Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Feb 6, 2012 at 12:56 AM Post #18,646 of 42,298

Quote:

Speaking of food, every picture I've seen of a black Woo shows grimy, oily fingerprints all over. You can almost smell the buttered popcorn topping and pepperoni through the browser. SilentOne-san, comments?

This doesn't apply to the freshly deboxed ones. It would appear that Jack eats his Cinema Lover's in a separate facility.

I'm torn, I really am. The black Woos are sexy as hell, but the silver always seem cleaner. On the other hand, the black would provide a richer background for lovely glowing Sophia. If Jack went ahead and introduced colors this already overly-dramatic, color-picking torture would expand exponentially. The mind reels.

I must retreat to a hot tub and contemplate it all.

You can get a Woo 5 LE in red they said after I asked. Any color they offer can be ordered. There is a fee for the upgrade. I have both a Woo in black and a Woo in silver. What about a Woo 5 in gold!

Feb 6, 2012 at 1:01 AM Post #18,647 of 42,298

Quote:
Here's a short video I did on the WA3+, probably not that informative but still WOO related..

I applaud your effort. Your WA3+ video is of value to those familiar with Woo Audio but never really looked at the '3.' And especially to those unregistered guests that visit the thread trying to make heads/tails of Woo Audio amps; vacuum tube amps, in general. Many stumble upon these pages from links and web searches, having never visited Head-Fi before. So, it's good to see videos supplement posts in this space.

Quick question about your transformer: Did you replace it yourself, have it done or was it done by the previous owner? 

Feb 6, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #18,648 of 42,298

Quote:
You can get a Woo 5 LE in red they said after I asked. Any color they offer can be ordered. There is a fee for the upgrade. I have both a Woo in black and a Woo in silver. What about a Woo 5 in gold!

Showcase-

I've always been interested in seeing Woo Audio's showcase of custom amps. They have done and still do wicked builds. Wouldn't it be great if we could peruse this private online portfolio of client builds? May send Jack Wu a Tweet overnight... 
biggrin.gif
 ok, in the morning!

Feb 6, 2012 at 1:30 AM Post #18,650 of 42,298

This means you overlooked my own pix of my Black Special Edition - no prints. We don't do (eat) popcorn or meat. 
wink.gif
 Only green tea, cold milk and gourmet ice-cream gets inside the listening room on different nights. 
biggrin.gif

I only pick movie butter popcorn and pepperoni because they are the greasiest foods I could come up with off the top of my head. I mentioned you by name because I had an inkling you wouldn't touch either, much less saunter into your listening room with 'em. And, you have a sense of humor. The running dialog I have in my nogging occasionally fails to translate to the written page. 
rolleyes.gif

Good move on no meat. My first 18 months here in Malaysia I was 98% vegetarian and I hope to get back to it. No popcorn? Why, I guess it takes all kinds. 
popcorn.gif

Quote:

Any color they offer? Whoa. Does anyone know what colors are to be had? 

Feb 6, 2012 at 1:34 AM Post #18,651 of 42,298

Quote:
Holey moley.  Didn't you buy your amp after I did?  I'd be surprised if I had 1/5 of that time on mine.  If any of us have ever wondered if capacitors wear out I think sooner or later you'll be the one to be able to tell us. 
tongue_smile.gif

That's a really low total from a 9 July, 2010 start. I tend to listen only 2-3 times a week if I'm fortunate. 
wink_face.gif
 Don't forget my legendary and extended warm up times. A vacuum tube amp @ 2,500 hrs? Things are just gettin' good! 
biggrin.gif

Feb 6, 2012 at 1:54 AM Post #18,652 of 42,298
I had m friend Jacob do all the work on the unit. The transformer is about the same size as the stock one but is heavier. One thing is for sure that the unit is now more powerful. I also had him lower the gain of the amp because it got too loud too fast.

I still have all the stock parts here that he took out and the unit will be reverted back to stock form when it is time I decide to sell it.

Also...

Quote:
I applaud your effort. Your WA3+ video is of value to those familiar with Woo Audio but never really looked at the '3.' And especially to those unregistered guests that visit the thread trying to make heads/tails of Woo Audio amps; vacuum tube amps, in general. Many stumble upon these pages from links and web searches, having never visited Head-Fi before. So, it's good to see videos supplement posts in this space.

Quick question about your transformer: Did you replace it yourself, have it done or was it done by the previous owner? 

Feb 6, 2012 at 2:01 AM Post #18,653 of 42,298
Zombie -

Still enjoying your work on my D7000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
I had m friend Jacob do all the work on the unit. The transformer is about the same size as the stock one but is heavier. One thing is for sure that the unit is now more powerful. I also had him lower the gain of the amp because it got too loud too fast.

I still have all the stock parts here that he took out and the unit will be reverted back to stock form when it is time I decide to sell it.

Feb 6, 2012 at 2:05 AM Post #18,654 of 42,298

Quote:

I only pick movie butter popcorn and pepperoni because they are the greasiest foods I could come up with off the top of my head. I mentioned you by name because I had an inkling you wouldn't touch either, much less saunter into your listening room with 'em. And, you have a sense of humor. The running dialog I have in my nogging occasionally fails to translate to the written page. 
rolleyes.gif

Good move on no meat. My first 18 months here in Malaysia I was 98% vegetarian and I hope to get back to it. No popcorn? Why, I guess it takes all kinds. 
popcorn.gif

Any color they offer? Whoa. Does anyone know what colors are to be had? 

I may successfully revisit some forbidden fruits from times past, someday. I just know (I can f-e-e-l it!) there's some Wild Woo's out there that simply have yet to be captured or indexed by search engines (customers being reserved). But I'd love to see some! 
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 6, 2012 at 2:09 AM Post #18,655 of 42,298
Glad to hear my work is appreciated :wink:

I trust everything is going well with the D7000 and cable?

Quote:
Zombie -

Still enjoying your work on my D7000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb 6, 2012 at 2:15 AM Post #18,656 of 42,298
Yes.  The cable you added is top notch.  Much lighter than the original and no coiling issues.  The ZX-D7000 knows how to bring it
beerchug.gif

Quote:
Glad to hear my work is appreciated :wink:

I trust everything is going well with the D7000 and cable?

Feb 6, 2012 at 2:35 AM Post #18,658 of 42,298
It's a great collaboration of fine pieces ... Going to sign off for the night and fall asleep to the ZX-D7000 ... just gotta choose between zep, dave, or grabriel ... leaning towards zep 3 tonight.  can't go wrong ....

Quote:
smiley_thumb.gif
 Very exciting to hear from a fellow W4S-WA-D7000 owner.

Feb 6, 2012 at 2:52 AM Post #18,659 of 42,298
Decided it's gonna be a zep night.  D7000 on their way to a chamber session.  Night guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back