Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Jul 9, 2013 at 7:55 PM Post #26,326 of 42,298
Quote:

good idea! 

beerchug.gif

like i think im actually completely happy with hd 800/wa2 now. it sounds soo good, everything finally sounds super detailed and amazing like those endgame setups at the meets. i can only imagine it will improve when i get a better DAC.

that's great i might get these tubes and have them ready for when i get the HD800 and who knows maybe i will be satisfied enough not to want to go down the planar magnetic road. 
beerchug.gif

Jul 9, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #26,330 of 42,298
Quote:
mytek 192, nad m51, or wyred4sound dsd.

Hmmm..... that nad is sweet! it has passed under my radar until now. I will look into this, i think it is the nicer looking of the 3, thanks for posting. 

Jul 9, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #26,332 of 42,298
Jul 9, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #26,334 of 42,298
Quote:
ha ha - maybe with your fat wallet frank but not with mine anyway , that's for sure! 
wink.gif

my wallet is really very empty after this amp purchase and the tubes. I am done with my buying. I sold a headphone too to replenish some funds but will be getting another headphone shortly. But I sell now to buy. I sold one to buy one. I sold two amps to help fund the WA5 well actually 3 amps. I only have the WA5 now and a review amp on its way another tube 5W headphone amp and speaker amp from a new company. Looks interesting but its a 2K amp and I wont be buying any more amps for a long long time. The WA5 I put in my will its that good.

Jul 9, 2013 at 8:24 PM Post #26,335 of 42,298
Quote:
my wallet is really very empty after this amp purchase and the tubes. I am done with my buying. I sold a headphone too to replenish some funds but will be getting another headphone shortly. But I sell now to buy. I sold one to buy one. I sold two amps to help fund the WA5 well actually 3 amps. I only have the WA5 now and a review amp on its way another tube 5W headphone amp and speaker amp from a new company. Looks interesting but its a 2K amp and I wont be buying any more amps for a long long time. The WA5 I put in my will its that good.

In your will with me also??
biggrin.gif
- Maybe if you make it to 100 you can celebrate with a WA234 if your hearing is still intact that is!
wink.gif

Its never over.................

Jul 9, 2013 at 8:38 PM Post #26,336 of 42,298
**** THE POWER IN THE HOUSE JUST WENT and while the WA2 was on i hope it does not damage the amp. 
frown.gif

Jul 9, 2013 at 8:48 PM Post #26,337 of 42,298
I drop/rapid cycle power on my WA3 all the time...never had an issue, but I would not make a habit of it. The caps hold a large charge and bleed off slowly. You get seconds of music until the tubes cool off. They are built like a tank, damage is highly unlikely with the Woo design.

**** THE POWER IN THE HOUSE JUST WENT and while the WA2 was on i hope it does not damage the amp. 
frown.gif

Jul 9, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #26,338 of 42,298
Quote:
I drop/rapid cycle power on my WA3 all the time...never had an issue, but I would not make a habit of it. The caps hold a large charge and bleed off slowly. You get seconds of music until the tubes cool off. They are built like a tank, damage is highly unlikely with the Woo design.

I am happy now 
regular_smile .gif
 and the amp is fine! thanks 

Jul 10, 2013 at 3:29 AM Post #26,340 of 42,298

Users who are viewing this thread

Back