Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Feb 21, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #32,867 of 42,298
Is this happening on both the high and low jacks or just one of them? My 6SE's low output jack doesn't make a perfect connection with a few cables (most work fine). Wondering if you might be having the same problem. I really like the 6SE/LCD3 combo, so hope you get it working properly.

it's happening on both of low and high.... But it don't happen with all song, some songs just fine but some songs feel so disappointed... but when I change with other amp with same song the problem is gone...

If you switch the driver tubes, does the problem follow the tube or stay in the left side of your headphones?

Tubes do need a little time to warm up but I wouldn't expect to have audible issue after 15-30 minutes.

Feb 21, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #32,868 of 42,298
If you switch the driver tubes, does the problem follow the tube or stay in the left side of your headphones?

Tubes do need a little time to warm up but I wouldn't expect to have audible issue after 15-30 minutes.

Never try to switch the driver tube before, but this morning I try to listen to the same song and the problem don't come again.. but I warm up the amp before for about hour and leave it when I watching movie... Don't know how it sound when the amp just warm up for about 15 or 30 minute.. Would try this night 

Feb 22, 2015 at 2:35 AM Post #32,869 of 42,298

Is your music too dark? The Elrog 300b could brighten up your day.  Seriously the elrog is one bright tube compare to all the other 300b I have so far.  Must be the tungsten.

Feb 22, 2015 at 2:47 AM Post #32,870 of 42,298
haha... bright as in visually.. yes that's welcomed... how's the sound???!!!

Feb 22, 2015 at 2:52 AM Post #32,871 of 42,298
Sorry khragon I am still in the burn in process so I don't want to said anything definite yet.  The only thing I could said is at this point I am not going back to EML 300b mesh.  I like listening to the elrog more right now but I can't pinpoint on all the fine reason yet.  This almost want me to try the takatsuki 300b to see what the difference.  Anybody want to make a test trade?

Feb 22, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #32,873 of 42,298

Just got my elrog 300b.  So with the elrog 300b/ tung sol 6f8g/ and WE 422a I should be done with tube upgrade right?  Now I just wait till the Hifiman he 1000 to come out.

My Elrogs won't be here until tomorrow but I will have the same tube complement in my WA5-LE. 
beerchug.gif

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Feb 23, 2015 at 12:45 AM Post #32,874 of 42,298
  My Elrogs won't be here until tomorrow but I will have the same tube complement in my WA5-LE. 
beerchug.gif

Nice, when you get the chance maybe you could share your opinion and see if we are hearing the same thing.

Feb 23, 2015 at 1:08 AM Post #32,875 of 42,298
Mind is absolutely blown right now.  I don't know if its the elrog or the setup as a whole but wow.  I never thought the woo audio 5 could be like this.  The sound I am hearing right now is what I imagine the Eddie Current 445 is like.  In which I was jealous off a little bit because from what people describe that was what I am looking for.  Now I might not have to be so jealous of it anymore.  

The smooth treble and the openness.  I was listening to One from Ed Sheeran and there a moment where I was like " holy #%& did I just hear what I just hear".  There are part of some songs where I brace for the hit of treble but not anymore it come very smoothly.  All of this and it hadn't even fully burn in yet.  How could the takatsuki 300b improve on this?

Feb 23, 2015 at 1:39 AM Post #32,876 of 42,298
...There are part of some songs where I brace for the hit of treble but not anymore it come very smoothly.  All of this and it hadn't even fully burn in yet.  How could the takatsuki 300b improve on this?

Glad to hear this, treble performance was what I worry about... Nice, can't wait to get mine.

Feb 23, 2015 at 1:41 AM Post #32,877 of 42,298
Hi, wasn't totally sure where to ask this, so I figured here might be good rather than starting a new thread since I am a newb to your forums (long time lurker though). I have a WA3 that I got a couple weeks ago and I am running Sennheiser HD600s on it. I probably have <20 hours of listening on it so far. The sound is amazing, even during its problem. There is an occasional hum, sometimes it hums continuously, sometimes it comes and goes, and other times it doesn't at all. It is always in the right channel, I tried swapping the driver tubes and nothing changed. It is fairly low in pitch and somewhat quiet, I don't notice it when music is playing. Usually when I touch or tap gently on the amp the hum goes away temporarily. Volume does not effect the hum. Sometimes it will come back pretty quick or stay quiet the rest of the night. Does anyone have any ideas about what is going on?

Feb 23, 2015 at 5:58 AM Post #32,878 of 42,298
Finicky power tube....it may go away or it may get worse. Changing the tube to a good one will fix that.

Hi, wasn't totally sure where to ask this, so I figured here might be good rather than starting a new thread since I am a newb to your forums (long time lurker though). I have a WA3 that I got a couple weeks ago and I am running Sennheiser HD600s on it. I probably have <20 hours of listening on it so far. The sound is amazing, even during its problem. There is an occasional hum, sometimes it hums continuously, sometimes it comes and goes, and other times it doesn't at all. It is always in the right channel, I tried swapping the driver tubes and nothing changed. It is fairly low in pitch and somewhat quiet, I don't notice it when music is playing. Usually when I touch or tap gently on the amp the hum goes away temporarily. Volume does not effect the hum. Sometimes it will come back pretty quick or stay quiet the rest of the night. Does anyone have any ideas about what is going on?

Feb 23, 2015 at 11:55 AM Post #32,880 of 42,298
Finicky power tube....it may go away or it may get worse. Changing the tube to a good one will fix that.

+1 ... yes, you should try that first.

Another cause may be RFI from Wi-Fi radios in your other devices (e.g. your laptop or a close-by WAP). I was experiencing humming that would "come and go" until I realized the sound was timed with network activity. Just something else to consider.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back