Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by dannie01, Jun 9, 2009.
  1. Jozurr
    So three times the price of the ones I linked and more expensive than the tubes themselves. I highly doubt the quality vs price here.
  2. watchdog507
    Price / Performance isn't the measure here. I wanted an all WOO system that looked and sounded good. The resale will still be higher for WOO adapters if I move on to another amp that doesn't use them.
  3. Badas
    Agreed. It's not often about price. Why by cheap when expensive will do. :smile_phones:

I got Glenn to make my adapters. I wanted the wires to go out the back so they weren't seen or in the way.

4. watchdog507
    I agree with the way that you've had Glen make the adapters with the cable out of line of sight.
    It's a great feature. Woo's school of thought must be if you have them flaunt them! Mine are definitely in your face.
  5. Badas
    I've got a set of those as well (in your face type). With the old school brown caps on top.
    They get a slight bit of noise with the wires out the side from the power tubes. I did notice a lower noise floor once they were out the back.

watchdog507 likes this.
  6. watchdog507
    Interesting about the noise. The wires are unshielded so it is possible that stray RFI could get captured. Mine are totally silent but I have Nordost and PS Audio AC12 power cables and a PS Audio P5 and Power Base filtering RFI, THD and providing regulated power.
  7. Badas
    I turn my remote controlled lights on and I get noise. Standard lights don't get noise.
    So the wires can pick up a bit.
  8. watchdog507
    Our whole house has Insteon wireless mesh and power line control. I think we have over 100 addresses but I haven’t heard any RFI fortunately.
  9. Badas
    I don't hear any either.

It can happen internally. Like my remote lights. I did an experiment years ago and put a cellphone next to a wire and that
    set it off.
    I keep my DAC away as much as possible as I had noted a old DAC set them off when it was too close.
  10. attmci
    Your amp is too sensitive. You should ask Woo Audio to rewire your transformer. :)
  11. Badas
    Interesting. It might explain why I had so many issues with noisy power tubes.

I'm in the wrong country to send back. So I will just live with it.
  12. HiFiGuy528
    eBay vs. ours.... you be the judge which has higher build quality.

s-l1600.jpg 13EM7 to 13DE7.jpg

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  13. Xecuter
    Do you guys make this for the wa33?
    I need some custom ones for 2a3 with super wide pins. Like AVVT and Fivre.
  14. Uri Cohen
    Hey guys, I need your help.

Was looking to try tubes for once. Currently using the Asgard 2 and Grados GH1 and GH2. So I was all set in buying the WA6-SE, until I emailed Woo myself. The rep actually recommend the WA2 for my Grados and having a really good sound signature.

So now I am confused, since the WA2 is a pure OTL amp, and those don't normally drive Grados too well. Perhaps the WA6-SE is still solid state sounding?

Any feedback would be nice. Thanks!
  15. abvolt
    Now that's a good idea looks great it has a very clean look to it, might have Glenn make me a pair if he has the time..enjoy
    Badas likes this.