Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Dec 5, 2013 at 10:27 PM Post #28,876 of 42,298
Congrats!
beerchug.gif

Though, if it were me, I would've crossed the Verrazano yesterday! 
normal_smile .gif

Dec 5, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #28,877 of 42,298
  Congrats!
beerchug.gif

Though, if it were me, I would've crossed the Verrazano yesterday! 
normal_smile .gif

Thank you. Very first thing that popped into my mind to, but I only realized it was in Elmhurst when I received the e-mail with the tracking # this morning, or I would have went and picked it up, and saved the shipping cost and the handling abuse. LOL!!! Thanks again, can't wait to hear it!!!

Dec 6, 2013 at 12:55 AM Post #28,878 of 42,298
  Hi everyone, I'm waiting to receive the WA6/SP/6WE7 tube upgrade which was shipped today from Elmhurst, N.Y. and I'm in Statenn, Island, N.Y so I should receive it in a couples of days, (can't wait)!!! I purchased this amp to use with the Grado RS1i, there are almost 2000 posts on this thread and I've just found it and started reading it. I've only read a little bit so far, but I see that many people like the Senn's with this amp, can anyone comment on their experiences with the RS's or other Grado's with the WA6? Thank you.

WA6/WA6-SE is quite good with grado!

Dec 6, 2013 at 6:29 AM Post #28,879 of 42,298
  Hi everyone, I'm waiting to receive the WA6/SP/6WE7 tube upgrade which was shipped today from Elmhurst, N.Y. and I'm in Statenn, Island, N.Y so I should receive it in a couples of days, (can't wait)!!! I purchased this amp to use with the Grado RS1i, there are almost 2000 posts on this thread and I've just found it and started reading it. I've only read a little bit so far, but I see that many people like the Senn's with this amp, can anyone comment on their experiences with the RS's or other Grado's with the WA6? Thank you.

The GS1000 sounds excellent with the WA6 and also the hd800 and every headphone I have tried with it. The 6SE is an excellent all around performer.

Dec 6, 2013 at 9:14 AM Post #28,880 of 42,298
Thanks for the positive inputs, like I mentioned, I didn't get too far into the thread, and most people where talking about Senn's with the WA6. Hopefully I will receive it today, I'm actually going to buy a stand for it today because I'm going to use it with my recliner as my main listening station, not as a desktop, I have the LD1+ for that. Thanks again.
BTW, Dubstep girl, I had read a post somewhere and you stated that the WA6/SP/6EW7 tubes had a nice bass punch with the RS1i's, this is why I also ordered this upgrade, thanks.

Dec 6, 2013 at 12:36 PM Post #28,881 of 42,298
i don't remember specially saying bass punch (if i did i guess i did enjoy the bass on the rs1i quite a bit) but yes the sophia/6ew7 worked very well with grados when i had them. that includes the 325, rs1, and rs1i. the 6ew7 doesn't have as much bass as a 6fd7 but its still very good and what i liked about that tube is the warmth and open-ness, it works well with grado headphones and improving the midrange while the sophia maintains dynamics and forwardness, and of course, bass.

most people that have tried grados with WA6-SE have had excellent results, i personally would consider the WA6-SE if i where to re-introduce the RS1i into my collection since it did pair so well. 

Dec 6, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #28,883 of 42,298
  i don't remember specially saying bass punch (if i did i guess i did enjoy the bass on the rs1i quite a bit) but yes the sophia/6ew7 worked very well with grados when i had them. that includes the 325, rs1, and rs1i. the 6ew7 doesn't have as much bass as a 6fd7 but its still very good and what i liked about that tube is the warmth and open-ness, it works well with grado headphones and improving the midrange while the sophia maintains dynamics and forwardness, and of course, bass.

most people that have tried grados with WA6-SE have had excellent results, i personally would consider the WA6-SE if i where to re-introduce the RS1i into my collection since it did pair so well. 

Thanks for the info on the info on the 6FD7 for the future. I received the WA6 today and I just started listening to it right now. Of course I can't give impressions on the sound as of now, but it sound nice right out of the box at low volume. I can definitely say that this thing is built like a tank and is beautiful and well crafted.

I've owned a couple of Grados, and they were indeed good with the WA6.

I also own the 80i's and the 325is's, so I will be using these models with the WA6 also, so thats good to know, thanks.

Dec 7, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #28,884 of 42,298
 I must say, the WA6 is pleasing me very, very much for the little amount of time I've had/listened to it. I've actually never heard my music this way, the separation and the texture of the music is just…well like I said,  something I've never heard before with another amp. I've also never heard sub bass like I'm hearing (very subtle) not overwhelming at all and the mids and highs seem spot on for me, and the sound stage is very nice, but still very focused and clear, where I'm able to hear instrument separation in places I've never heard (sounds instruments are outside of my head in the high/low-left/right- front/back and center, if that makes any sense). Also this amp delivers that Grado sound that makes me love Grado, still has that somewhat of attack, but laid back just the right amount, for me. After having the Ear+HD for the short time I had it, I was thinking to myself maybe I'm not a tube kind of guy when switching from my Adcom-710 (which is lightening quick and sharp), and then hearing the Ear+HD (which was very smooth and mellow), I sought of missed that quickness of the SS, but at the same time liked the smoothness and the warmth of the Ear+HD. With the WA6, I find it is falling inbetween both of these amps, and more... much more than I ever expected! I know i'm being quick to say this in such little time, but I may be done!!!

Dec 7, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #28,885 of 42,298
   I must say, the WA6 is pleasing me very, very much for the little amount of time I've had/listened to it. I've actually never heard my music this way, the separation and the texture of the music is just…well like I said,  something I've never heard before with another amp. I've also never heard sub bass like I'm hearing (very subtle) not overwhelming at all and the mids and highs seem spot on for me, and the sound stage is very nice, but still very focused and clear, where I'm able to hear instrument separation in places I've never heard (sounds instruments are outside of my head in the high/low-left/right- front/back and center, if that makes any sense). Also this amp delivers that Grado sound that makes me love Grado, still has that somewhat of attack, but laid back just the right amount, for me. After having the Ear+HD for the short time I had it, I was thinking to myself maybe I'm not a tube kind of guy when switching from my Adcom-710 (which is lightening quick and sharp), and then hearing the Ear+HD (which was very smooth and mellow), I sought of missed that quickness of the SS, but at the same time liked the smoothness and the warmth of the Ear+HD. With the WA6, I find it is falling inbetween both of these amps, and more... much more than I ever expected! I know i'm being quick to say this in such little time, but I may be done!!!

Good for you 
beerchug.gif
 if your journey is over. Mine on the other hand is not. I am very happy with WA2/T1/HD800 but i will buy more amps in the future. 

Dec 8, 2013 at 4:04 AM Post #28,888 of 42,298
Congratulations on your Awesome Woo!  You're in for some great times
beyersmile.png

Dec 8, 2013 at 8:06 AM Post #28,889 of 42,298
Thanks for the congratulations and the cheers guys, greatly appreciate it, and also for everyones positive input on the WA6 before my purchase. I think this is the best purchase I have made since getting into headphones/headphone amplifiers, this amp took my RS1I's to another level for me, and I haven't even tried the 325's or the 80's with it yet, thanks again!

Dec 8, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #28,890 of 42,298
  Thanks for the congratulations and the cheers guys, greatly appreciate it, and also for everyones positive input on the WA6 before my purchase. I think this is the best purchase I have made since getting into headphones/headphone amplifiers, this amp took my RS1I's to another level for me, and I haven't even tried the 325's or the 80's with it yet, thanks again!

Welcome to my world!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back