Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Jun 11, 2009 at 12:06 PM Post #76 of 42,299
Nice Dannie
normal_smile .gif
How do you like your Tung Sol 6CY7's compared to 6DE7's?

Jun 11, 2009 at 12:46 PM Post #79 of 42,299
Quote:

Originally Posted by SleepyOne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow Danny, that is some modding! The heat from the resistors are scary! How does the sounds changes from the original 6SE?

Yeah SleepyOne, one word at first is [size=medium]"WORTH"[/size].
biggrin.gif

I have all parts with about 120hrs burn-in, another 400hrs at least to go to have all parts being settled . Darker the background, it sounds really awesome, clarity, crispy, more airy in highs. Very good seperation, sweeter, clearer in mids, no hissing at all. The bass is now become tightened, punchy, impactful and solid. Tons of power reserved, never dail the volume knob over 11 O' clock even in low gain recording. It worth every penny I spent for the parts although they are expensive.

Sorry about my lousy English to describe how wonderful sound from the WA6SE with up-grade parts, thanks Jack.
beerchug.gif

Jun 11, 2009 at 1:22 PM Post #81 of 42,299
Quote:

Originally Posted by dannie01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry about my lousy English to describe how wonderful sound from the WA6SE with up-grade parts, thanks Jack.
beerchug.gif

Dannie, go easy on yourself regarding the english...let's try conversing in your native langauge and see how I do!! Lousy, that's how I'd do...

Jun 11, 2009 at 1:28 PM Post #82 of 42,299
Quote:

Originally Posted by indydieselnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dannie, go easy on yourself regarding the english...let's try conversing in your native langauge and see how I do!! Lousy, that's how I'd do...

HAHA! I'd probably do a lot worse than you. I never learned another language other than a few choice words in Spanish. I wont say what they are! LOL!

Dannie, your communication skills are just fine
smile.gif

Jun 12, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #85 of 42,299
Jun 12, 2009 at 2:25 AM Post #87 of 42,299
Quote:

Originally Posted by atbglenn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just joined
smily_headphones1.gif

Just joined too
normal_smile .gif

Jun 12, 2009 at 2:49 AM Post #88 of 42,299
Does anyone know if any of the WooAudio tube amps are capable of working well with low impedance cans such as the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pros (80 ohm) or the Ultrasone Pro 900? Sorry, I've never used tube amps and I was very interested in getting one for using with a Sennheiser hd650. I just wanted to know whether it'd be good with lower impedance cans as well, possibly Grado's as well?

Jun 12, 2009 at 3:08 AM Post #89 of 42,299
Quote:

Originally Posted by trigg3rhappy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone know if any of the WooAudio tube amps are capable of working well with low impedance cans such as the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pros (80 ohm) or the Ultrasone Pro 900? Sorry, I've never used tube amps and I was very interested in getting one for using with a Sennheiser hd650. I just wanted to know whether it'd be good with lower impedance cans as well, possibly Grado's as well?

Speaking for myself, I bought the WA6SE specifically for low-impedance 'phones like my GS1000i's. Jack from Woo can answer more intelligently, but the WA6SE in particular is VERY powerful into low-impedances and sounds incredible!

Jun 12, 2009 at 3:12 AM Post #90 of 42,299
Quote:

Originally Posted by h.rav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just joined too
normal_smile .gif

I joined too...thanks for point pointing it out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back