now and no tubes - it shouldn't take that long to get to Ireland from Europe. 

Could someone maybe email him and see if he replies so I can find out if he is avoiding my emails. I think its strange that he has not replied since I payed the money on Friday. 

Thanks 

Paddy

Jan 30, 2015 at 5:47 AM Post #32,498 of 42,298
Jan 30, 2015 at 5:49 AM Post #32,499 of 42,298
  Hi Guys  - has anyone here dealt with JacMusic for tubes. I bought some EML 300bs from them and was speaking to Jac himself. I payed the money on Friday and he said that they would ship Monday but he has not answered any emails since and sent no tracking info. 

Its Friday now and no tubes - it shouldn't take that long to get to Ireland from Europe. 

Could someone maybe email him and see if he replies so I can find out if he is avoiding my emails. I think its strange that he has not replied since I payed the money on Friday. 

Thanks 

Paddy

Paddy,

I know Jac slipped on some ice and broke his foot. He normally gets tracking out immediately. I will PM you his mobile no.

If not there's a pair here if you need them.....

Jan 30, 2015 at 6:48 AM Post #32,500 of 42,298
  Paddy,

I know Jac slipped on some ice and broke his foot. He normally gets tracking out immediately. I will PM you his mobile no.

If not there's a pair here if you need them.....

I already payed him - the reason I didn't buy the tubes off you was mainly  because of shipping time from Oz - I need them for a meet this weekend. 
frown.gif

Jan 30, 2015 at 6:50 AM Post #32,501 of 42,298
  I already payed him - the reason I didn't buy the tubes off you was mainly  because of shipping time from Oz - I need them for a meet this weekend. 
frown.gif

No worries , hope you get them soon and look forward to reading about your adventures with them.

Jan 30, 2015 at 6:57 AM Post #32,502 of 42,298

No worries , hope you get them soon and look forward to reading about your adventures with them.

I just called him there- he shipped yesterday - I'll have them next week. 

Jan 30, 2015 at 7:07 AM Post #32,503 of 42,298
So In other news - I got the 6f8g's today to pair with the brimar rects. Still stock 300b but man the sound. Sweet****sticks!!!!!!!! 
Can't wait for the EML's now

Jan 30, 2015 at 8:38 AM Post #32,504 of 42,298
Today I also received my first pair of 6F8G (VT99) and I only can say WoW :)

I think it is the first time I am hear the real magic of the WA5

Jan 30, 2015 at 9:00 AM Post #32,505 of 42,298
  So In other news - I got the 6f8g's today to pair with the brimar rects. Still stock 300b but man the sound. Sweet****sticks!!!!!!!! 
Can't wait for the EML's now

The round plates/black glass 6F8G tubes are my favorite drivers in my WA5-LE. I am running a pair of Tungsol with the EML 300B Mesh and Chemler U52 and love the sound.The flat plates (Sylvania) are very good too but 1 step behind the round plates.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back