Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Aug 15, 2015 at 9:38 PM Post #34,561 of 42,298
Thanks!

May get the TS RPs. Know a good store I can buy them? But that is it for now.

In 2-3 years, may get a Lampizator Big 7 DAC.

This system sounds great with HE-1000 and Abyss. I like the PS Audio DirectStream DAC. Their latest firmware update was awesome. Bigger soundstage, better details and more weight to the sound. PS Audio has been diligently releasing one firmware update every year, tuning the sound for the better.

I have 14 sets or so of good ones, I had 21 but I got rid of anything substandard, They are all 1940's vintage and inter original boxes. PM me if you are interested. I would listen tot eh Lampi before you commit you will either love it or not. It that's sort of DSAC, not my thing but plenty of people love them.

Aug 15, 2015 at 9:44 PM Post #34,562 of 42,298
Guys, I have decided to stay in Headphone world for a few reasons, main one was a decent 2 channel system needs its own dedicated room to sound its best (which we can't do ATM) and DHC coming up with a solution with Woo to be able to run 2 of the same headphones, thereby reliving the wife pressure of able to share the listening

Decided to go the Analog route instead. A teaser for what I have in mind.....

Aug 15, 2015 at 10:05 PM Post #34,564 of 42,298
Guys, I have decided to stay in Headphone world for a few reasons, main one was a decent 2 channel system needs its own dedicated room to sound its best (which we can't do ATM) and DHC coming up with a solution with Woo to be able to run 2 of the same headphones, thereby reliving the wife pressure of able to share the listening

Looks good, a proper high end analogue setup would sound amazing with headphones! Now it's time to build up the collection.
Would see a lot more use than the 2ch system without a dedicated room and now, well once the adaptor arrives, you'll both be able to enjoy it.
Any word on what you'll be doing for the cartridge, phono stage and tonearm?

Aug 15, 2015 at 10:17 PM Post #34,565 of 42,298
Well now that I'm running tubes that cost twice as much as my wa6 it's time to upgrade. Wa22 in a few days. Excited. But in the mean time. Go straight to the we422 well worth it. Could have bought several of them with the money I wasted (but enjoyed the road) trying just about every rectifier/driver combo.
:joy::joy:

Aug 16, 2015 at 2:23 AM Post #34,566 of 42,298

Awesome. I saw that TT on Facebook a few weeks ago. Nearly fell off my chair when I saw it.

I enjoy doing totally old school with a TT and tubes. Warms my heart thinking no DAC is being used.

Sounds great also.

Aug 16, 2015 at 3:16 AM Post #34,567 of 42,298
An $80,000 turntable? Seriously?

Aug 16, 2015 at 5:36 AM Post #34,568 of 42,298
An $80,000 turntable? Seriously?

Hey man, someone has to do it. :D

I think it's great it is someone we know. :wink:

I might have to take a plane trip over to take a listen.

Aug 16, 2015 at 6:57 AM Post #34,569 of 42,298
Hi All,

Could you please help me out?

I have a Woo Audio WA2

Is there any difference in sound between a Osram 6AS7G & a GEC 6AS7G...or are they the same tube, branded differently?

Also I was experimenting by putting multilayers of golf lead tape around the base of my WE 421A's and found that the 3 dimension, airiness & bass increased substantially....is this just my imagination or is there a scientific explanation behind this phenomena?

Please help!

Thanks,

jsa_ind

Aug 16, 2015 at 7:38 AM Post #34,570 of 42,298
  Hi All,

Could you please help me out?

I have a Woo Audio WA2

Is there any difference in sound between a Osram 6AS7G & a GEC 6AS7G...or are they the same tube, branded differently?

Also I was experimenting by putting multilayers of golf tape around the base of my WE 421A's and found that the 3 dimension, airiness & bass increased substantially....is this just my imagination or is there a scientific explanation behind this phenomena?

Please help!

Thanks,

jsa_ind

You are probably dampening the tube vibrations. ?

Aug 16, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #34,573 of 42,298
Reposting from another thread:

I was looking for a comparison between the WA2 and Crack with Speedball.  I heard the Crack with Speedball and really enjoyed the smooth "hallow"/holographic sound but warm "romantic" ("euphonic"?) with the hd650.  I wondered what it was like compared to the WA2?  I've never heard the WA2. 

I may want to purchase it again or the WA2- I like the OTL sound quite a bit and miss it.  Anyone hear Glenn's OTL?  I have a WA22 and enjoy it very much with my LCD3f and HD800.  But there was something very synergistic and simple with it and the hd650 - also good with the hd800 (but prefer the WA22 I think noticeably).  I have a csp2+ which is otl but is not as "romantic" and much more neutral - excellent pre-amp I think is its main design purpose thus its neutrality.  It is like a less warm or neutral than Crack with Speedball with a more defined sound signature more detailed less rounded.

Generally speaking, the WA22 is the best of both worlds with tube rolling between the WA6 and WA2 type sound - esp. with tube rolling.  I think this is how Woo Audio planned their product line.

Aug 16, 2015 at 12:09 PM Post #34,575 of 42,298
There is something quite therapeutic about swapping vinyl, and admiring cover art...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back