Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Jul 9, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #26,311 of 42,298
596 is best rectifier i've heard so far for the woo. and omg, now im even more undecided on WA22. 

just got my GEC 6AS7G's. listening now with HD 800/WA2. omg....these are finally the ones. i think they finally tick every box and do everything right. speed, air, transparency, soundstage, bass, detail, warmth, grain-free, forgiving, they are making my HD 800s sound amazing. i can't believe how good the WA2 sounds. seems like that last veil was lifted finally and the HD 800s sound faster too, no grain either!!

Jul 9, 2013 at 6:07 PM Post #26,312 of 42,298
Wow, those are nice!

596 is best rectifier i've heard so far for the woo. and omg, now im even more undecided on WA22. 

just got my GEC 6AS7G's. listening now with HD 800/WA2. omg....these are finally the ones. i think they finally tick every box and do everything right. speed, air, transparency, soundstage, bass, detail, warmth, grain-free, forgiving, they are making my HD 800s sound amazing. i can't believe how good the WA2 sounds. seems like that last veil was lifted finally and the HD 800s sound faster too, no grain either!!

Jul 9, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #26,313 of 42,298
 nice tubes little girl. LOL WA22 is one order for you. I bought the 596 if they are what you say I sure I will like them . if not will have a pair plus adapters for sale for your WA22
wink_face.gif

Jul 9, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #26,314 of 42,298
im sure you will love them. as long as your other tubes are nice and warm to warm them up. the 596 is very clear and upfront sounding to me, almost SS like but with some tubeness to it. only tube that would come close is mullard gz34 (maybe metal base but i haven't heard that one yet, only black base).

Jul 9, 2013 at 6:38 PM Post #26,315 of 42,298
anyone know if the curved base really is better? i kinda wish i had another one. i might try and sell my used regular pair for one. 

Jul 9, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #26,316 of 42,298
Quote:
im sure you will love them. as long as your other tubes are nice and warm to warm them up. the 596 is very clear and upfront sounding to me, almost SS like but with some tubeness to it. only tube that would come close is mullard gz34 (maybe metal base but i haven't heard that one yet, only black base).

now you scaring mer. i dont want SS sounding. i want tube sounding tubes that why I own a tube amp. My RCA 5U4G are very clear and have mid range magic with great bass. Hope they sound  as good or this will be a quick sale.
biggrin.gif

Jul 9, 2013 at 6:52 PM Post #26,317 of 42,298
oh dw, they're not SS sounding as in harsh or really bright. just hard to explain but they're forward and more neutralish with some warmth and stuff. but they aren't smooth lush or tubey rectifiers. 

Jul 9, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #26,319 of 42,298
it sounds like i bought a new amp....these tubes are really that much better than 5998. the hd 800 have never sounded this good, i can truly say these are more detailed than T1 now. they're sooo good!!!! omg. everything has life now...

next step, get rid of my bugle boys and try and grab a pair of Siemens CCa

this is with hd 800 too, can't wait to get T1 back, seems like beyer sent them back in the mail today. very fast, hopefully i get them by the end of this week.

Jul 9, 2013 at 7:37 PM Post #26,320 of 42,298
Quote:
it sounds like i bought a new amp....these tubes are really that much better than 5998. the hd 800 have never sounded this good, i can truly say these are more detailed than T1 now. they're sooo good!!!! omg.

next step, get rid of my bugle boys and try and grab a pair of Siemens CCa

this is with hd 800 too, can't wait to get T1 back, seems like beyer sent them back in the mail today. very fast, hopefully i get them by the end of this week.

Jesus now your tempting me. I will get a new DAC next , maybe in 2 or 3 months and then its the HD800! Maybe i will get those GEC's if they are that good. 
When you have lived with them for 3 or 4 weeks and have gone between the T1 and HD800 you will have to write up some MAJOR IMPRESSIONS??
Do you mind saying how much they were? 

Jul 9, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #26,321 of 42,298
yeah i got all 5 tubes for 350$. 

i was gonna sell the extra curved base, but now i think i'm gonna save and get a second so i have 3 pairs. these are just soooo good!!!! its one of those moments where you are rushing to discover your entire library again, just cause everything sounds so good. the hd 800 seriously got like 2-3 times better. i hope i'm not exaggerating, but i finally feel like that true audiophile sound is there. that tube magic, that clarity and lifelike quality, its there, finally.... and no fatigue at all. seems like everything is much more detailed and airy. and the bass, i've never heard the HD 800 have such tight clean organic bass. wow.... and vocals, they just feel more up front. and the hd 800s sound very fast now, like the transients really cleaned up, everything has an attack, a decay, a separation of sorts. drums are much cleaner as well as guitars.

now i can't wait till i max out my driver tubes. i guess ppl are right when they say it makes your setup sound like it costs 3-4x more...

Jul 9, 2013 at 7:49 PM Post #26,323 of 42,298
Stop playing mind games with yourself.  You have the end game now.  Enjoy your nirvana in Shangri-La.

Quote:
anyone know if the curved base really is better? i kinda wish i had another one. i might try and sell my used regular pair for one. 

Jul 9, 2013 at 7:49 PM Post #26,324 of 42,298
yeah, they broke at the metal adjustment slider thingy. where the little "t1" is stamped into the metal, they just broke when i took them off. they've been bent there before and i guess since that part of the metal is already weak, it finally just gave in to the pressure and broke. 

im getting them back this week it seems. beyer fixed them much faster this time, last time it was like 2 months to get the headband replaced. i should get them sometime this week.

Jul 9, 2013 at 7:50 PM Post #26,325 of 42,298
Quote:
Stop playing mind games with yourself.  You have the end game now.  Enjoy your nirvana in Shangri-La.

good idea! 

beerchug.gif

like i think im actually completely happy with hd 800/wa2 now. it sounds soo good i can only imagine it will improve when i get a better DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back