Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Feb 19, 2021 at 1:41 PM Post #41,161 of 42,298
We find it "interesting" that you asked for a FULL refund instead of a replacement which we offered to send.

We gave you a FULL refund.
:thinking:

Feb 19, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #41,162 of 42,298
Man the escalated fast. I have a feeling there was more conversation that we aren’t aware of.

Feb 19, 2021 at 4:44 PM Post #41,163 of 42,298
We find it "interesting" that you asked for a FULL refund instead of a replacement which we offered to send.

We gave you a FULL refund.
I didn't want to take the risk again because this is not the first time FedEx Lost my parcel it happened before, I changed my mind on the replacement because I don't wanna wait again and same thing might repeat, instead I bought another Little Dot Amp which is also smaller in size so I can take it easily with me outside when Im working overseas. Thank you for the Full Refund even though I didn't receive the exact amount I paid to purchase wa2.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2021 at 5:12 PM Post #41,164 of 42,298
Man the escalated fast. I have a feeling there was more conversation that we aren’t aware of.
There wasn't any more conversation,Woo told me they will have to go through with the Fedex insurance claim if I want replacement/refund, and I went for refund because there isn't any guarantee that fedex/other delivery services will deliver my order to the right place.

Feb 20, 2021 at 6:20 AM Post #41,165 of 42,298
When your up at 5:00 in the morning, listening to Mahler’s Symphony No. 5 in C sharp minor Part III. Abteilung, through your Woo WA22 and you start to get a little teary eyed, is it because you wish you had a WA33, or was old Gustav a pretty good composer?

Feb 20, 2021 at 10:03 AM Post #41,166 of 42,298
When your up at 5:00 in the morning, listening to Mahler’s Symphony No. 5 in C sharp minor Part III. Abteilung, through your Woo WA22 and you start to get a little teary eyed, is it because you wish you had a WA33, or was old Gustav a pretty good composer?

I have felt that feeling!

Feb 20, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #41,167 of 42,298
I think I have learned a lesson from Woo Audio, the Guy name Mike on Woo audio told me that I'll need a police report for my Refund/Replacement cause Fedex Lost my Parcel LOL but Fedex escalation team told me that I do not need any report because their search for my missing order was negative so the shipper(Woo Audio) needs to deal with them with the claim for my Refund/Replacement, I think Woo Audio is now wasting my time.

I'm glad to read that your issues seems to be resolved. I've never had any issues with Woo service, except that they charge a lot. Both my WA 6-SE and my WA 5-LE are great amps that got me off the upgrade merry go round. I've met Mike quite a few times over they years, at Can Jams and audio shows. I've always found him to be very friendly and happy to answer questions.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2021 at 1:47 PM Post #41,168 of 42,298
I'm glad to read that your issues seems to be resolved. I've never had any issues with Woo service, except that they charge a lot. Both my WA 6-SE and my WA 5-LE are great amps that got me off the upgrade merry go round. I've met Mike quite a few times over they years, at Can Jams and audio shows. I've always found him to be very friendly and happy to answer questions.
VandyMan, I too think that Mike Liang is a super nice guy, honest, and he really knows his products and what they can and can’t do. Even though my WA22 just adds that dollop of sweetness to my hp listening chain that I really like, I sometimes imagine how much more enjoyment I’d get from a WA33.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2021 at 2:30 PM Post #41,169 of 42,298
Even though my WA22 just adds that dollop of sweetness to my hp listening chain that I really like, I sometimes imagine how much more enjoyment I’d get from a WA33.

I really like the sound of SET amps, so for me it does not get any better than the WA-5 LE with excellent 300B tubes for driving my dynamic/planar headphones. I've heard the WA-33 and it is a great amp, but I prefer the WA-5, so I get to save $$$.

Feb 20, 2021 at 3:28 PM Post #41,170 of 42,298
My last amp was the WA5le, currently have the WA33. At times I miss the sweetness of the 300b in the WA5le. However some have run EML version of the 300b (2.5 I believe)in their WA33. I might try this to see if it brings back the feeling of the WA5, however the other things the WA33 does I wouldn't want to give up.

Feb 24, 2021 at 3:23 PM Post #41,172 of 42,298
I know most will say appearance doesn't matter, only the sound. I would say that is obviously the most important, but looks do matter. Who doesn't like to show off their audio jewelry. :jecklinsmile:

Feb 24, 2021 at 3:24 PM Post #41,173 of 42,298
I know most will say appearance doesn't matter, only the sound. I would say that is obviously the most important, but looks do matter. Who doesn't like to show off their audio jewelry. :jecklinsmile:
...or watch it perform as you listen... totally agree!

Feb 25, 2021 at 4:17 PM Post #41,174 of 42,298
I can't speaker everyone else, but I received my new WA-22 Gen2 last Saturday and I haven't stopped smiling since. This is the third Woo Audio amp that I've owned, having previously owned a Wa-22 gen1 and a WA-6SE that I just sold to move back up to a WA-22. All my dealings with Woo Audio have been through Mike and I couldn't be happier or more satisfied. Mike was always been very responsive and helpful in my purchases. While the Woo lineup of amps might be everyone's cup of tea so to speak, I can't think of another line of headphone amplifiers that are as well made, relatively trouble-free, and sound as good as theirs do. My new Wa-22 is being broken in and will be for a little while. It sounds great with the stock tubes it came with and I'm sure I'll be in the market for better tubes as it settles in. You know one of the best things about owning any Woo amp is that it's made here by a company that is very proud of the products that they make and sell and are there for their owners over the long haul. Thank you Mike, thank you Jack, and thanks to the staff at Woo Audio that make it all happen.
Respectfully,
Skip

Feb 25, 2021 at 4:36 PM Post #41,175 of 42,298
I've just purchased a HD650. I'm a big metal/heavy music fan, as well as newer folk/acoustic/indie guys like Iron and Wine, Ben Howard, etc. Is the WA6 going to be up my alley? Don't want to drop huge coin, but a used WA6 seems like a good value/performance level for these cans. Do they pair well? Any reason to look at the WA7 instead?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back