Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Nov 20, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #31,591 of 42,298
I've had good luck with both the TS 5998's and the GEC 6AS7G's. The TS's are noticeably more powerful with stronger, fuller bass and the GEC's seem to me to have a bigger, rounder soundstage. Also, there is some characteristic of the GEC's that makes me more aware of reverb in the recording. Have no idea why.

I would like to have both of those however both are way above my price range. :rolleyes:

Nov 21, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #31,592 of 42,298
Hmm some interesting developments this week, my partner has decided to use my Hugo and LCD-X and now has them setup at her desk... could be the start of something here.

Next she calmly informs me that she spent $1,200 on face cream 
blink.gif
 face cream, really.......

Then when looking at the price Japan site over my shoulder says you're NOT seriously going to spend all that money on valves are you?

I must be living in some sort of parallel universe, let me see face cream or 300B's 
confused_face_2.gif

Nov 21, 2014 at 3:19 PM Post #31,593 of 42,298
  Hmm some interesting developments this week, my partner has decided to use my Hugo and LCD-X and now has them setup at her desk... could be the start of something here.

blink.gif

Then when looking at the price Japan site over my shoulder says you're NOT seriously going to spend all that money on valves are you?

I must be living in some sort of parallel universe, let me see face cream or 300B's 
confused_face_2.gif

Apologies for going way OT...

The only way I can indulge my hobbies (headfi / PC gaming / shooting) is by not cohabitating with someone. As soon as a woman gets into your abode the place gets taken over (as does your life and your wallet).

Date, Fornicate, Do not Cohabitate
wink_face.gif

Nov 21, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #31,594 of 42,298
No at all Tony,

Agree wholeheartedly 
beerchug.gif

Nov 21, 2014 at 5:01 PM Post #31,595 of 42,298

Next she calmly informs me that she spent $1,200 on face cream :blink:  face cream, really.......

I must be living in some sort of parallel universe, let me see face cream or 300B's :confused_face_2:
I can draw a couple pieces of positivity from your post sir. First, your partner likes music and quality audio gear, a definite win-win for you. This also means that there will be times when they're not talking, (insert hiss for inappropriate comment). Two, only really good looking people spend $1,200 AUD on face cream. Another win for you. Three, all you have to do is explain how good the new tubes will make your W234 sound and that you'd still like to go out to dinner, not alone, and you'll be living on easy street.

Nov 21, 2014 at 5:58 PM Post #31,596 of 42,298

blink.gif

confused_face_2.gif

LOL!!! Perspective is so powerful.

Nov 21, 2014 at 6:19 PM Post #31,597 of 42,298

Next she calmly informs me that she spent $1,200 on face cream :blink:  face cream, really.......

I must be living in some sort of parallel universe, let me see face cream or 300B's :confused_face_2:

Second best post of the month.

I can draw a couple pieces of positivity from your post sir. First, your partner likes music and quality audio gear, a definite win-win for you. This also means that there will be times when they're not talking, (insert hiss for inappropriate comment). Two, only really good looking people spend $1,200 AUD on face cream. Another win for you. Three, all you have to do is explain how good the new tubes will make your W234 sound and that you'd still like to go out to dinner, not alone, and you'll be living on easy street.

Post of the month. :gs1000smile:

Nov 21, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #31,598 of 42,298

Hahaha, I think I may have a solution.
Step 1: Keep calm and open a new bank account.
Step 2: Transfer money into said account.
Step 3: Buy tubes, set shipping to work address.
Step 4: Wait for tubes to arrive.
Step 5: Buy wife more face cream.
Step 6: Immediately install Takatsuki tubes in 234.
Step 7: Tell wife to listen and just hope the sound is enough to convince her....
Failing that more bribes may be needed.
:wink:
If you can't convince her I'm looking at picking up 2 sets of each while I'm in Japan so I can send you up the spares to help tide her over!

Nov 21, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #31,599 of 42,298
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW, i received the wa6se i had sold back today, it had arrived at the buyer, DOA
it was just the fuse !! very, very relieved , and i may just keep it now, that was too close 

Nov 21, 2014 at 6:57 PM Post #31,600 of 42,298
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW, i received the wa6se i had sold back today, it had arrived at the buyer, DOA
it was just the fuse !! very, very relieved , and i may just keep it now, that was too close 

Good news. Keep it. Obviously the buyer is not very hands on. That would have been the first thing I would have checked.
Fuses breaking is very common. I had a brand new SVS sub that was dead from new. It had a nice quality checked note. So I knew it couldn't be much. Put in a new fuse and never looked back.

Nov 21, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #31,601 of 42,298
Good news. Keep it. Obviously the buyer is not very hands on. That would have been the first thing I would have checked.
Fuses breaking is very common. I had a brand new SVS sub that was dead from new. It had a nice quality checked note. So I knew it couldn't be much. Put in a new fuse and never looked back.

yeah, i'll probably keep it now, i did have some sellers remorse after selling to, so maybe it was meant to stay here ! 
and i got the beyer t1's after i's sold the 6se, and they sound awesome together 

Nov 21, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #31,602 of 42,298

LOL, its get's worse. Get home and find she is now listening to the Woo's and says "gee I really like these
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
, do you mind if we swap over for the weekend, you know so I can understand why you love valves so much"....

"I have though about it and I am trying to understand your point of view"... seriously What !! 
deadhorse.gif

Nov 21, 2014 at 7:50 PM Post #31,603 of 42,298
Hahaha, I think I may have a solution.
Step 1: Keep calm and open a new bank account.
Step 2: Transfer money into said account.
Step 3: Buy tubes, set shipping to work address.
Step 4: Wait for tubes to arrive.
Step 5: Buy wife more face cream.
Step 6: Immediately install Takatsuki tubes in 234.
Step 7: Tell wife to listen and just hope the sound is enough to convince her....
Failing that more bribes may be needed.
wink.gif

If you can't convince her I'm looking at picking up 2 sets of each while I'm in Japan so I can send you up the spares to help tide her over!

Thanks Matt, should have moved in with you... 
L3000.gif

Nov 21, 2014 at 7:55 PM Post #31,604 of 42,298
Oh now I have done it was laughing so much she's read what I posted on line - apparently everyone's having a joke at her face cream. Personally I can't wait to try the stuff, must be some serious science in the ingredients.  

Hope I will be able to smile after.....
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back