Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Oct 16, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #28,081 of 42,298
  listening to the T1/WA22 right now since im gonna sell soon, actually surprised now how good the amp sounds. the detail, clarity and the soundstage is there, its what i want. but the bass and the treble aren't that great 
frown.gif
 the treble is actually closer to WA6-SE than it is to the WA2 the silkyness isn't there, and the bass is tight and deep, but too light in impact with T1, cause the mids are too forward.

now the imaging, wow, this amp really produces a holographic palpable image, really lifelike in many ways, realistic.

DSG,  My WA22 is coming next week.  What's your impression of the WA22 driving HE500?

Oct 16, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #28,083 of 42,298
  listening to the T1/WA22 right now since im gonna sell soon, actually surprised now how good the amp sounds. the detail, clarity and the soundstage is there, its what i want. but the bass and the treble aren't that great 
frown.gif
 the treble is actually closer to WA6-SE than it is to the WA2 the silkyness isn't there, and the bass is tight and deep, but too light in impact with T1, cause the mids are too forward.

now the imaging, wow, this amp really produces a holographic palpable image, really lifelike in many ways, realistic.

Dubs, selling the amp shouldn't be a problem as it's a highly OEM modded WA22 and anyone looking for that model should (and I recommend) snatch it up!  "Hats off" to you for stepping out of the comfort zone and chasing improvement.  I think you found what you where looking for in various sonic categories of the WA22, but also realized/ validated what matters most to YOU!  Thanks for sharing your valued experiences with the forum. 
smily_headphones1.gif
  Now, find me some inexpensive GEC 6AS7Gs (NOS match and Balanced please) and rejoin the WA 2 club (we miss you!) 
wink_face.gif

Oct 17, 2013 at 6:10 AM Post #28,084 of 42,298
Dubs, selling the amp shouldn't be a problem as it's a highly OEM modded WA22 and anyone looking for that model should (and I recommend) snatch it up!  "Hats off" to you for stepping out of the comfort zone and chasing improvement.  I think you found what you where looking for in various sonic categories of the WA22, but also realized/ validated what matters most to YOU!  Thanks for sharing your valued experiences with the forum.  :)   Now, find me some inexpensive GEC 6AS7Gs (NOS match and Balanced please) and rejoin the WA 2 club (we miss you!)  :wink_face:  

Thanks!

Im probably gonna get wa2 back. Though im also working out a potential stratus purchase., either way ill still get wa2 since i need a amp for all my 6as7g. The GEC 6AS7s were VERY good with wa2, a step up from the tung sol 5998, and my 6922s werent even fully upgraded yet

If i rebuy wa2, extra money will go towards a pair of grey siemens cca and a pair of amperex pq whites or if im lucky enough to find a pair, the pinched waist d getter 6922s

Oh and a pair of we421a:D

Oct 17, 2013 at 7:08 AM Post #28,085 of 42,298
  I'm looking for that article right now. It was about an old store in New York City, I think, that carried old things. I'm still looking. The store was a mess. Like my closets sometimes.

Like this--eek!

This is it
http://www.leedsradio.com/
This is ware I was getting the 596 tubes from when I was selling them with adapters.
I shouldn't be posting this but Richard is a good guy.

Oct 17, 2013 at 8:49 AM Post #28,090 of 42,298
It would be fun just to spend a day searching through all that stuff!

Oct 17, 2013 at 9:12 AM Post #28,093 of 42,298
the tube doesn't seem easy to find. and not many impressions of it.

Oct 17, 2013 at 9:13 AM Post #28,094 of 42,298

I was being Ironic as I am convinced lots of people reading this thread will actually mail the poor guy asking about the 596.
I'm a RK60 & 5U4G & GZ37 lover :wink:

I am surprised that nobody really wants the RK-60 nobody asked for adapters
and the RK-60 can be gotten for $8.00. and it looks as nice as the 596

Can it be a substitute for the 5U4G like the 596?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back