Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried?
Jul 9, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #256 of 484
Jh13

Jul 20, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #259 of 484
W4r> which I think is incredible specialy amped then> er4p > eq5 , which amped is incredible too > um1. Which I personally think is better then the um2 just my opinion

I know this is the best armature driver iem but if I may, I think my ie80 beats them all in SQ again IMO

Aug 1, 2013 at 9:48 AM Post #262 of 484
Used to be SM3, but since the LA meet I have to say UERM universal demo. Left me babbling like an idiot. If I had the cash, I'd have gotten my impressions right then and there.
Thinking within the next year or sooner I'm going to go the custom route. Of all the iems out there what ones does the signature remind you of?? And what is the price of these? I've only read really good things about these :)

Aug 2, 2013 at 9:20 PM Post #263 of 484
Well I'd say it's closest relatives I've heard are the SM3 and UM3X, although it had much clearer, better extended treble than either. I'd say it had the soundstage size of the SM3 but with a much more open sound on the whole, with distancing of  vocals and instruments being much more natural compared to any universal I've heard. It separated like the UM3X only better, with an actual sense of space, something the UM3X lacks. The SM3 is the only true universal IEM I've heard to date that actually made me feel like there was empty space that I could hear and feel, but the UERM put it to shame in this regard; the presentation was simply on a different level of realism and acuity. And the tonal balance was just about perfect to my ears. 

Pretty sure they run in the neighborhood of $1000, not including impressions, shipping, etc.
Quote:
Thinking within the next year or sooner I'm going to go the custom route. Of all the iems out there what ones does the signature remind you of?? And what is the price of these? I've only read really good things about these
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back