Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Feb 21, 2013 at 7:19 PM Post #24,286 of 42,298
You know how entertaining photographs are...for the cashless set, especially.
rolleyes.gif
 Would love to have a look, dminches.

Feb 21, 2013 at 10:45 PM Post #24,287 of 42,298
Quote:

I have my tubed phono pre on a gingko cloud.  I can't say I know if the sound is improved.

If you use the tube amp as a pre-amp to a amp that drives speakers It may be worth a look to decouple the amp from the surface that may be vibrating from sub bass that is being genrated by the speakers as an example. Last week I had a metting with the CAS group at PS audio and Paul explained their new product the PerfectWave PowerBase http://www.psaudio.com/shop/perfectwave-powerbase/
All made in Boulder,CO as a option along others. Tube amps with thick plates can help and I have added Sorbothane ruber to my amp feet.

Feb 22, 2013 at 1:51 AM Post #24,288 of 42,298
john57, thanks for the link. I watched the video with keen interest and want to bring one home, most definitely. Perhaps, this summer. I find it a bit odd, however, PS Audio suggesting two pieces of gears on the same platform - horizontally or vertically. But, if it works.......fine! 
biggrin.gif

At the meeting, did you get a chance to hear the platform perform?

Feb 22, 2013 at 1:57 AM Post #24,289 of 42,298
ooooh looks nice! i like that PWD/Power Base stack in that pic.

maybe a few years down the road....

Feb 22, 2013 at 2:02 AM Post #24,290 of 42,298
Quote:
ooooh looks nice! i like that PWD/Power Base stack in that pic.

maybe a few years down the road....

I know, huh?! Wished I'd seen his post and the vid 3 hours ago, then I could have caught him before bedtime.
rolleyes.gif
 Now I gotta wait ALL the way 'til tomorrow to get an answer.
biggrin.gif

Feb 22, 2013 at 2:48 AM Post #24,293 of 42,298
Not only I hear a bit of the Power Base in operation but how they are made on the technician station. Their DAC's and power plants (AC regenerators) are also quite good. PS Audio DAC's are upgradable once they come out with a new processor board. PS Audio has a very nice engineering department which takes up almost half of the headquarters. PS Audio have two sound rooms one small and one large. I really enjoy listening to their engineering department fun 3D speaker project in the small room.

Feb 22, 2013 at 3:14 AM Post #24,294 of 42,298
Quote:
Not only I hear a bit of the Power Base in operation but how they are made on the technician station. Their DAC's and power plants (AC regenerators) are also quite good. PS Audio DAC's are upgradable once they come out with a new processor board. PS Audio has a very nice engineering department which takes up almost half of the headquarters. PS Audio have two sound rooms one small and one large. I really enjoy listening to their engineering department fun 3D speaker project in the small room.

So, you are up 
wink_face.gif
 after all! In keeping with the whole Cullen Circuits lineage, my W4S box is also upgradable in the same manner. What component did you hear stacked on top of the Power Base? I'm really excited about this - should be no mystery really, if you seen the Maple I've been bringing home (with more still to come unless...). 

Still don't understand the suggestion of two components being placed on the platform without them interfering with one another...help me understand this. Thanks!

Feb 22, 2013 at 6:45 AM Post #24,298 of 42,298
Quote:
@dubstep girl... Touché
wink.gif
but hey, I've no complaints.. We're on the same side:wink:

beerchug.gif

ive been considering WA22 for over a year now, but can't get myself to do it, especially since i haven't heard WA22 yet.

Feb 22, 2013 at 7:03 AM Post #24,300 of 42,298
Quote:
DG, first why are you still up
confused.gif

But more importantly have you ever posted your take on Beyer vs Senn - with reference to your collection of amps? I would be interested.

oh my sleep sched is really bad, i'm always up late.

oooh no...show linky plz, maybe i haven't checked it out yet 
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back