Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Nov 8, 2017 at 12:25 AM Post #39,886 of 42,298
This is the Woo adapter cost from my emails: 6F8G $45 each and 596 adapter $100 each

So three times the price of the ones I linked and more expensive than the tubes themselves. I highly doubt the quality vs price here.

Nov 8, 2017 at 5:17 PM Post #39,888 of 42,298
Price / Performance isn't the measure here.

Agreed. It's not often about price. Why by cheap when expensive will do. :smile_phones:

I got Glenn to make my adapters. I wanted the wires to go out the back so they weren't seen or in the way.

165577.jpg

Nov 8, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #39,889 of 42,298
So three times the price of the ones I linked and more expensive than the tubes themselves. I highly doubt the quality vs price here.

Agreed. It's not often about price. Why by cheap when expensive will do. :smile_phones:

I got Glenn to make my adapters. I wanted the wires to go out the back so they weren't seen or in the way.

165577.jpg

I agree with the way that you've had Glen make the adapters with the cable out of line of sight.
It's a great feature. Woo's school of thought must be if you have them flaunt them! Mine are definitely in your face.

Nov 8, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #39,890 of 42,298
I agree with the way that you've had Glen make the adapters with the cable out of line of sight.
It's a great feature. Woo's school of thought must be if you have them flaunt them! Mine are definitely in your face.

I've got a set of those as well (in your face type). With the old school brown caps on top.
They get a slight bit of noise with the wires out the side from the power tubes. I did notice a lower noise floor once they were out the back.

163027.jpg

Nov 8, 2017 at 5:41 PM Post #39,891 of 42,298
Interesting about the noise. The wires are unshielded so it is possible that stray RFI could get captured. Mine are totally silent but I have Nordost and PS Audio AC12 power cables and a PS Audio P5 and Power Base filtering RFI, THD and providing regulated power.

Nov 8, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #39,892 of 42,298
Interesting about the noise. The wires are unshielded so it is possible that stray RFI could get captured. Mine are totally silent but I have Nordost and PS Audio AC12 power cables and a PS Audio P5 and Power Base filtering RFI, THD and providing regulated power.

I turn my remote controlled lights on and I get noise. Standard lights don't get noise.
So the wires can pick up a bit.

Nov 8, 2017 at 6:23 PM Post #39,894 of 42,298
Our whole house has Insteon wireless mesh and power line control. I think we have over 100 addresses but I haven’t heard any RFI fortunately.

I don't hear any either.

It can happen internally. Like my remote lights. I did an experiment years ago and put a cellphone next to a wire and that
set it off.
I keep my DAC away as much as possible as I had noted a old DAC set them off when it was too close.

Nov 8, 2017 at 7:30 PM Post #39,895 of 42,298
I don't hear any either.

It can happen internally. Like my remote lights. I did an experiment years ago and put a cellphone next to a wire and that
set it off.
I keep my DAC away as much as possible as I had noted a old DAC set them off when it was too close.
Your amp is too sensitive. You should ask Woo Audio to rewire your transformer. :)

Nov 8, 2017 at 7:35 PM Post #39,896 of 42,298
Your amp is too sensitive. You should ask Woo Audio to rewire your transformer. :)

Interesting. It might explain why I had so many issues with noisy power tubes.

I'm in the wrong country to send back. So I will just live with it.

Nov 9, 2017 at 9:46 PM Post #39,899 of 42,298
Hey guys, I need your help.

Was looking to try tubes for once. Currently using the Asgard 2 and Grados GH1 and GH2. So I was all set in buying the WA6-SE, until I emailed Woo myself. The rep actually recommend the WA2 for my Grados and having a really good sound signature.

So now I am confused, since the WA2 is a pure OTL amp, and those don't normally drive Grados too well. Perhaps the WA6-SE is still solid state sounding?

Any feedback would be nice. Thanks!

Nov 9, 2017 at 10:29 PM Post #39,900 of 42,298

165577.jpg
Now that's a good idea looks great it has a very clean look to it, might have Glenn make me a pair if he has the time..enjoy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back