Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Dec 26, 2014 at 6:52 PM Post #31,923 of 42,298
Thinking of buying the WA7 and PS for the partner, have to get her off my rig......

Dec 26, 2014 at 6:58 PM Post #31,925 of 42,298
Thinking of buying the WA7 and PS for the partner, have to get her off my rig......
Do you think she'll notice a difference between the WA7 and the 234? If not, go ahead and give it a try.

Dec 26, 2014 at 7:03 PM Post #31,926 of 42,298
Do you think she'll notice a difference between the WA7 and the 234? If not, go ahead and give it a try.

I am still playing the "Face Cream" card, I put it to her that if she gave up on the Face Cream the Woo fairy might pay a visit, but you know I wish you hadn't said that because we all know how a woman's mind works it'll be me that ends up with the WA7.

Jack Woo laughed his head off and said you'll have to but her another set of 234's - pigs arse I will, imagine the fights over the 300B's
angry_face.gif

Dec 26, 2014 at 7:16 PM Post #31,927 of 42,298
She's even discovered Tidal - what a disaster ! Apparently this morning oh baby these valves have really opened up, What !

I wouldn't know as I haven't heard them yet today.

Dec 26, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #31,928 of 42,298
I am still playing the "Face Cream" card, I put it to her that if she gave up on the Face Cream the Woo fairy might pay a visit, but you know I wish you hadn't said that because we all know how a woman's mind works it'll be me that ends up with the WA7.

Jack Woo laughed his head off and said you'll have to but her another set of 234's - pigs arse I will, imagine the fights over the 300B's :angry_face:  
I think your on the right track sir. The WA7 is little, cute, and has a very modern aesthetic which many women prefer. As long as she appreciates good and well recorded music the WA7 shouldn't disappoint her. It could be a lot worse, a friend girl of mine was gifted a white Bentley convertible for Christmas.

Dec 26, 2014 at 7:26 PM Post #31,929 of 42,298
I think your on the right track sir. The WA7 is little, cute, and has a very modern aesthetic which many women prefer. As long as she appreciates good and well recorded music the WA7 shouldn't disappoint her. It could be a lot worse, a friend girl of mine was gifted a white Bentley convertible for Christmas.

Holy crap, really I would (almost) be prepared to become someones girlfriend for a Bentley Convertible.

Dec 26, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #31,932 of 42,298
Dec 26, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #31,933 of 42,298

Easy - a second set of ER300Bs to go with the second WA234
wink_face.gif

Tony, please don't put any more idea's into her head, she 'monitors' these forums. Matt has suggested a Geel Soul with the Abyss package, not a bad idea.

You will be pleased to hear the ER300B's have come along extremely well - up to 50 hours now, bass performance is now coming out. The aspect I love most about them is the musicality a friend bought his grey plate 1930 WE's and we both thought the ER300B's were different but equally enjoyable. The bass performance was a no brainer the ER's killed the WE's. You are spot on about how they need rest when burning in, it seems to be an essential part of the burn in process.

Bryan reckons 80-100 hours are the sweet spot for them.

Dec 26, 2014 at 8:04 PM Post #31,934 of 42,298

Tony, please don't put any more idea's into her head, she 'monitors' these forums. Matt has suggested a Geel Soul with the Abyss package, not a bad idea.

You will be pleased to hear the ER300B's have come along extremely well - up to 50 hours now, bass performance is now coming out. The aspect I love most about them is the musicality a friend bought his grey plate 1930 WE's and we both thought the ER300B's were different but equally enjoyable. The bass performance was a no brainer the ER's killed the WE's. You are spot on about how they need rest when burning in, it seems to be an essential part of the burn in process.

Bryan reckons 80-100 hours are the sweet spot for them.

Sorry - attempting humour - not trying to cause any additional grief.

Good to know that the ER300Bs are turning out to be right up there with the vintage WE300Bs. With the way the vintage WE300Bs are priced that just isn't an option for me, but I can do the ER300Bs (and perhaps the Takasukis later on). Really looking forward to getting my pair in January.

Dec 26, 2014 at 8:10 PM Post #31,935 of 42,298

Sorry - attempting humour - not trying to cause any additional grief.

Good to know that the ER300Bs are turning out to be right up there with the vintage WE300Bs. With the way the vintage WE300Bs are priced that just isn't an option for me, but I can do the ER300Bs (and perhaps the Takasukis later on). Really looking forward to getting my pair in January.

No worries, only having some fun myself 
tongue_smile.gif

I thought they were better than the WE's and these were the Grey Plate late 1930 ones !

Lucky you have a set of the ER's reserved they must be all gone for now. be great if you can get together with matt and I while you over so you can hear the 234's with all the 300B's.

I am still waiting on the EML 300B & 5U4G Mesh plates to show up. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back