Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Jan 11, 2013 at 6:21 AM Post #23,851 of 42,298
Quote:
980. Love it. It provides a wonderful counterpoint to the woo2.

One thing about tube amps (well at least mine) is they seem incredibly sensitive to ambient interference and ground loop noise. I had my wireless router sitting too close to mine and got much noise until I moved the router a couple of metres away. Also had noise from the outlets in my previous house.

Same here.  I had to move my cell phone into another room(or turn it off), plus I had to begin using a power conditioner due to intermittent audible noise from my outlets....

Once that was done, I find that neither of my Woo amps have any audible noise whatsover, even when the volume knob is pegged(with all sources turned off, of course!)

I'm actually shocked I don't experience more EMI than I do considering all of the PC's. laser printers, wireless routers/phones, monitors, etc I have in the same home office area as my head-fi gear.......

Guess we should just all convert over to SS amps so we won't have these problems as often :)

Jeff

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:06 AM Post #23,852 of 42,298
I'm just still playing "catch-up" as I wade through past posts.  Enjoy my WA6 and WA2
immensely!  Still watching for a good deal on some better power tubes for the 2.  I have
Sylvania and GE 6080's...but all this talk about 5998's has me scouring that auction site.

Still burning in my HD700's and wonder if I might end up moving to the HD800?  The D7000's 
are ever so slightly bass heavy, but there's something about their overall tonality that keeps
bringing me back.  Enjoying the read (up to page 1300) and the "woo group".  Keep up the good
work folks!
Hibuck.... 

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:37 AM Post #23,853 of 42,298
Quote:
I'm always pretty amazed to see people buying tube amps without knowing anything about tubes or before having done any research whatsoever on tubes (how they're made, how it works, equivalents, do's and dont's, etc)

Maybe that's just me :D

I'm the same way with amps, tubes, and most everything else (except maybe restaurants).

I also read reviews to death. So much so that I usually end up not buying anything. I usually pull the trigger after someone else has or has had the opportunity to hear one themselves. :wink: As with the DT770 AE 32Ω 88. :wink:

Jan 11, 2013 at 10:24 AM Post #23,854 of 42,298
FYI - While everyone has a differently reality, the WooAudio WA 6 Special Edition does not inherently have noise. I'm a witness. For a solid year - up to 15 months, if I recall - my Woo was silent. How silent? Dead silent - with Volume control know turned ALL the way up (max) with no music playing.

I agree. I've always been able to have a dead quiet background with my 6SE. Noise is not created by the amp, it's just a symptom being amplified.

Jan 11, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #23,855 of 42,298
Still burning in my HD700's and wonder if I might end up moving to the HD800?  The D7000's 
are ever so slightly bass heavy, but there's something about their overall tonality that keeps
bringing me back.  Enjoying the read (up to page 1300) and the "woo group".  Keep up the good
work folks!
Hibuck.... 

Burn in isn't going to change those 700's much. In this case I would endorse the upgrade to the 800, well worth the price of admission, and big returns.

Jan 11, 2013 at 10:56 AM Post #23,856 of 42,298
Quote:
Burn in isn't going to change those 700's much. In this case I would endorse the upgrade to the 800, well worth the price of admission, and big returns.

X2, I love the HD800 so much that I have to sell the LCD-2 since it is not getting any head time. 

Jan 11, 2013 at 12:36 PM Post #23,858 of 42,298
Quote:
You can be completely ignorant of how they work and still derive pleasure from them ... as with many things.

I got married.

ROFL!!  Quote "She sure looks good!"    

beerchug.gif

Jan 11, 2013 at 3:55 PM Post #23,860 of 42,298
yeah
and payment method
sketchville

Jan 12, 2013 at 2:42 PM Post #23,861 of 42,298
Warming up the WA22 in the sun. I am going to listen to the DT770 Pro LE 32 ohms some time this afternoon.

Thank you, @Ultrainferno.

Before:

and After (and much happier, too!)

Jan 12, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #23,865 of 42,298
incredible pics Clayton

i was hoping to be listening to my WA6SE today.
But somehow the post office attempted to deliver it to the wrong house.
How that happens i don't really know.
so the shipping went from "out for delivery"
to "notice left"
but i have no notice and have been literally sitting next to the door ALL FREAKING DAY
and then
THE BRONCOS LOST

this day started with so much promise.
now i just want to vomit

=(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back