Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Aug 23, 2010 at 8:08 PM Post #4,906 of 42,298
Man guys the T1 sounds incredible on my WA3+!! Too bad I have to send them back off to debitsohn soon... On the flip side my pair should arrive Wednesday or Thursday!!

Aug 23, 2010 at 8:12 PM Post #4,907 of 42,298
so, how was the reterminating?  as easy as expected?

in other news, my adapters from glenn arrived today.  woo hoo!!

now, if those 6sn7s will just get here, i'll ready to go... 
biggrin.gif

Aug 23, 2010 at 8:17 PM Post #4,908 of 42,298
So jealous.  Must not have envy.  Must not want.  Must not be jealous.  Oh hell, it's useless.  I officially hate you forever.  

Kidding.  Happy to hear you were able to get something you really wanted.

Quote:
Man guys the T1 sounds incredible on my WA3+!! Too bad I have to send them back off to debitsohn soon... On the flip side my pair should arrive Wednesday or Thursday!!

Aug 23, 2010 at 8:29 PM Post #4,909 of 42,298
Re-terminating them was so effortless as they use a Neutrik plug. It took me only 20 minutes to do.

The WA3+ gives them so much power man! They sound incredible when powered my the Woo and the Roc. Out of curiosity I plugged them into my brother's ipod and guess what? They sounded great!! No I'm kidding they sounded very bad out of the ipod.

I can say the Sylvania 7236 tubes matches with them very nicely! It gives them more speed as well as a slightly brighter sound.
Quote:
so, how was the reterminating?  as easy as expected?

in other news, my adapters from glenn arrived today.  woo hoo!!

now, if those 6sn7s will just get here, i'll ready to go... 
biggrin.gif

Aug 23, 2010 at 9:37 PM Post #4,910 of 42,298

Quote: Danny
That's it the end of the initial comparison of the WA22 and the WA5LE in 5 hours after the WA5LE get connected.

Sorry for my lousy English, also I'm bad in writing this kind of article and describing sound.

Edit.

P.S. The WA5LE sounds very good indeed, as I've mentioned above, this is an un-fair comparison. If the EML 5U4G mesh plate arrived and have the better RCA cables swapped. I'm sure the WA5LE will perform much better. Will up-date later.

Glad the amp made the journey safe and sound.  I have missed it sorely while waiting for my new amp.  You were a pleasure to deal with and I have very much enjoyed our email conversations -you are a genuine nice guy.  I hope that by the time you get all your tubes and everything settled, that you will be glad for the purchase.  My WA5 should be here Wednesday!

And actually, your english is pretty darn good!

Aug 23, 2010 at 10:33 PM Post #4,911 of 42,298

Quote:
So the Woo Audio thread starter and our jolly ole' buddy ole' pale dannie01 has concurred all his demons and finally stepped his game up with the WA5-LE.

It may not be as strong as musicman59's 'The Black Beauty', it may not burn  with the same caliber as the B.B  , but it inherits the same personification with the passion to decrypt anything in living sight.. No...... this is not just a regular amp, this is an unholy spirit left to wander the graveyards of our fallen ancestors. 

Folks, this is.... THE SILVER BANSHEE -  and it's ready to dismantle anything that gets in its way. Gratz on the WA5-LE danny boy, now please keep us updated on how well she rides the storm 
evil_smiley.gif

This whole post put a smile on my face. 
smile_phones.gif
  It helped remind me that all of this is supposed to be for fun and the passion of the music.  I tend to turn it into an obsession to be worried over at times.

Aug 23, 2010 at 11:59 PM Post #4,913 of 42,298

Quote:
Hey guys, I have my new babe arrived this afternoon at 5pm, look awesome, much bigger than expected and than in the pics can tell. As strong as what Jack's other products I've owned, built like a tank.

I was using the Brimar in the WA5LE when I started listening as mentioned. The highs and mids is not as clear as I can remember from the WA22, vocal is not the as warm and fluid. A bit narrowed soundstage. Bass is not as tight and impact than WA22. I then swapped the CV-1988 by the TS 6SN7 in the WA5LE. Magic is here. The TS make a huge difference both in the WA5LE and WA22, the WA5LE come close to the WA22 almost in all spectrums, much more air in highs and detail, a bit smoother mids and vocal, warmer; the bass is tighter and bit lower note can be heard.

Let it run for another hour, I swapped the power cords. There is another magic, highs more open, the vocal become much better, warm, fluid and smoother. Bass is much under control, more powerful and impact. Soundstage a bit wider but not as wide as WA22 and more instrument seperation.

Sorry for my lousy English, also I'm bad in writing this kind of article and describing sound.

Edit.
P.S. The WA5LE sounds very good indeed, as I've mentioned above, this is an un-fair comparison. If the EML 5U4G mesh plate arrived and have the better RCA cables swapped. I'm sure the WA5LE will perform much better. Will up-date later.

Congrats,

I think you will hear a improvement when you get your EML 5U4G's . Don't know how the Princess 300B sounds, but I was told the the Princes solid plate (i think graphite) is a good sounding 300B.
I like the Black Sands Violet Z1 power cord, but the biggest impact for the Z1 would be on your source player.
And of course there's the NOS WE 300B's (before the mid 60's) teamed with your NOS TSRP, not only do you get the magic of the highs and lows from the TSRP's but the magic mids from the WE 300B. imo a match made in heaven.

ss

Aug 24, 2010 at 12:38 AM Post #4,914 of 42,298
Really appreciated for all you guys' kind support.

Quote:

Folks, this is.... THE SILVER BANSHEE -  and it's ready to dismantle anything that gets in its way. Gratz on the WA5-LE danny boy, now please keep us updated on how well she rides the storm 
evil_smiley.gif

Thanks David, this is not an easy decision in the beginning when I'm thinking of this up-grade. I was struggling on the WA5LE and the Balancing Act, of course the BA would cost lot more than the WA5LE. But finally I stay with all you guys here, remain a fanboy of Woo amp.

Hey John, yeah, you rock and keep me stay here continue be a fanboy of Woo's product, thanks.

Sure will keep up-date here when the EML arrived and the RCA cable swapped.

Quote:
great amp dannie01!!  Just FYI, the WA5 is an amp that changes very drastically with burn of tubes and caps.  I have the premium upgrades and it took about a month for the amp to settle down.  At first I didn't think the amp sounded very open or dynamic, but it opened up very nicely over time.  Tubes make a huge difference also in sound, but can be very expensive with nicer 300B tubes.

Btw, what power cord are you using?  I still have a crappy one connected to mine and am looking for some recomendations.

Agree, monsieurguzel. the WA5LE is really great after some burn-in last night. As I've learn from the previous owner, the total time in use of this amp is about 100 hrs only, far from the time of the component being settled.

For the PC in my WA5LE, please see this LINK for more information, it's from Sweden.

Quote:

Glad the amp made the journey safe and sound.  I have missed it sorely while waiting for my new amp.  You were a pleasure to deal with and I have very much enjoyed our email conversations -you are a genuine nice guy.  I hope that by the time you get all your tubes and everything settled, that you will be glad for the purchase.  My WA5 should be here Wednesday!

And actually, your english is pretty darn good!

Hi David, thanks for the kind words. You too are also a nice gentleman to deal with. As I've mention, the crates are arrived in perfect shape and condition and your exceptional extra effort on the re-enforcement work on the packages is appreciated.

Hope you'll enjoy your new combo of toys that would be arrived shortly.

Aug 24, 2010 at 12:40 AM Post #4,915 of 42,298

Quote:
Hi David, thanks for the kind words. You too are also a nice gentleman to deal with. As I've mention, the crates are arrived in perfect shape and condition and your exceptional extra effort on the re-enforcement work on the packages is appreciated.

Hope you'll enjoy your new combo of toys that would be arrived shortly.

dannie01. So how long did it take to ship your WA5LE from the continental USA to Hong Kong?

Aug 24, 2010 at 12:45 AM Post #4,916 of 42,298

Quote:

Congrats,

I think you will hear a improvement when you get your EML 5U4G's . Don't know how the Princess 300B sounds, but I was told the the Princes solid plate (i think graphite) is a good sounding 300B.
I like the Black Sands Violet Z1 power cord, but the biggest impact for the Z1 would be on your source player.
And of course there's the NOS WE 300B's (before the mid 60's) teamed with your NOS TSRP, not only do you get the magic of the highs and lows from the TSRP's but the magic mids from the WE 300B. imo a match made in heaven.

ss

Thanks ss, the Sophia 300B now in my amp is a mesh plate. Will try KRs or EMLs 300B sometimes later. I can wonder the magic sound about the NOS WE300B but it's kinda treasure to me, can't touch but imagine. Great to know you've got a pair and it work good with the TSRP.

Aug 24, 2010 at 12:51 AM Post #4,917 of 42,298

Quote:

dannie01. So how long did it take to ship your WA5LE from the continental USA to Hong Kong?

From the shipping information received to my door step, 6 days (18 - 23 Aug), unbelievable fast for Fedex international economy. But they're pretty funny to split the 2 crates in 2 different fleight to HK, one arrived and decleared by custom on 21st but the other on 23rd.

Aug 24, 2010 at 12:54 AM Post #4,918 of 42,298

Quote:
As for the adapter, ask Glenn the cost plus shipping as mine may be not be appropriate since it includes shipping to Malaysia. The green label tubes are pretty reasonable and they are all over eBay. I am listening to greater low range of frequencies in comparison with 6EW7 tubes. Hope this helps.

Yes, you're of great help. I contacted Glenn this afternoon; sending his PayPal info Tuesday. As luck would have it, I ordered a pair of 6FD7 tubes last week, just days before finding out about the 6SN7 adapters. They arrived today with one DOA outta the box. So, I still don't know what my first 'Roll' sounds like. Wouldn't be surprised if I got going with the 6SN7s before the 6FD7s... 

Aug 24, 2010 at 12:56 AM Post #4,919 of 42,298
Congratulations Danny, enjoy your new amp!
It's a great amp.

Aug 24, 2010 at 1:04 AM Post #4,920 of 42,298

Quote:
From the shipping information received to my door step, 6 days (18 - 23 Aug), unbelievable fast for Fedex international economy. But they're pretty funny to split the 2 crates in 2 different fleight to HK, one arrived and decleared by custom on 21st but the other on 23rd.

Those crates with the amps look extremely heavy. Like they could have been part of the blocks of stones that make up one of the Great Pyramids of Giza. Very impressive. I must say that that amp blows away the competition by just looking at it. I mean, it doesn't look like you have to turn it on to enjoy it! It's Massive! Congratulations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back