Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Jul 13, 2015 at 12:43 AM Post #34,172 of 42,298

Will there be an update to 

The new version added a  HI / LO LEVEL switch, and a HI / LO power switch. The HI LEVEL and HI power setting will output approx 8W. This setting is recommended to use for inefficient headphones such as Abyss AB-1266, HifiMan HE-1000, HE6, and AKG K1000. Yes, there is a lot of power going into headphones but you don't have to use all 8 watts. You can use the LOW power setting, approx 1.5W, to make all other headphones to sing properly.

In the previous version of WA5, the XLR output (HI power output) lacked the ability to adjust output strength and thus limiting the volume control range for normal listening. The new version has a cure. We added a LEVEL switch to do just that. The LO LEVEL setting cuts down the power significantly so you will get plenty of volume to play with even on HIGH power mode. You will be sure to find one setting to make your headphones to dial in.

Cheers,
Jack

I am just curious and a bit confuse is this the WA5 or the WA5 LE. The front plate resembles the WA5?

Jul 13, 2015 at 9:16 AM Post #34,177 of 42,298
popcorn.gif

Jul 13, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #34,179 of 42,298
Here are the highlights for the new versions.

New features:
WA5-LE ($3699)
- High power 1/4” and 4-Pin XLR headphone outputs (up to 8watts)
- User selectable High or Low output LEVEL to match headphone sensitivity
- User selectable High or Low impedance to match headphone impedance

WA5 ($5899):
Same as WA5-LE plus the following features and benefits:
- Speaker outputs x 2 (8 watts per channel @8 Ohms)
- Premium internal parts included (V-Cap, Jensen, Black Gate caps)  
- XLR input x 1
- WBT Nextgen 0210-Cu RCA inputs x 2
- WBT Nextgen 0710-Cu Speaker terminals x 1 set

Hope this is clear.

Jul 13, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #34,180 of 42,298
  The new version added a  HI / LO LEVEL switch, and a HI / LO power switch. The HI LEVEL and HI power setting will output approx 8W. This setting is recommended to use for inefficient headphones such as Abyss AB-1266, HifiMan HE-1000, HE6, and AKG K1000. Yes, there is a lot of power going into headphones but you don't have to use all 8 watts. You can use the LOW power setting, approx 1.5W, to make all other headphones to sing properly.

In the previous version of WA5, the XLR output (HI power output) lacked the ability to adjust output strength and thus limiting the volume control range for normal listening. The new version has a cure. We added a LEVEL switch to do just that. The LO LEVEL setting cuts down the power significantly so you will get plenty of volume to play with even on HIGH power mode. You will be sure to find one setting to make your headphones to dial in.

Cheers,
Jack

What's the difference between HP Power Switch and Level switch?

Jul 13, 2015 at 4:51 PM Post #34,181 of 42,298

New features:
WA5-LE ($3699)

WA5 ($5899):
- XLR input x 1

Hope this is clear.

Thank you Jack for update without assumptions

Jul 14, 2015 at 3:36 AM Post #34,182 of 42,298

[COLOR=222222]New features:[/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]WA5-LE ($3699)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]

WA5 ($5899):
- XLR input x 1

Hope this is clear.

[/COLOR]

Jack,

What's the difference between the LEVEL switch and HP Output switch? How different does the new WA5 sound compared to the old WA5?

Jul 14, 2015 at 9:45 PM Post #34,183 of 42,298
Tonight for the first time I'm using the Brimar 5Z4G with the NU-6F8G's in the WA6 > RS1i and right from the start the WA6 is dead quiet! When I use the UE-596 with the NU-6F8G's I have a very slight hum from the NU-6F8G driver/power tubes…I guess the latter have a slight interference with each other?

Jul 14, 2015 at 9:53 PM Post #34,184 of 42,298
Jack,

What's the difference between the LEVEL switch and HP Output switch? How different does the new WA5 sound compared to the old WA5?

The level toggle switch in the circuit allows you to select the gain. The HP selector switch only changes the mode of the output to which ever socket you have your headphone connected.  I do understand your confusion because the outputs should have been labelled on the face plate "HI output for the xlr" and the LO output for the 1/4" RCA output.

Enjoy music!

Jul 14, 2015 at 10:07 PM Post #34,185 of 42,298
  Tonight for the first time I'm using the Brimar 5Z4G with the NU-6F8G's in the WA6 > RS1i and right from the start the WA6 is dead quiet! When I use the UE-596 with the NU-6F8G's I have a very slight hum from the NU-6F8G driver/power tubes…I guess the latter have a slight interference with each other?

great combo I use the same in my wa22 the sylvania vt99's are just as nice and a little lower in cost imo..happy listening 
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back