Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Jul 18, 2016 at 4:14 PM Post #38,386 of 42,298
Wa22 SE for 5k? Ok, but for that asking price it should be able to compete with the other amps at the price point and not just in terms of looks.  Glenn's 300B and the Eddie Current amps comes to mind.  

Jul 18, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #38,387 of 42,298

Have you recently changed your mind? I thought you said the two amps sounded very close?

Nah!

I said 4 6BL7's were the closest to 300B tubes that I've heard. Tony's 300B amp is miles ahead.

Jul 18, 2016 at 7:29 PM Post #38,389 of 42,298

one day woo audio will be for rich people, not users with good jobs :' )

We still make WA3 ($599) and WA6 ($699). 
beerchug.gif

Rockin' new tubes on my personal WA6. 
biggrin.gif
 I love this little amp!

WA22-SE (prototype) currently outputs 10w @ 8 Ohms. It's a powerhouse!

Jul 18, 2016 at 7:36 PM Post #38,390 of 42,298
Rockin' new tubes on my personal WA6. :D  I love this little amp!

WA22-SE (prototype) currently outputs 10w @ 8 Ohms. It's a powerhouse!

10w @ 8 ohms? Sheesh. What would you think about hooking up a pair of efficient speakers with speaker tap adapters?

Obviously most usage usage would be for headphones but the possibility is nice.

Jul 18, 2016 at 9:06 PM Post #38,392 of 42,298
10w @ 8 ohms? Sheesh. What would you think about hooking up a pair of efficient speakers with speaker tap adapters?

Obviously most usage usage would be for headphones but the possibility is nice.

Is Woo going to offer a version with speaker taps?  You could run a nice pair of efficient speaker with that wattage.  What does the output look like with 6 and 4 ohms loads?

Jul 18, 2016 at 10:10 PM Post #38,393 of 42,298
@Shini44 appreciate the thoughts. No need to apologize for length.

Forgetting cost, it would be cool if the new WA22-SE offered speaker out. My weak 8W@8Ohms WA5 drives my Triton 3 tower speakers nicely. I don't feel like I'm getting the value out of buying into that option yet but I hook it up from time to time and it's a nice-to-have option. Before I touched the higher end of head-fi or knew how much stereos can cost these days ($500,000 USD ranges) I would have described my stereo as an expensive setup. I suppose it's actually at the low end knowing what I know now, but fortunately for me I still love it.

Jul 18, 2016 at 11:26 PM Post #38,394 of 42,298
  @Shini44 appreciate the thoughts. No need to apologize for length.

Forgetting cost, it would be cool if the new WA22-SE offered speaker out. My weak 8W@8Ohms WA5 drives my Triton 3 tower speakers nicely. I don't feel like I'm getting the value out of buying into that option yet but I hook it up from time to time and it's a nice-to-have option. Before I touched the higher end of head-fi or knew how much stereos can cost these days ($500,000 USD ranges) I would have described my stereo as an expensive setup. I suppose it's actually at the low end knowing what I know now, but fortunately for me I still love it.

Low-end compared to the people who purchase $500,000 stereos. High-end to 99% of the population. Have you told your friends how much that WA5 cost? How about the EML 300B? If you say anything over a few hundred $'s they will think you are insane.

I also have a couple of mountain bikes that cost me about as much as a WA5. Luckily I have a lot of mountain bike friends, so discussing cost with them isn't a problem. To be honest, I don't know of anyone personally who spends as much as me on audio gear - just my "Internet friends".

Jul 19, 2016 at 12:23 AM Post #38,395 of 42,298

Have you told your friends how much that WA5 cost? How about the EML 300B? If you say anything over a few hundred $'s they will think you are insane.

haha we are all on the same boat, family ask me oh much is that, i say oh nothing 200$ (depend on how fancy it look) XD

many people refuse to pay or even believe that the sound will change, price justification etc and stick with earbuds, they are happy with it.

but again you see them with one samsung and another iphone and they change both each year.....  the logic man -.-'' (at least here...)

Jul 19, 2016 at 12:26 AM Post #38,396 of 42,298
  Low-end compared to the people who purchase $500,000 stereos. High-end to 99% of the population. Have you told your friends how much that WA5 cost? How about the EML 300B? If you say anything over a few hundred $'s they will think you are insane.

I also have a couple of mountain bikes that cost me about as much as a WA5. Luckily I have a lot of mountain bike friends, so discussing cost with them isn't a problem. To be honest, I don't know of anyone personally who spends as much as me on audio gear - just my "Internet friends".

LOL true that. People do think I'm crazy. But it's infectious. Someone I know went and bought a nice little Schiit stack and an HD650. I've never heard any of this gear before and quite enjoyed it. The look of shock on his face when he heard my LCD-XC was priceless. That was plugged into his Schiit Asgard 2. I have a friend into stereo and vinyl that spends as much or more on that. That's it though. Someone else asked me to give him my cast offs. Oh these $350 Ultrasone headphones I have here? Utter garbage I'm just going to throw them away... "no no wait!". I get weak in the knees thinking about how much I blew to get to this point but on the daily enjoyment factor it was all so worth it. I want another pair of headphones and another set of 300Bs would be nice and I should be all set except all these stupid new product announcements stoke that irrational excitement in me.

@Badas ...challenge for you sir:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/814341/official-2016-sf-head-fi-meet-impressions-thread-july-16-2016/45#post_12728239

That Felix Audio Elise... I think you need to step up your tube tree stack a notch. The four 6BL7s just aren't doing it for me any more.

Jul 19, 2016 at 1:02 AM Post #38,397 of 42,298

LOL true that. People do think I'm crazy. But it's infectious. Someone I know went and bought a nice little Schiit stack and an HD650. I've never heard any of this gear before and quite enjoyed it. The look of shock on his face when he heard my LCD-XC was priceless. That was plugged into his Schiit Asgard 2. I have a friend into stereo and vinyl that spends as much or more on that. That's it though. Someone else asked me to give him my cast offs. Oh these $350 Ultrasone headphones I have here? Utter garbage I'm just going to throw them away... "no no wait!". I get weak in the knees thinking about how much I blew to get to this point but on the daily enjoyment factor it was all so worth it. I want another pair of headphones and another set of 300Bs would be nice and I should be all set except all these stupid new product announcements stoke that irrational excitement in me.

@Badas ...challenge for you sir:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/814341/official-2016-sf-head-fi-meet-impressions-thread-july-16-2016/45#post_12728239

That Felix Audio Elise... I think you need to step up your tube tree stack a notch. The four 6BL7s just aren't doing it for me any more.

I'm sure the looks I get from most of my friends when they go and look-up some of this gear are about the same as I give those who's hobby is more video/home-theatre centric (something that I just can't excited about ...).

One of them made the mistake of asking about the tubes in my WA5-LE ... and since I'd just installed my Taks ...

Jul 19, 2016 at 1:44 AM Post #38,398 of 42,298
Have any one tried using this website to buy TA-300B? PriceJapan use the same website to buy their items but this one say free shipping but it does not say it will free ship to USA.

http://www.amtrans.jp/SHOP/Tu3-300BT-500.html

Jul 19, 2016 at 3:19 AM Post #38,399 of 42,298
Jul 19, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #38,400 of 42,298
biggrin.gif

Those amps are supose to be amazing.

I've owned the Elise and it is a very good amp.  Not as good as the WA22, but very good for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back