Jun 29, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #22,096 of 42,298

Heavy Metal-Hot Water and Woo

Jun 29, 2012 at 11:05 PM Post #22,098 of 42,298
Quote:

Wew..Nicee...Mind if i take a spot..
tongue.gif

Jun 29, 2012 at 11:11 PM Post #22,099 of 42,298
I've been swamped at work and am about 15 pages behind in this thread. While I am catching up, here is a picture of my Audiophilleo PurePower that just came tonight. Pardon the dark iPad picture.

Jun 29, 2012 at 11:20 PM Post #22,100 of 42,298
Quote:
I've been swamped at work and am about 15 pages behind in this thread. While I am catching up, here is a picture of my Audiophilleo PurePower that just came tonight. Pardon the dark iPad picture.

Nice....how does it compare with the non-PurePower configuration???

Jun 29, 2012 at 11:38 PM Post #22,101 of 42,298
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What's not to love? 

I like everything about it, except the form factor. The Gungnir is excellent that way and it's price is right, but no attenuation and no AES/EBU input. The NAD M51 is perfect for my needs (35-bit, 844 kHz!) but even more $ than the WDS.

So the search continues, luckily I really enjoy my existing pedestrian setup. I'll probably just keep buying Old Light Bulbs while I think on it a while longer.

Silently, not exactly loving the aesthetics of my shoe-box, but... 
rolleyes.gif

The Gungnir is the perfect form factor for a "desktop monitor stand" (with a frame around it of course). I would have to change the way I use Pure Music though, as I currently have DSP options disabled so I can't attenuate via software. I'll probably cave and give it a try though.

Jun 30, 2012 at 12:51 AM Post #22,105 of 42,298
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What's not to love? 

I like everything about it, except the form factor. The Gungnir is excellent that way and it's price is right, but no attenuation and no AES/EBU input. The NAD M51 is perfect for my needs (35-bit, 844 kHz!) but even more $ than the WDS.

So the search continues, luckily I really enjoy my existing pedestrian setup. I'll probably just keep buying Old Light Bulbs while I think on it a while longer.

Silently, not exactly loving the aesthetics of my shoe-box, but... 
rolleyes.gif

The Gungnir is the perfect form factor for a "desktop monitor stand" (with a frame around it of course). I would have to change the way I use Pure Music though, as I currently have DSP options disabled so I can't attenuate via software. I'll probably cave and give it a try though.

Do it, grokit... 
smiley_thumb.gif
 do it now!

Jun 30, 2012 at 12:55 AM Post #22,106 of 42,298
Quote:
Quote:

Holy crap, be careful with that listening position.  Granted, it's not a toaster on a ledge of a tub, but it's rather close.  BTW what kind of metal are you into?

Just under the letter "S" alone, we have Sneeze-Splash-Shock... 
blink.gif
.  We're ALL wishing for the best, of course, Redcarmoose's rejuvenation without incident! 
biggrin.gif

Jun 30, 2012 at 12:57 AM Post #22,107 of 42,298
Quote:
Do it, grokit... 
smiley_thumb.gif
 do it now!

Haha it's not out yet (thankfully), gonna have to unload some more Old Light Bulbs first.

Jun 30, 2012 at 1:39 AM Post #22,108 of 42,298
Jun 30, 2012 at 4:08 AM Post #22,109 of 42,298
Quote:
Hi,All as i have been reading through is forum now for two weeks and caught the bug, and have just purchased a WA6-SE should be here early next week. It will be interesting to do a comparison to a 339 la-figaro and a stax SRM-1/MK2 Professional, i need more space.

congrats, welcome to the 6SE club..!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back