Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Oct 3, 2015 at 6:54 PM Post #35,476 of 42,299
Wow the Elise thread is locked....... :flushed:

Ok hate to do it but another amazing album tonight. Loving the sax!

Sorry for butting into your thread guys...but yes, we were sadly derailed by a certain member - which is not good for any of us fellow HP amp lovers, lol!.

I have in fact started a new thread...I am glad y'all have reached your own dizzying heights unscathed...

Oct 3, 2015 at 7:08 PM Post #35,477 of 42,299
  Badas, if you don't mind me asking how did you get your WA22 into Kiwiland?

I sent Addicted to Audio in Melbourne an email yesterday asking about the WA22 and shipping costs to New Zealand, I got a reply saying would I be able to do direct bank transfer? I said I could do that.  Then they asked if they could have my name and phone number and after that they would send me an invoice.  I would then have to transfer the money...  Felt like I was being tricked into committing for a sale.  I replied saying how about you first sent me a quote first and then I will decide.  No reply.  

So now, I am looking at other options. 

Surprising, A2A are usually very good with customer service, I know the owner very well and I am sure he would like to know that are not happy, suggest you give Ash a call on Monday and let him know that Simon suggested you call and give him the details of what you need. Sorry I felt compelled to write this as they are normally so good but I know they have had staff changes recently. The owners name is George, he is at RMAF ATM but if you can't get satisfaction worth trying him at the end of next week. Hope you get it sorted out.

Oct 3, 2015 at 7:20 PM Post #35,478 of 42,299
Surprising, A2A are usually very good with customer service, I know the owner very well and I am sure he would like to know that are not happy, suggest you give Ash a call on Monday and let him know that Simon suggested you call and give him the details of what you need. Sorry I felt compelled to write this as they are normally so good but I know they have had staff changes recently. The owners name is George, he is at RMAF ATM but if you can't get satisfaction worth trying him at the end of next week. Hope you get it sorted out 

Will do, cheers for that. 

Oct 3, 2015 at 7:22 PM Post #35,479 of 42,299
Oct 3, 2015 at 7:43 PM Post #35,480 of 42,299
 No problem, I will follow them up on my end, any issues don't hesitate to PM me

Much appreciated mate.  They are probably just busy with public holiday and stuff.  I might give them a ring instead on Tuesday.

Edit: I just got a reply from them.  I shall eat my own words while listening to Pink Floyd. 

I am travelling through Melbourne early Jan, will pick up the amp on the way back to New Zealand.  Will save on Australian GST that way and freight fees. 

Oct 3, 2015 at 8:10 PM Post #35,481 of 42,299
Much appreciated mate.  They are probably just busy with public holiday and stuff.  I might give them a ring instead on Tuesday.

Edit: I just got a reply from them.  I shall eat my own words while listening to Pink Floyd. 

I am travelling through Melbourne early Jan, will pick up the amp on the way back to New Zealand.  Will save on Australian GST that way and freight fees. 

That's the way dude. I like the listening to Pink Floyd quote. :D

Where are you located? If you find yourself in Auckland you are welcome to audition the WA22.

Oct 3, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #35,482 of 42,299
 Where are you located? If you find yourself in Auckland you are welcome to audition the WA22.

Oh mate that would be epic.  I am based in Auckland, I see you have the LCD-X too. Maybe, we should have a mini headphone meet.  I managed to find a tube seller in Auckland with a decent collection - http://www.vintageaudioworld.com/.   You probably would have heard of them. 

Oct 3, 2015 at 8:45 PM Post #35,483 of 42,299
Oh mate that would be epic.  I am based in Auckland, I see you have the LCD-X too. Maybe, we should have a mini headphone meet.  I managed to find a tube seller in Auckland with a decent collection - http://www.vintageaudioworld.com/.   You probably would have heard of them. 

I have sent a PM. Always happy to help if I can.

I haven't heard of that seller. Looks to have nice stuff tho. I don't know if my wallet can handle another good seller. :D

Oct 3, 2015 at 10:16 PM Post #35,484 of 42,299
 I don't know if my wallet can handle another good seller

beerchug.gif
 tell me about it!

Oct 4, 2015 at 1:27 AM Post #35,486 of 42,299
Has anyone here ever heard the GD Audio Master 9 ? wondering how it sounds compared to the WA22  I always wanted to try one 
I can't give too much info on the m9 but if you're thinking about it also look at the master 11 and its thread.

The m11 was introduced in July this year

Oct 5, 2015 at 5:15 AM Post #35,489 of 42,299
Can anyone tell me if there is a difference between Brimar 5Z4GY's

and Brimar 5Z4G's

No difference. I have both.

Brown base and grey plates, black base and black plates.

If there is a difference I can't hear it.

The code GY refers to the glass shape. Not tube internal structure. Pointless putting GY because as you can see they are the same.

Oct 5, 2015 at 6:12 AM Post #35,490 of 42,299
No difference. I have both.

Brown base and grey plates, black base and black plates.

If there is a difference I can't hear it.

The code GY refers to the glass shape. Not tube internal structure. Pointless putting GY because as you can see they are the same.

Cheers Badas.

I have a few brown base purchased from Langrax and noticed this black base on a sellers site who I am currently dealing with.

May as well get him to add it to my parcel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back